Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Haynesworth Today at CLT

Monk4theHall81

To me, Haynesworth comes across like he's a fairly nice, relaxed guy, but really only when he's around those in his "inner circle." And he's selective about who gets in his inner circle, and if you're not in, you're not getting him to talk.

So I think he's social, he just doesn't care for media games of any kind.

Doesn't change my opinion that he should have made an effort to be here at least for the minicamps to get his feet wet with this system. Clearly, if he's in an airport he isn't so intensely training that he can't ever leave his "workout program and regime" That said, it's good to hear he is being conscientious and working hard to get himself in shape.

Just keep in mind guys that Haynesworth got what he wanted. One of the reasons he came to is DC because he wanted to be in a big media market with a rabid fanbase. All the speculation and rumors and whatnot are part of it, and when he's acts the way he's acting, this is what happened. I hope he ends up coming back in shape and ready to go without complaints about how things went in his absence.

Just keep in mind guys that Haynesworth got what he wanted. One of the reasons he came to is DC because he wanted to be in a big media market with a rabid fanbase. All the speculation and rumors and whatnot are part of it, and when he's acts the way he's acting, this is what happened. I hope he ends up coming back in shape and ready to go without complaints about how things went in his absence.

Well that goes without saying, doesn't it?

When has he complained thus far?

What is wrong with how he's acting?

I'm wondering why he said that ? Doesn't make much sense, whether you tell the whole story or you don't make any comment.

C'mon MAN. He was in an airport approached by a fan, did you expect him to break down and start crying spilling his guts for hours? :mad:

He was basically agreeing with what the OP said, and I commend the OP for not over-the-top fandom and becoming a pain in his butt. The OP made a comment and he said, "Man you don't know the half of it". That to me acknowledges that the media is indeed harrassing Haynesworth with this non-story. It sounds though, if the OP is telling the truth, that AH is in shape. Is that not good enough at this point?

I really don't see where you coming from.

Doesn't change my opinion that he should have made an effort to be here at least for the minicamps to get his feet wet with this system. Clearly, if he's in an airport he isn't so intensely training that he can't ever leave his "workout program and regime" That said, it's good to hear he is being conscientious and working hard to get himself in shape.

And again, I am sure that when Andre Carter and London Fletcher were absent from learning a new system, you had the same opinion? Or is it just because AH has the contract over his head? This is the first offseason that London has participated in since he has been here.

....He was basically agreeing with what the OP said, and I commend the OP for not over-the-top fandom and becoming a pain in his butt. The OP made a comment and he said, "Man you don't know the half of it". That to me acknowledges that the media is indeed harrassing Haynesworth with this non-story. It sounds though, if the OP is telling the truth, that AH is in shape. Is that not good enough at this point?....

That's true, what else would he say to a fan? It's not like we've heard anything new on this in months. The story has not changed, and absolutely nothing has happenned, yet the media continues to put stories about it out there like they're new. I'm annoyed with it, I can only imagine how AH and Shanahan feel.

From the sounds of it, if he's really lost that much weight, I'm wondering if he isn't trying to force the team to play him at DE, which I actually have no problem with. If he really wants to play DE as bad as it sounded in that Sirius interview, then it would make sense that he'd stay away and work out like crazy to lose the weight and drop to a better size for DE and a worse size for DT.

I'm in the "he SHOULD be there" camp, but if he's got his heart set on DE, it would make sense why he ran away as early as he did and isn't coming back until he's ready to say, "see, I'm just a little skinny muscular guy that can't play DT anymore cause I'm too light."

And again, I am sure that when Andre Carter and London Fletcher were absent from learning a new system, you had the same opinion? Or is it just because AH has the contract over his head? This is the first offseason that London has participated in since he has been here.

no, the difference between AC and Fletch is that they have established themselves as character guys. So they've EARNED the benefit of the doubt. In Big Al's case, he has always shown himself to have bad character issues, on and off the field. And with a person like that, its difficult to trust him. I don't care if he's making minimum salary. Point is that he's being counted on to be there, with a new staff, new teammates, and a new scheme. This would be the perfect opportunity to prove that the past is the past, rather he decides to do his own thing. Ok fine, lets just hope if he does stay on the team, that he has at least held up to what he promised, and that he will report in the best shape of his career.

no, the difference between AC and Fletch is that they have established themselves as character guys. So they've EARNED the benefit of the doubt. In Big Al's case, he has always shown himself to have bad character issues, on and off the field. And with a person like that, its difficult to trust him. I don't care if he's making minimum salary. Point is that he's being counted on to be there, with a new staff, new teammates, and a new scheme. This would be the perfect opportunity to prove that the past is the past, rather he decides to do his own thing. Ok fine, lets just hope if he does stay on the team, that he has at least held up to what he promised, and that he will report in the best shape of his career.

Fletcher is the undisputed "leader" of this defense. From a big name FA standpoint, from a performance standpoint, from a position standpoint, and a locker room standpoint. This certainly was the case in every area until Haynesworth showed up (FA standpoint). However Albert has made it clear since day 1 he is not here to be a vocal locker room guy, thats not his style. He does not want to be the leader, and he never let the Skins believe otherwise.

For you to say that Fletcher "earned" the right to not be there when, from a defensive standpoint, he is probably the most important person to attend...well its just ridiculous and shows your flair for the dramatic just like the mediots out there blowing this up.

You cant have both sides of the coin dude. Its one or the other.

I am so freaking excited, you should have snapped a picture with your phone damn it...

Exactly what I was going to say...

WTF, no picture? Hell just ask to have some take a picture with the you next to him with a phone. lol. Then we all could see the progress he's made.

Well, according to the CBA you are not permitted to "count on" any player during voluntary portions of the offseason schedule. Until we get to mandatory training, this is all BS stirred up by the media. Sure, the other players wish he was here, but that all say they will welcome him with open arms come mandatory training. Same with Landry, who has been absent recently, yet no media blowing up that we trying to trade him. Hmmm, wonder why that is?

Archived