Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video: 300 yard shuttle, 25 yard increments

instinct21

Reguardless of how easy or hard this test is, I just hope AH can pass the damn thing tomorrow, and get on with it.. But I dont see how if somone is too out of shape to pass it on monday, can somehow get in shape enough to pass it on tues, or weds?? Obviously Im no athlete, but doesnt it take a while to "gain" the conditioning needed to improve on a test like this? Is it reasonable to think he can pass it tomorrow, when he's failed 2 days in a row? Just looking for some basic info on conditioning.. Hail!

Reguardless of how easy or hard this test is, I just hope AH can pass the damn thing tomorrow, and get on with it.. But I dont see how if somone is too out of shape to pass it on monday, can somehow get in shape enough to pass it on tues, or weds?? Obviously Im no athlete, but doesnt it take a while to "gain" the conditioning needed to improve on a test like this? Is it reasonable to think he can pass it tomorrow, when he's failed 2 days in a row? Just looking for some basic info on conditioning.. Hail!

The thing is, he could have passed it the first day, if he didn't take too long between the two runs.

I don't know exactly what happened today, but did he even try? I heard yesterday he half assed the third attempt after being told he took too much time for the recovery.

If that is the case and he just skipped through it, I hope shanny runs him into the ground. I don't think it is too much to ask, if the guy is motivated. That I think is his biggest problem. He doesn't want to be here. Only reason he is here is he doesn't want to lose any of his money.

He doesn't care. He doesn't give a ****.

I get the feeling that the athletes that had to do this are the ones saying this is hard....

And the people who have never played organized sports are saying its sooo easy.....

I'll take the athletes word on it

It isn't like this is so far left field in terms of Football TC. The Redskins didn't just make this up to show Fat Al he is out of shape.

A LOT of teams do something very similar or exactly like this. Sorry, but it appears that Al's off season conditioning program wasn't all that great.

He lost 30 lbs perhaps, but how many of those did he gain after the season?

It isn't like this is so far left field in terms of Football TC. The Redskins didn't just make this up to show Fat Al he is out of shape.

A LOT of teams do something very similar or exactly like this. Sorry, but it appears that Al's off season conditioning program wasn't all that great.

He lost 30 lbs perhaps, but how many of those did he gain after the season?

I mean, should he be able to pass it? Yes.

But since they time it by weight, I bet if all the 320 LB players in the league did this, a lot of them would take more than 1 try as well.

Mountain out of a molehill is what we have

What does this have to do with the person you quoted? He's trying to say that the test is probably harder for bigger people, and then the article you post says how the writer found the shuttle run drill the hardest to do. Can Albert still be in shape without needing to run 300 yards? Of course.

It has everything to do with what I quoted the guy saying. He stated that teams only train the big guys in 4-5 second intervals, and that simply is not the truth. I pointed that one SI article (from a ex-NFL player) that said he trained in the 300yard shuttles, and now other coaches (Jeff Fisher) have said it's all pretty common.

I was debunking his statement that teams train them in 4-5 second intervals and that the 300 yard shuttle was overkill. Seems the rest of the NFL doesn't agree with his statement.

If Albert can't run 300 yards, then he doesn't need to be on a NFL team. You'll run more than 300 yards during a game, I can assure you of that. It's all about burst speed, and being able to have the stamina to endure that burst speed for 4 quarters.

I'm not going to be foolish and say it's easy, because it's not. For somebody 320lbs, that shuttle run is a *****. To have trained all during the off-season, he should be aceing this test. Not like he didn't know about it seeing as both of his coaches previously ran it (Zorn and Fisher).

I mean, should he be able to pass it? Yes.

But since they time it by weight, I bet if all the 320 LB players in the league did this, a lot of them would take more than 1 try as well.

Mountain out of a molehill is what we have

Yeah but 320 linemen have a different time to beat than a 220lb RB.

And if those LB players stayed away from OTAs and ten didn't pass I don't think it is out of the ordinary for a coach to keep them out until they pass it.

Though I hope he passes it tomorrow and then gets to practice with the second stringers.

So, who's up to put $$$ on this? Lets pick a time an place and quit hidding behind keyboards(for those who say it is so easy). It would be timed on weight/position. So 70 sec for linemen and taking of seconds for other positions. As a DB in HS I had to run it a lot quicker than 70 sec. Any one have the times of the positions?

So, who's up to put $$$ on this? Lets pick a time an place and quit hidding behind keyboards. BTW, it will be timed on weight/position you would be. So 70 sec for linemen and taking of seconds for other positions. As a DB in HS I had to a lot quicker than 70 sec. Any one have the times of the positions?

Do we get to train for 4 months with a professional trainer like he did? Let's make this even for all parties.

