Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you bring back Bailey if the Bronco's don't extend contract

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

PORTIS FOR BAILEY STRAIGHT UP, YO!

Haha, just kidding. Honestly, when it comes to Bailey I would let our coaches determine what he has left in the tank. No doubt over his career he displayed skills as good as any corner we have, but that was also several years ago.

The play where he got chased down and blown up by the TE Ben Watson despite 2 blockers and nearly gae the ball back to the Pats on a touchback due to his showboating for the last 20 yards?

Well yes he did get blown up, but no there were not 2 blockers, both players outran all blocking, and no there was no showboating, dude got tired after running 110 yards.

Go watch the play.

SMH as using that play as a negative on the dude, some people just gotta hate.

I felt Champ should have stept up as one of our leaders after Joe Gibbs took the job...instead...Champ wanted out...I for one...was very disapointed...Joe is a class act and granted him his wish...I for one would only like to see Champ rejoin if it meant taking a huge pay cut (wants to be on our team to be a part of a winner) otherwise...he wanted out ...keep him out!!

So I can't help but notice a distinct lack of a "no" option in the poll...

I tried to add but couldn't get to the poll question. I'm not a big poller.

But most have voiced NO!!!

But Champ (when he was tutored by Darrell) seemed to be a team player. The last couple years (of not winning??) took a turn.

I like the guy cause he sticks his head in there and hits...I'd take him NOW as a corner and a FS for sure. JUST "depends" on the $$

Well yes he did get blown up, but no there were not 2 blockers, both players outran all blocking, and no there was no showboating, dude got tired after running 110 yards.

Go watch the play.

SMH as using that play as a negative on the dude, some people just gotta hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74qajrx4b4&feature=related

heres the play. he slowed up and was starting to celebrate. check out the last few seconds of the video. and he did have blockers. he should have stayed with them instead of outrunning them.

i dont really care for bailey. this isnt quite to the level of leon lett. lots of players - especially those who are as fast of bailey- may slow up an d start to celebrate a tad early. but he could have and should have scored.

btw- sshhhhh......dont tell anyone, but when he was healthy, springs was better while he was here than bailey was both here and in denver. an unpopular, but true fact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n74qajrx4b4&feature=related

heres the play. he slowed up and was starting to celebrate. check out the last few seconds of the video. and he did have blockers. he should have stayed with them instead of outrunning them.

i dont really care for bailey. this isnt quite to the level of leon lett. lots of players - especially those who are as fast of bailey- may slow up an d start to celebrate a tad early. but he could have and should have scored.

Hard to fault him on that play for outrunning his slow-*** blockers. I have a bigger problem with #25. He missed Watson, then slowed up to block a trailing guy who had no chance of catching Bailey, when he probably could have cut off Watson. Possible that's what Bailey expected him to do. Either way not even close to Leon Lett

btw- sshhhhh......dont tell anyone, but when he was healthy, springs was better while he was here than bailey was both here and in denver. an unpopular, but true fact.

Best 10 minutes of his career, lol

j/k of course. Springs was awesome when healthy. But he's gone now. Do you think we have two CBs on our roster right now better than Bailey is right now?

He's still much better than Hall.

Hall 13 games 58 Tackles 9 PD 4 INTs/114 yds

Chump 16 games 74 Tackles 15 PD 3 INTs/18 yds

Much better? :ols:

Soooo...Extend Hall out to 16 games...

71 Tackles 11 PD 5 INTs/142.5 yds

Just the facts, man.

Although I would vote 'NO' if that option was available - Baileys numbers definitely put him well up and beyond #3. Bucky? 4 PD & 0 INTs - same number of INTs as the rest of the CBs on the roster combined.

This secondary does not scare anybody.

And Chumps Mommy does not him play with the big boys anymore anyway.

Hall 13 games 58 Tackles 9 PD 4 INTs/114 yds

Chump 16 games 74 Tackles 15 PD 3 INTs/18 yds

Much better? :ols:

Soooo...Extend Hall out to 16 games...

71 Tackles 11 PD 5 INTs/142.5 yds

Just the facts, man.

Although I would vote 'NO' if that option was available - Baileys numbers definitely put him well up and beyond #3. Bucky? 4 PD & 0 INTs - same number of INTs as the rest of the CBs on the roster combined.

