Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb is a workout warrior

kellydude

You know, I used to hate McNabb when he was a Eagle, but I'm really warming up to the guy. After watching that, one thing really stood out to me which JC never was able to grasp: it was the part where McNabb was saying, "I'm gonna throw it to a spot, whether you're out of your break or not...I'm not throwing it to/at you"... GOD I've waited YEARS to see JC do that... and he never did. It will be nice to see the ball in the air BEFORE the receiver makes his break this year... I think it will really help our underachieving WR's this year.

The season can't start soon enough!!!!

"I'm not throwing at you, I'm throwing to a spot"

HALLELUJAH! That is certainly going to be nice to see.

What QB did we have that threw the ball at the receiver?

Brunell would throw it to the sideline. That was his "spot".

Campbell threw it everywhere - on target, behind, too low, too high...

I love the fact i wear my mcnugget jersey around philly and people get in my face about it. This will be an awesome season!!!!

Thank God the Phils are actually playing better and holding me off until the NFL season, cause man i can't wait until i walk into the Linc with my Burgandy McNabb jersey...As long as no batteries are thrown at me, it will be awesome!

You know, I used to hate McNabb when he was a Eagle, but I'm really warming up to the guy. After watching that, one thing really stood out to me which JC never was able to grasp: it was the part where McNabb was saying, "I'm gonna throw it to a spot, whether you're out of your break or not...I'm not throwing it to/at you"... GOD I've waited YEARS to see JC do that... and he never did. It will be nice to see the ball in the air BEFORE the receiver makes his break this year... I think it will really help our underachieving WR's this year.

Most of the reason we hated him, was because he used to torch our secondary! I felt bad for him during the TO fiasco. The whole Eagles organization for that matter.

Campbell threw it everywhere - on target, behind, too low, too high...

I think that some of Campbell's accuracy problems came from not "throwing it to a spot." Instead of staying ahead of the defense, he had to needle balls in and make mistakes because he didn't anticipate well enough.

When you're in the league 10+ years performing at a high level, it's not by mistake. I never worry about guys like McNabb taking care of business in the offseason. Love the players who can stick around you DON'T hear about. You know they are putting in work.

The problem is, I dont think our receivers are usually in the spots they're supposed to be in...

The problem is, I dont think our receivers are usually in the spots they're supposed to be in...

I dunno. I saw a lot of guys open downfield at the games I went to last year. Campbell just wasn't hitting them, either because he was on his back or because he was locked in on a guy who was covered.

I dunno. I saw a lot of guys open downfield at the games I went to last year. Campbell just wasn't hitting them, either because he was on his back or because he was locked in on a guy who was covered.

OR the ball just wasn't on target.I can't count the number of times I've seen Moss running down the sideline behind the defender, only to watch the ball sail out of bounds 10 yards over his head. Hopefully DM can make Moss look like that dummy Jackson did last year.

OR the ball just wasn't on target.I can't count the number of times I've seen Moss running down the sideline behind the defender, only to watch the ball sail out of bounds 10 yards over his head. Hopefully DM can make Moss look like that dummy Jackson did last year.
Totally agree, Moss could of had some great numbers if JC could have hit him in stride. We left many points on the field last year, that's another reason this team could end up being much better then people anticipate.

Archived