Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video: 300 yard shuttle, 25 yard increments

instinct21

yeah that's not really all that hard. And with 5 minutes in between? Granted, I'm 5'7 and 150 pounds and fairly in shape, but I would expect any professional NFL player to have enough conditioning to pass a simple exercise like this.

I just had a semi-reunion with a bunch of guys from my high school football team, and a bunch of us were talking about the "one practice" during our preseason where we ran the same drill, except it was 50 yard bursts 6 times. In similar kind of weather. Just about everyone on the team (and we had an extremely athletic team that year) threw up multiple times. It was awful. Each time a member of your group (lineman/skill position) didn't finish in the allotted time, that one didn't count. We called them "gassers". Easily one of the worst athletic moments of my life. I was contemplating quitting the team on the spot. Point is, it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks.

The dude is like 320 or 330 lbs or something.

You try running with that much weight and see how hard it is.

Granted, he is a professional athlete so he SHOULD have his conditioning up to a good level though... but to say it's easy based on a video when he's likely at least 75+ lbs heavier than that dude in the video? Hah.

I just had a semi-reunion with a bunch of guys from my high school football team, and a bunch of us were talking about the "one practice" during our preseason where we ran the same drill, except it was 50 yard bursts 6 times. In similar kind of weather. Just about everyone on the team (and we had an extremely athletic team that year) threw up multiple times. It was awful. Each time a member of your group (lineman/skill position) didn't finish in the allotted time, that one didn't count. We called them "gassers". Easily one of the worst athletic moments of my life. I was contemplating quitting the team on the spot. Point is, it's a hell of a lot harder than it looks.

If some of those 50 yard burst didn't count, you ran more than 300 yards.

I definitely think agree that a professional athlete making that kind of money should be able to do this, but I really think it's not as easy as it looks. I (as most of us probably) was in the best shape of my life in hs, 3 sport letterman, and those things kicked my ass. We would whisper back and forth on Monday film session day, speculating if we were gonna have to do them. No one dared say the word "gasser" in fear the coaches would remember and then say those three hated words- line 'em up

when does a pro athlete who trains in strength, BURSTS and short distances have to EVER run 25yds 6 times for 70 seconds straight...EVER?

add on the fact that he is OVER 300 pounds. you people think its so easy, but dont forget do it 3 times with someone who has decided not to pass you even before you take the test and will nitpick everything that you do wrong.

not to defend haynseworth, but some of you need to get off your high horse and put things into perspective. he DID pass easily, but i am glad he failed it multiple times so he can be taught a lesson and be put in his place.

take my word, he passes it the third time

Thank you.

To the OP. YOu can at least give me credit for finding this and posting it in the other thread.:pfft:

LOL. I didn't know. Though it differently deserves it's own thread in order to put this all in perspective.

Haynesworth is out of shape and deserves no sympathy.

Great Find mate! :cheers:

wow...haynesworth is a *****...I had to do this in practice every day for basketball....full court, up and back.

Are you talking about suicides? Them things were ridiculous....... but I did it.

After seeing this video and telling people " I don't give a s***", I can't defend the bamma anymore.......

I played women's football, and we had to run these, but we went from the back of the goal to the goal and back, then to the 10 and back, to the 20 and back, until we got to the end of the field and all the way back. It is Friday night, so I have no brain to calculate how many yards that is. We had some big women playing, and we all did this. Granted, it was July, and there were many pukers following, but we finished. Our coach called it the Jet drill. I tried to find a video of it, but couldn't.

If we could do that, fer chrissakes AH should be able to.

Haynesworth just needs to learn to pace himself. I don't care what kind of conditioning you have, you can blow yourself up quickly if you try hard enough.

The question is, do we want a Haynesworth that paces himself?

He workouts and plays at that weight...he's "conditioned" at that weight.

Hell, I'd bet that I could throw on my 20 lb. weighted vest and still do this easily :silly:

That exercise isn't exactly the type of workout a 320 lineman should find easy. I agree, with everyone that he should be able to do it, but to say he's not in shape because he can't do it isn't necessarily true.

btw, is adding 20 pounds going to make you 320 pounds?

Archived