This secondary does not scare anybody.

And Chumps Mommy does not him play with the big boys anymore anyway.

Number of passes defended and ints mean nothing without knowing how many times they were targeted.

Like you said, our secondary doesn't scare anyone. Bailey still does, even if it's partly based on rep. But remember Broncos/Dallass last year? Romo sits to pee tested Bailey twice at the end of the game deep in Den territory and needing a TD, and Champ secured the win

I doubt he comes back anyway didn't he have problems becuase of the area?

I remember reading about a female sports writer that he was fond of..

Champs significant other said it's me or DC. I believe that is why he left in the first place..

could be wrong but i remember something like that when he was leaving

Number of passes defended and ints mean nothing without knowing how many times they were targeted.

Like you said, our secondary doesn't scare anyone. Bailey still does, even if it's partly based on rep. But remember Broncos/Dallass last year? Romo sits to pee tested Bailey twice at the end of the game deep in Den territory and needing a TD, and Champ secured the win

My points were

a> that Bailey is not 'Much Better' than Hall...They are probably about the same.

b> as you acknowledged, this secondary is in need of some help. I really cannot picture a pretty outcome versus a team with a three or four WR set.

Carlos has stone hands but he can defend - of course he gets tested more often than D Hall so I guess you have to admit Hall made the best of his opportunities. And Bailey got tested a lot because he was known to be beatable. Except for a play or two in one game that some people think is his third coming.

No. I've cheered against the guy since he slammed the organization, primadonna style, before leaving DC (which I think was his way of trying to cover up the fact that he wasn't "allowed" to stay in DC, rather than say, "Sorry my wife won't let me play with you anymore" and look like he doesn't wear the pants).
I would also vote no (if that option existed:confused:). But, I definitely wouldn't shoot the idea down for the reason that you gave.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but in your quote you tried to make it look like Bailey is hen pecked or something. Yet, you are being so sensitive about something Bailey said about the organization to the point to where you actually cheer against him.

I personally don't remember Bailey being a big talker then or now. Who cares what he said 7 years ago? I wouldn't want to bring in a 33 year old CB for a hefty amount of money. And I'm usually never hung up on the age issue. But a 33 year old CB? Naaah.

no, though if i had been owner i would have given him at least 30mil guarenteed reasons to stay.He has never looked as good in denver as he did here no why is that ? but not for top notch money no way.I would rather try and trade Rogers for Ashumaga.I heard on the Nfl network some time ago that he available but not many would be interrested at his salary.With that trade and Allens ability with contracts it might work.That i would be interested in.

My points were

a> that Bailey is not 'Much Better' than Hall...They are probably about the same.

b> as you acknowledged, this secondary is in need of some help. I really cannot picture a pretty outcome versus a team with a three or four WR set.

Carlos has stone hands but he can defend - of course he gets tested more often than D Hall so I guess you have to admit Hall made the best of his opportunities. And Bailey got tested a lot because he was known to be beatable. Except for a play or two in one game that some people think is his third coming.

No, Bliz is right--CB's numbers often mean almost nothing without knowing how often they were targeted, seeing game film, etc.

You gave these stats:

Champ 74 Tackles 15 PD 3 INTs/18 yds

D. Hall (estimated full-seasons stats)71 Tackles 11 PD 5 INTs/142.5 yds

Compare:

Nnamdi Asomugha: 34 tackles 4 PD 1 INT/0 yards

And yes he played all 16 games. He's easily in the top 3 CB's in the league and his numbers are lower than both Champ's and D.Hall's all around.

Champ would play and contribute instantly if we signed him this summer. If he was available now, I'd be all for signing him to a 2-year deal. But after this season I'm hoping we'll be done with the trend of signing old vets to short deals to plug holes, and instead start replacing those guys with draftees. So no, I don't want to sign him next season, for solely that reason. But things could change...

Funny that you only had two answers....

Yes and only if he's still dominant. lol. Where is the No? or did you not want to hear that?

Remember Sean Springs was getting old and the team was wanting to use him at Safety to keep him from having to keep up with the dominant WR's. Well if he's even brought here I could see the same thing being done with him.

Archived