Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Pre-Season OVER REACTION Thred

FunBunch7

So every year the first pre season game rolls around and the predictable happens...

Let's say we win our first game. WHOOPPPEEEEE! Everyone will come on ES and talk about how we'll go 8-0 at home and be 12-4 and have a bye week.

But on the contrary, if we lose our first game...the sky is falling. Our GM will have failed at providing us the dpeth needed to compete thru a 16 game season.

But guess what folks...our game against Buffalo is absolutely meaningless...unless ofcourse we get an injury. If we blow them out...so freakin' what. If they shut us out...I really don't care! We'll break down our backups vs their backups and say so in so had a great 3rd quarter, yada yada yada...but so what if he had a great 3rd quarter against a guy that will be getting cut in 3 weeks...how will he cover Miles Austin on a slant is what I want to know.

So let's just hope and pray for no injuries and not reserve our seats for the Super Bowl just yet or reserve our #1 pick in next year's draft. It's pre season folks.

:beatdeadhorse:

So every year the first pre season game rolls around and the predictable happens...

Let's say we win our first game. WHOOPPPEEEEE! Everyone will come on ES and talk about how we'll go 8-0 at home and be 12-4 and have a bye week.

But on the contrary, if we lose our first game...the sky is falling. Our GM will have failed at providing us the dpeth needed to compete thru a 16 game season.

But guess what folks...our game against Buffalo is absolutely meaningless...unless ofcourse we get an injury. If we blow them out...so freakin' what. If they shut us out...I really don't care! We'll break down our backups vs their backups and say so in so had a great 3rd quarter, yada yada yada...but so what if he had a great 3rd quarter against a guy that will be getting cut in 3 weeks...how will he cover Miles Austin on a slant is what I want to know.

So let's just hope and pray for no injuries and not reserve our seats for the Super Bowl just yet or reserve our #1 pick in next year's draft. It's pre season folks.

The BILLS are Coming!!! The BILLS are Coming!!!! RUN!!!!!!

:ols:

paloffs aren't now? :(

To all my fellow Skins brothers and sisters going to the game tomorrow night, i'm very jealous, have fun, stay safe, cheer your ass off. Eventhough I can't be there, i'm so damn excited to see this team take the field! Here's to an injury free, Burgundy and Gold Domination!

:cheers:

Hail!

:logo:

I dont care about winning as much as I would like to see some of our younger players play well. The key to winning throughout a 16 game season is having people that can come into the game and perform when your starters need a break.

I would love to see a young reciever, I dont care personally who it is step up and solidify themselves in the recieving rotation. That is the great thing about this coaching staff, they dont owe anyone on this team any loyalty, so their eyes are wide open to put together the best 53 man roster possible. If R. Williams is that reciever so be it.....HTTR!!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow night, you are right some people will come in here and either say we're going 16-0 and going to be the greatest thing ever to the NFL or we're going to just be the worst team ever in football. All is want is some nice plays from Williams, a little fluidity on offense and maybe a blitz or two from the D

I disagree. This is a make or break game. We win this one, and the momentum will carry us through the entire season, playoffs and Super Bowl. We lose, and we might as well not even play the rest of our games.

This is the only opportunity we'll have to evaluate the Shanahan's, Haslett, and how everyone fits into the respective schemes until next week. Tell me that's not a barometer!!!

Did you know that regular season games matter? They count towards our chances of making the playoffs and the superbowl!

Whatever the talent level of the opposing defense, we better hope Grossman looks good. I will be shocked if he doesn't end up taking a snap in a real game this year. Bartel is out and Beck doesn't know the plays so we will be seeing a lot of Rex tonight.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. I was under the impression that pre season had an impact on our record. Good thing I read this "thred" before making a fool out of myself

I usually like to stay MEDIUM for preseason but ill admit I'm excited to see how the new look Redskins perform. This is the 1st time in a number of years that there is actual competition at all spots may the best men win.

Also it would be nice if DT had a productive game he needs something positive to happen right about now HTTR.

Archived