Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

USAToday: More mature Dallas Cowboys team ready for Super Bowl run

tr1

If he "impressed" so much, why have there been countless articles on whether or not he could hold his own on the left? Aren't the talking heads saying that Rak, Haynesworth, and the Giants DEs are going to have a field day with him? Not to mention Dwight Freeney and Mario Williams...

There are so many articles because talking heads like Jamie Dukes started declaring that Free sucked based on his performance in the MN game without ever looking at the game film. That becomes obvious when they start talking about the sacks he gave up when he gave up ZERO the entire game. As a RT last year he was quite good, and has always been considered a more natural left tackle

Wait...what?

So if Doug Free sucks, which is very possible, they put Alex Barron in who was a backup tackle for the St. Louis Rams? The very last place St. Louis Rams? Am I missing something? Did you wiki this?

Alex Barron was a 60+ game starter in St. Louis, and other than his league leading penalties (he false started even more than Flozell if you can believe it) actually grades out quite well and makes for excellent depth on either side of the line.

There are so many articles because talking heads like Jamie Dukes started declaring that Free sucked based on his performance in the MN game without ever looking at the game film. That becomes obvious when they start talking about the sacks he gave up when he gave up ZERO the entire game. As a RT last year he was quite good, and has always been considered a more natural left tackle

You know, let's be fair about it...your entire offensive unit sucked against Minny. Too bad they couldn't play Philly again, eh?

Feel better?

Alex Barron was a 60+ game starter in St. Louis, and other than his league leading penalties (he false started even more than Flozell if you can believe it) actually grades out quite well and makes for excellent depth on either side of the line.

I'm going to requote what you just wrote...try to understand what you said:

"...other than his league leading penalties (he false started even more than Flozell if you can believe it)..."

:doh:

You know, let's be fair about it...your entire offensive unit sucked against Minny. Too bad they couldn't play Philly again, eh?

Feel better?

I'm going to requote what you just wrote...try to understand what you said:

"...other than his league leading penalties (he false started even more than Flozell if you can believe it)..."

:doh:

Columbo should never of been playing in that game, he was no where near recovered from his broken tibia, but Dallas was given no choice but to leave him out there after Free had to replace Flozell and everything cascaded from there against the best pass rush in the NFL last year.

As for Barron, pay attention to the rest of it. He's a talented young BACKUP with starter experience.

You also keep pointing at Philly, as if the Cowboys didn't win 9 non-eagles games as well.

With all the crap the 'Skins get about being "offseason champs" it is funny cause the Cowboys must be the "picked to be in the Superbowl before the season starts" champs of the last five years or so.

To me, for Dallas it comes down to locking up homefield advantage in the playoffs. Something about their style of offense doesn't seem to translate into winning on the road in the playoffs. Especially if they end up somewhere outside in bad weather. However at home, in their comfort zone, I think they can get the job done. So lets hope that a team like the Packers or Vikings(or 'Skins *wink wink*) wrap up home-field advantage.

Also, I think Dallas's secondary would be in deep trouble against a team like Minnesota in the playoffs, too many weapons for them to handle.

However who knows. Dallas is going to rack up a lot of regular season wins. They are just that kind of team that can get it done against most teams from week to week. As much as it pains me to say it, unless something big and unforeseen happens like injuries or just overall underachievement happens in Big D, they will be in the playoffs, and then it is just a matter of if the chips fall in their favor or not.

Also,I would question Tony Romo sits to pee's "leadership skills" He can make some throws, but he doesn't come off as a leader to me.

It's not that I enjoy praising the Cowboys, but to deny the obvious right now, which is that they are easily the NFC East favorites, looking at another 10+ win season etc etc....would make watching their progress during the regular season that much more hard to handle. If I can just deal with the fact now that I am going to have to watch them beat the tar out of some teams then it might soften the blow a little once the season starts.

As big of a Skins fan I am, I still am an NFL fan as well, and try to look at things with some objectivity.

:wants to puke:

And now to educate the clueless with FACTS. Fact one.....Doug Free took over at RIGHT tackle for an injured Mark Colombo. All Free did was go out and impress the heck out of everyone. Free allowed a grand total of ONE sack in his seven starts on the right side. ONE. With very few pressures. In addition to this Free provided EXCELLENT run blocking because he is ultra mobile and athletic for a man his size. This is why he was known as The freak in college. Freakish athleticism . Here is a sample of some of that athleticism at work.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKuadD07SBg

In addition to this, after entering the Viking game as a left tackle, Free allowed a grand total of ZERO sacks , None, Nada, Jared Allen included.

It might be good for some of you to actually, you know,....KNOW at least a little bit of what you are talking about before putting finger to keypad.:D

Free is 6-6 325, with the athleticism of a man half his size. You know, MAYBE if the skins would have put a little time into scouting and drafting players like Free, they wouldnt have been subjected to having to watch J.C crawl off the carpet every other play. Well, I guess it wouldnt have mattered THAT MUCH with Jason, that guy was a deer in the headlight SLOW to read the D , slow release joke of a Q.B in the 1st place. But.....you get my drift.

