Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Morning Storm...

Btubes18

Haven't seen a morning storm like this in a long time. Got to the metro this morning and clouds were pitch Black. Awesome sight, let's just hope people are safe on their morning commute. It amazes me, the power of nature and weather.

Anyone recall when the last time they saw a storm like this?

Well here's what I know, my slug driver this morning is a dick. Organized hitchhiking, for those wondering.

He called out for 14th and New York Avenue...which means he was going up 14th street and making a right on New York Avenue, heading in the direction of Chinatown. Perfect...I work in Chinatown, on H street. Of course, when I got picked up in Woodbridge, it was sunny and I had no idea what was on the horizon and thus had no umbrella.

Flash forward an hour, past the bus that was on fire on 395, into the city. It is pouring rain, lightning everywhere. Driver approaches intersection of 14th and New York, pulls over, looks at the riders and says "Good luck."

Seriously? We work on the same damn street!! People are offered to go further down in these situations when it's 72 degrees and sunny. It's not expected, but in this weather...would it have killed him to drive us down New York Avenue, the same direction he was going anyway?

Apparently it would have. So I spent a good half hour running from overhang to overhang down H street, getting soaked in the process, and here I sit in my office, soaking wet, the A/C on full blast with no way of shutting it off. I won't wish too much harm on that guy, but I hope he messes up a presentation in front of his boss or something.:saber:

Anyone recall when the last time they saw a storm like this?

I know my birthday last year, August 2, 2009, we had a hell of a morning storm. I'm getting some rain here in central DE right now, but it looks like we might be getting some heavy stuff here soon, I can hear the thunder off in the distance.

Stupid storm downed a tree across a couple of lanes of the 270 split going north. Then at the exit for Shady Grove road the stop light just stayed red. People had to run the red light just to get from the offramp onto Shady Grove Road. Took me an extra 25 minutes to get into work today. Grrrrrr.

It wasn't too bad for me in Springfield' date=' but I did wake up at 8 thinking it was 530 cuz it was so dark. [b']I actually called the time because I thought my clock was off.[/b]

Wow...I don't think I've done that in 20 years. Literally.

866-any four numbers?

Good morning, at the tone the time will be eight oh one and 20 seconds....beep.

Good times.

My whole town is without power. There's a huge limb that went crashing down in the middle of the town taking out the entire high tension wires from way up top and leaving them laying in the street. You can't even WALK by, it's so bad. Looks like I'll be without power all day at least. Typing this from a county library.

My neighbor (down hill) had 3/4 of his lot underwater. Brookeville Rd. was closed, flooded. Rt 97 had water up to the wheel wells but cars were getting by. Cop said a tree went down in southbound I-270. He said Georgia and Connecticut intersection was under water. He said 60,000 were without power in Montgomery.

I got some good pics but I'll have to post them later...

Man **** that storm! Lmao First of all, there was non stop thunder and lightning. Then, several trees and branches feel in our NW neighborhood. To top it off, my normally 22 minute commute was turned into a 1 and 1/2 hour one due to all of the power outages and downed trees. I think the worst is the fact that Bethesda looks as if it wasn't even touched by the storm.

My whole town is without power. There's a huge limb that went crashing down in the middle of the town taking out the entire high tension wires from way up top and leaving them laying in the street. You can't even WALK by, it's so bad. Looks like I'll be without power all day at least. Typing this from a county library.

My neighbor (down hill) had 3/4 of his lot underwater. Brookeville Rd. was closed, flooded. Rt 97 had water up to the wheel wells but cars were getting by. Cop said a tree went down in southbound I-270. He said Georgia and Connecticut intersection was under water. He said 60,000 were without power in Montgomery.

I got some good pics but I'll have to post them later...

You know you're a dedicated ES'er when you go to the library to log on!

Hope everything clears up over there, sounds like you guys go the worst of it.

I don't know but what's hilarious is the "caution - wet floor" sign. No ****.

That's the Cleveland Park Metro station.

http://wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=4604

The Cleveland Park Metrorail station remains closed due to high water. Trains are passing through the station without stopping. Shuttle buses are available between the Woodley Park-Zoo and Van Ness-UDC Metrorail stations to help get customers around the closure. As an alternative, customers can also use Metrobus route L2, which operates on Connecticut Avenue and serves the Van Ness-UDC, Cleveland Park and Woodley Park Zoo Metrorail stations.

I live in the CP area but I drive to work now. I take Rock Creek Parkway but it was flooded over today and they redirected over to Connecticut and Mass. Aves.

Archived