Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your friendly Friday night youtube music thread...

rincewind

Last spring I was in New Orleans, and we were walking to a restaurant in the French Quarter when we came upon these two women.  They were playing a version of Bridge Over Troubled Water that stopped me in my tracks.  

Their names are Tanya and Dorise.  They cover a bunch of rock and roll songs, and I guess they're sort of a local street-level institution in the French Quarter. 

When that one drunk guy yells "FRREEE-BIRDDD!!!" they're ready to oblige.  If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, at least skip to 4:20 or so when they let loose.

If ya have to go, go zydeco  B)

meanwhile, to salute 31 years of love, a tune from a little more than 31 years ago (so ya have to keep it up, amigo)

dude hasn't enjoyed the revival attention of so many other crooners of his day, but his voice was second to no one's, and every singer of his day talked about it...not great audio but a great love song from a great score from a great movie from a great original story 

and a great version of a classic I identified with as a callow yute...

I may have to get  a drum kit again someday

This was a great show and it's a great venue, tho you can't see her well in the video (dark) 

If you can't sleep and you don't like to take pills, try a coupe mazzy's before bed time ( i like her)

video is as grainy and gritty as the tune--one of my favorite old covers of a classic

speaking of old

and one more---saw them at one of my first concerts--I was about 12 or 13 and it was in the West Anchorage High School auditorium lol

damn...that's another thing i love about Knopfler and Ry Cooder---they really suport those steel boys...love me some slide geetar

speaking of the boys (and I know and i'm sorry--i get no kickbacks)

and how about another one of this guy

Archived