Lastly, and im willing to bet on this one,...Pssssssstttt, you listening TR1? Speaking of offensive lines, Im willing to bet that the Dallas Cowboys D lays a beating on Mcflabb like you cant believe, right away, first game. Now, I dont mean just that Dallas wins the game, thats a given,....I mean a good old fashioned, physical BEATDOWN on Mcflabbs body. That kind of a beatdown. Similar to the three beatdowns the Cowboys put on him last year....But worse. Any takers? Mcflabby.......Ratliff, Ware, Spencer, Butler, Hatcher, and Igor,...........are coming for YOU. GOOD LUCK. ;)

You also keep pointing at Philly, as if the Cowboys didn't win 9 non-eagles games as well.

Well, you're right. They beat our haplessly coached team and injury-riddled Giants team. Oh, and then there was KC, the Raiders and oh, and the Bucs.

Really special.

:rolleyes:

Dallas had the easiest non conference games in the league last year so whatever, I'm faaar from being convinced. Lets see how they do this year now that they have a tough schedule..

Negatives

O-line soft

LB's soft

DB's soft

Romo sits to pee is only interested in being a professional golfer

Austin was a one hit wonder and will not have the same type of year

Coach is soft

Positives

Strong backfield

decent TE

strong d-line

Do you actually read what you post? I thought you were DOTS for a second, but nope you're not, just a steretypical cowturd fan. Alex Barron is terrible, TERRIBLE, capitalized just to make sure you didn't skip over it. For you to actually type out that he is excellent depth on the line (and BTW saying he is excellent depth on either side is wrong, he's not playing dline only oline) just shows you have your homer glasses on. Alex Barron was the tackle for the league worst St. Louis Rams, the very worst. They traded him to you for Bobby Carpenter, and now you are telling me how great a player he is? Please putt down the kool-aid and go to bed.

Lastly, and im willing to bet on this one,...Pssssssstttt, you listening TR1? Speaking of offensive lines, Im willing to bet that the Dallas Cowboys D lays a beating on Mcflabb like you cant believe, right away, first game. Now, I dont mean just that Dallas wins the game, thats a given,....I mean a good old fashioned, physical BEATDOWN on Mcflabbs body. That kind of a beatdown. Similar to the three beatdowns the Cowboys put on him last year....But worse. Any takers? Mcflabby.......Ratliff, Ware, Spencer, Butler, Hatcher, and Igor,...........are coming for YOU. GOOD LUCK. ;)

Who? I hope your crow tastes good, but let's be realistic, you won't be here when you're wrong anyways. Must feel good to be a troll.

Well, you're right. They beat our haplessly coached team and injury-riddled Giants team. Oh, and then there was KC, the Raiders and oh, and the Bucs.

Really special.

:rolleyes:

Except you completely fail to know what you're talking about, I'd think you'd of been much more desiring to jump all over the Cowboys for losing to the Giants twice.

The Cowboys won the games they were supposed to, were competitive in all of them, and were the first team to beat the eventual superbowl champions.

Dallas is a very good and balanced team right now, maybe you should take a lesson from NoCalMike and accept that fact

Do you actually read what you post? I thought you were DOTS for a second, but nope you're not, just a steretypical cowturd fan. Alex Barron is terrible, TERRIBLE, capitalized just to make sure you didn't skip over it. For you to actually type out that he is excellent depth on the line (and BTW saying he is excellent depth on either side is wrong, he's not playing dline only oline) just shows you have your homer glasses on. Alex Barron was the tackle for the league worst St. Louis Rams, the very worst. They traded him to you for Bobby Carpenter, and now you are telling me how great a player he is? Please putt down the kool-aid and go to bed.

Alex Barron allowed fewer sacks and qb pressures than Flozell did last year, and graded out as a better run blocker, and now he's the backup on either side...Left Tackle or Right Tackle. I'm not saying he's a great player, I'm saying that he's quality depth.

Dallas's o-line is far from great but it should be better than last year when the Cowboys were still successful.

Except you completely fail to know what you're talking about, I'd think you'd of been much more desiring to jump all over the Cowboys for losing to the Giants twice.

The Cowboys won the games they were supposed to, were competitive in all of them, and were the first team to beat the eventual superbowl champions.

Dallas is a very good and balanced team right now, maybe you should take a lesson from NoCalMike and accept that fact

Fail point.

The Redskins were a "WTF just happened?!" play from beating them by double digits before Dallas beat them. The Saints were not invincible.

Fail point.

The Redskins were a "WTF just happened?!" play from beating them by double digits before Dallas beat them. The Saints were not invincible.

REAlly, because the stats showed in the first game the Skins didnt breach the red zone? I could be wrong, but im sure those were the exact words from the sportcasters.

Didnt the second one you need some help from the refs to set up a missed FG?

Aside from the Bucs and Panthers, which i dont think exclusively beat them, but could have, I think Dallas showed the NFL the Siants werent all they were cracked up to be, but if that was the case, how did the Vikes and Colts not do it.

Can we say Ex Cowboy Matt Moore did beat the Saints? That would be great to see anything Dallas related was the Saints bane, but i highly doubt it.

REAlly, because the stats showed in the first game the Skins didnt breach the red zone? I could be wrong, but im sure those were the exact words from the sportcasters.

Didnt the second one you need some help from the refs to set up a missed FG?

Did you see another team beat the Saints? Just curious?

The fact of the matter is that the Saints beat the Vikings and the Vikings beat the Cowboys. Arguing the fact that the Cowboys beat the eventual Super Bowl champs is just stupid.

Archived