Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you bring back Bailey if the Bronco's don't extend contract

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What all went down when Champ was traded? I knew that he made it known that he did not want to be in DC...

If memory serves me affair and threat of divorce and ultimatums if he stayed in DC. Given the size his contracts were/are Denver looked quite nice to Champ.

we are still looking for a shut down corner. Chmap's best days are behind him, but he is still one of the best corner backs in the game. His int's are down, but I feel that is because teams don't throw his way that much. Bailey plays hurt, can tackle, and blitz. We can move him to FS like some one suggested. Imagine the secondary of Hall, Rogers, Buchanan, Bailey, and Landry. Add defense designed to put pressure on the QB, cans someone say turn overs?

No. I've cheered against the guy since he slammed the organization, primadonna style, before leaving DC (which I think was his way of trying to cover up the fact that he wasn't "allowed" to stay in DC, rather than say, "Sorry my wife won't let me play with you anymore" and look like he doesn't wear the pants).

If the price is right, which I doubt it will be, for sure. Doubt he would sign with us though. Dont understand why everyone on here is clowning on him. He might not be as good as he was, but hes still a top tier CB and better than any CB currently on our roster.

Yes, I can dust off his jersey and get some more wear out of it. But only if it is for a fair price. Hell, we brought Smoot back and everyone was happy and Champ right now is a lot better than the Smoot we brought back from Minny.

Doubt it will happen though.

nope. Not interested.

He's talented and all....but he's a small game CB. Seems that he was really great against lesser teams early in the year. Then when Denver is hosting a playoff game, Champ gives up a TD or 2 to the 3rd WR on Pittsburgh.

2005 divisional playoffs Pats vs Broncos...The Patriots faced a third down and goal at the 5-yard line, trailing 10-6, guess who picks it off and takes it all the way to the other 1 yard line, which leads to a score and the the turning point of the game?

2005 divisional playoffs Pats vs Broncos...The Patriots faced a third down and goal at the 5-yard line, trailing 10-6, guess who picks it off and takes it all the way to the other 1 yard line, which leads to a score and the the turning point of the game?

The play where he got chased down and blown up by the TE Ben Watson despite 2 blockers and nearly gae the ball back to the Pats on a touchback due to his showboating for the last 20 yards?

I was listening to the radio, a few weeks back, when someone (Schefter?) mentioned possibly seeing a "new, old face" in the defensive backfield. Although I wondered if he was talking about Champ, he didnt say who he was referring to. At the time, he was saying this could happen soon, though, which wouldnt make much sense.

Did anyone else hear this?

Smoot has been rumored to have been in contact w the Skins of late.

Bailey is an interesting thought, I imagine the Broncos will probably not choose to extend him and the Shanahan connection will most likely be floated around when he hits the market, I would bring Champ back on 2-3 year deal, assuming he was cool with returning I am sure he would receive an huge ovation if we got to see him make one more go at it and retire a Skin.

PORTIS FOR BAILEY STRAIGHT UP, YO!

Haha, just kidding. Honestly, when it comes to Bailey I would let our coaches determine what he has left in the tank. No doubt over his career he displayed skills as good as any corner we have, but that was also several years ago.

Archived