In terms of times for the other groups? My guess is the skilled (WR/RB/CB) have to do it in the 40-50 second range, while the semi-skill (TE/LB/QB) have to do it in the 50-60 second range.

Do we get to train for 4 months with a professional trainer like he did? Let's make this even for all parties.

In terms of times for the other groups? My guess is the skilled (WR/RB/CB) have to do it in the 40-50 second range, while the semi-skill (TE/LB/QB) have to do it in the 50-60 second range.

Of course not, everyone is saying they can do it now, no problem. Oh, have to touch the line, unlike the vid.

Your times sound in range, it's only been 18 years, a bit fuzzy.

Of course not, everyone is saying they can do it now, no problem. Oh, have to touch the line, unlike the vid.

Your times sound in range, it's only been 18 years, a bit fuzzy.

Well, most people are asking them to do it at a 320 weight, so they should be able to train for 4 months like he has.

Those were ranges. I'm sure it varies from team. One guy on the forums said he had to run it in 40 seconds (he was a skilled player) in his college playing days. I just put a range of where the positions and their allotted time falls in. Nothing precise.

Well, most people are asking them to do it at a 320 weight, so they should be able to train for 4 months like he has.

Those were ranges. I'm sure it varies from team. One guy on the forums said he had to run it in 40 seconds (he was a skilled player) in his college playing days. I just put a range of where the positions and their allotted time falls in. Nothing precise.

I hear what your saying about training for it. The point is there are people saying "who can't do that, i could easily do it, thats to easy" Just want to know if they will put money on it. As is, and at time vs weight/position. Hell I can easily do it in 70 sec, but at 5'8" 175 i'll be testing it to make it at 40-50 sec.

I hear what your saying about training for it. The point is there are people saying "who can't do that, i could easily do it, thats to easy" Just want to know if they will put money on it. As is, and at time vs weight/position. Hell I can easily do it in 70 sec, but at 5'8" 175 i'll be testing it to make it at 40-50 sec.

Let me go on record as saying I'm not one of those people claiming it to be easy. I've done the ****, and I know what other players say as well. Like you said, weight puts a whole other perspective on this exercise. That said, I still think he should have passed it with flying colors with the supposed professional trainer he's been working with for the past 4 months.

You guys are being a bit ridiculous.

I have to do PT every day and I can tell you this test is difficult. Running 300 yards and a 300 yard shuttle are two entirely different things. In a shuttle you are not only losing all your momentum but you are actually expending more energy stopping and starting back up. The first time you do the run it is going to be difficult, the second time is going to be excruciating.

I can see why he is failing the test, he shouldn't be but I wouldn't go as far as to say it should be easy for him.

Who here is 320 pounds and can do this easily?

Well I'm 270, 6'0. I can do it faster than Haynesworth or at least in the alloted time. Granted I weigh less I still think it's fair. Considering I'm in no NFL player shape. Good enough though.

Let me go on record as saying I'm not one of those people claiming it to be easy. I've done the ****, and I know what other players say as well. Like you said, weight puts a whole other perspective on this exercise. That said, I still think he should have passed it with flying colors with the supposed professional trainer he's been working with for the past 4 months.

I think he should have too, but I'm not gonna flame him for it. It's what you practice for, and I don't think he expected it.

You guys are being a bit ridiculous.

I have to do PT every day and I can tell you this test is difficult. Running 300 yards and a 300 yard shuttle are two entirely different things. In a shuttle you are not only losing all your momentum but you are actually expending more energy stopping and starting back up. The first time you do the run it is going to be difficult, the second time is going to be excruciating.

I can see why he is failing the test, he shouldn't be but I wouldn't go as far as to say it should be easy for him.

Indian runs, that should be enough said. I knew guys who could run for 5+ miles and not be winded. But on an indian run, they just couldn't do it. I was lucky enough to be able to do both, but that was 13 years ago, I would die now.

Well I'm 270, 6'0. I can do it faster than Haynesworth or at least in the alloted time. Granted I weigh less I still think it's fair. Considering I'm in no NFL player shape. Good enough though.

Everyone saying the could do it, why don't you guys make a video. I find it extremly unlikely many of you could do it seeing as i'm currently playing football and this is exhausting.

6 more inches and 50 more lbs makes a lot of difference when you have to touch the ground at each turn.

In before "thats what she said"!

Yeah, he needs to lose more weight, because his heaviness has really prevented him from being any good.

He is really really good... For 3 downs. Then he falls down and fakes an injury because he is NOT IN SHAPE!!!. You think it was just his weight that made him good? If he could turn some of that blubber into muscle you don't think he would be better?!? He is freaking 6'6 and strong as an ox, but he gets gassed closing a car door to his new Bentley. We as fans have the right to watch him suffer, we pay the crazy ticket prices so he can make our franchise a laughing stock.

Archived