Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Posted on Devin11's FB Wall, got PERFECT response!!!

Teller

I've been a fan of Devin Thomas before he ever became a Washington Redskin, and below is just a small part of the reason why. I tried to get across in the limited character-count on Facebook some of the sentiments of myself, and my fellow Redskin fans.

Below is my post, and his response:

ME:

Devin11, I want to get something out there, and I hope you take it to heart. Man, Redskin fans aren't like anyone else. We aren't just fans, we're maniacal, crazy and immensely proud, no matter what the W-L record is. We live for this team. And we care about you guys personally, and individually, like you're members of our family.

But man, we are DYING for a return to the glory days. The days when our team took the field, and our opponent KNEW we were gonna whip that ass. You guys can do this. You can give us our team back. And you, Devin Thomas, can be one of those guys that goes down in history like Art Monk, Gary Clark, and Ricky Sanders. Do this **** man. Do it. Be it. You make it happen, and this city will love you forever....more than we already do. Good luck and good health, my man. Shred those DBs.

#11:

that's the realist thing i have heard from a fan Jason and i can promise you with all my heart that it is my goal and mindset be everything and more for this team. Blood, sweat, and tears. I feel the pain that Redskin Nation has been feeling for the countless years now and im gonna do everything in my power to be a key component to the success of this franchise. This city is my birthplace of my career and my home, i don't plan on leaving but i do plan on bringing joy back to this historic franchise. I couldn't express it any better bro! -#11-

And I heard it first!... Just wanted to throw that in there!... :silly:

Yes you did.

I'll let others make the determination whether that was divine intervention, or just dumb luck. :ols:

Seriously though, THIS is what I want to hear from players. Kid answered 3 minutes after my post, and said that. He wasn't sitting there thinking, "I'm about the Benjamins, but how do I make it sound like I care?"

This guy understands us. This guy FEELS what we've been going through for most of the last two decades. And he's determined to bust his ass to do something about it.

I loved the kid before, but man. It's not possible to come up with a better response to my post. (Let alone taking the time to answer in the first place!!!)

HTTR. HTDT.

i dunno bout a devin11 page. i am a friend on the devin thomas page and yeah man he is a kool dude. he has responded to me a couple of times and is very active. so is phillip daniels for that matter.

Devin11 is what I like to call him. The actual page is "Devin Thomas."

I was a friend on Daniels' page too, before he set up his fan page. And of course, I'm FB friends with Reed Doughty too. :)

Man I felt the message he brought... I can't even imagine how you feel giving the fact that comment was mint for your eye's and was directed cause of your question. Like I said be for am Jealous!

It's freaking awesome, man. He used my name, AND called me "bro." We're practically boys. :pfft: :ols:

I really believe in this guy!... DT really started to get better at the end of the season last year. I bet he blow up this season!.. :point2sky

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIzrVZYKG0&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIzrVZYKG0&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOL5hK66Blc&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOL5hK66Blc&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

3mMaKi2tE5E

Well the good thing for Devon and us is that if there is one QB that has consistently been able to hit the deep ball it's Mc5. Like of all the no name WRs that caught deep balls from him and were making sportscenter. Same with Moss. I hope to see no more of him streaking down the sideline wide open but our QB had no time to throw, ran past him on his progression, etc. He is set up to have a solid year, does he step up is the quesiton mark?

*edit* It was pretty cool of him to respond to you like that and rather quickly. The little things in life right.

Devin11 is what I like to call him. The actual page is "Devin Thomas."

I was a friend on Daniels' page too, before he set up his fan page. And of course, I'm FB friends with Reed Doughty too. :)

ahhh man you didnt make the PD cut? he said when he did it that some would have to go to the fan page.....

neener neener neener,,,,,,, im still on his personal page !!!

i didnt know reed had a page..... guess ill have to find that one.

One thing gets me . In the clips that JustAFan posted in the Denver clip the play call was just horrible . Although 26 i think (the DB on thomas) starts backing up by the time the ball is in Thomas's hands he is just about to get tackled for a loss on 3rd and 3 (the first tackle he brushes aside).

The other point on that is had he realized it was Bailey ahead of him I am sure could have just kept on trucking into the endzone ... :)

Big fan of DT he should join ES...does anyone remember his rookie year vs ARZ when he caught that deep 60 yrd TD but was called for offensive pass interference? I hate to play what if but man what if that play stands. DT needs a big play like that to jump start his season and I hope Mc5 can deliver it. HTTR

Archived