Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Steve Jobs has a "little problem" with the new I-phone 4

rdsknbill

Who are ES' Quarterbacks?  

456 members have voted

1. 1. Who are ES' Quarterbacks?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/20100607/tc_ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2445_1

Apple's chief exec and irreplaceable master of ceremonies has few if any equals when it comes to wowing audiences during product demos, but even Steve Jobs's famous reality-distortion field couldn't protect him from an embarrassing Wi-Fi snafu during the big WWDC keynote Monday.

Link for the rest. The video is HILARIOUS!

Apparently that venue is known for this type of problem. Others have had similar problems.

Of course, we should never pass up the chance to note that AT&T sucks. Which is why the "Verizon" comment resonated.

This illustrates the issue with the iPhone on AT&T. I just returned from vacation in the San Fran area, and there are ads everywhere for the iPad. And there were gentle nudging urging iPhone users to use wifi instead of AT&T's network. So to imply that AT&T isn't having issues with their network because Jobs is trying to connect via wifi is like distracting the passengers from the sinking ship by firing off fireworks. Ignore the problem, look at what I can I can do with my new shiny toy unless you live in SanFran or NYC, when you might not be able to use your new toy cause too many people also have your toy and are eating up the network. So much so that AT&T is starting to slap higher charges to "bandwidth hogs", something that is not defined. But 60% of all iPhone users will see their costs drop, unless you want to watch video or streaming TV....

I don;t think you are getting the point. At one point the phone was trying to connect through a cellular connection

Its been covered, it was connected to WIFI, not at&t... They had wifi issues, and as noted, its been a problem in the past in that building.

But, far be it from me to stand in the way of anyone wanting to bash Apple, AT&T or both...:saber:

As I said in the WWDC thread and various other phone threads, AT&T has a much faster network than Verizon. For the life of me I do not know why people are so insistent that Verizon needs to carry the iPhone. If Verizon had the iPhone, you would have slower data speeds and will not be able to use both voice and data networks simultaneously. Granted, you may have fewer dropped calls, but with the network getting obliterated by just as many users, I would think Verizon's network would suffer like AT&T's.

As I said in the WWDC thread and various other phone threads, AT&T has a much faster network than AT&T. For the life of me I do not know why people are so insistent that Verizon needs to carry the iPhone. If Verizon had the iPhone, you would have slower data speeds and will not be able to use both voice and data networks simultaneously. Granted, you may have fewer dropped calls, but with the network getting obliterated by just as many users, I would think Verizon's network would suffer like AT&T's.

Quoted for Truth...

As I said in the WWDC thread and various other phone threads, AT&T has a much faster network than AT&T. For the life of me I do not know why people are so insistent that Verizon needs to carry the iPhone. If Verizon had the iPhone, you would have slower data speeds and will not be able to use both voice and data networks simultaneously. Granted, you may have fewer dropped calls, but with the network getting obliterated by just as many users, I would think Verizon's network would suffer like AT&T's.

For the love of God, I hope they never bring the iPhone to Verizon.

I'm perfectly fine with my incredible and data speeds the way they are

Why don't you do a little research into the footprint of the networks? The reason Verizon's 3G network literally dwarfs AT&T is because there is an enormous infrastructure difference. More devices means more bandwidth. 10 users using 5 network devices on AT&T does not equate to 10 users using 10 network devices on VzW. If VzW had the exact same number of network devices, then yes, VzW would run into the same issue AT&T has. But since that isn't the case, and since VzW has a more diverse smart phone lineup, this issue will be mostly mitigated.

I have AT&T and most times my service is awful. I have 1 bar for 3G half the damn time even when I'm in the open and my calls get dropped more than they should. The only reason I like it is because of the phones they carry and because I'm on the family plan (super cheap). But yea Verizon does have better service, no doubt about that.

Archived