Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Haynesworth Today at CLT

Monk4theHall81

I don't think that it's that comparable. We're switching to a whole new defense this year. Still, he should have been there.

He will take part in mandatory practices and learn to run after the QBs or Stop the RUN which he doesn't know already... Common voluntary is voluntary... and for a guy so strong and so much talent OTAs doesn't mean much....

Well, first, you have to play the game (of life, not football). Haynesworth isn't. If you know that this is all being said about you, and you're doing/saying nothing to counter it, then that's just stupid.

I am really not worried about his personal life and even if he will counter the claim haters will always be haters... he will back it up with his action.

I do, however, believe that every player should be there at least for the OTAs and camps if not the whole thing. Workouts? Be there, but if you're not, then whatever. If you're not there for actual coaching and scheme lessons, then you're an ass. I don't care if your number is on its way to being retired or not.

There are plenty of senior guys including Brady, Fletcher, Manning have not taken part in OTAs in the past... Are they all asses?

Also, why does Haynesworth go from being a horrible person for nearly blinding a man to someone who seems pretty cool and like a good guy? Sure, I understand that he made a mistake, but other people have done dumb things too, are in jail, and I don't see anyone on here trying to validate them.

He might be a horrible person, but people learn from their mistakes... let's hope he will change for good.

Props to the TC for telling Haynesworth how some fans feel. I hate that our voice doesn't really get out when we seem to be more grounded and level headed than the agenda-driven media. Proof that we have the best fans in the world, and I wish more of the people on here weren't so blinded by the opinions of reporters that have nothing to base it them off of.

GO SKINS

The most important thing AH is missing is bonding time with the new staff and his teammates. For any veteran, little league to pro, learning when to stunt or how to recognize trap blocks isn't that hard. Nose tackles disrupt, defensive ends contain the play....

Offensive schemes are much more study intensive than the D

You read my mind... The guy knows WHAT to do, he is just missing out on the whole "team" aspect.. Put it this way though if he plays in "Titan" form i am very very happy! (and so will all of you guys)

Also, why does Haynesworth go from being a horrible person for nearly blinding a man to someone who seems pretty cool and like a good guy? Sure, I understand that he made a mistake, but other people have done dumb things too, are in jail, and I don't see anyone on here trying to validate them.
Haynesworth stomped on a guys head. He didn't almost blind a guy, Gurode played the rest of the year. Horrible act, stupid, and he was punished for it. There is a WR playing right up the road that actually killed someone driving drunk. He is in the league. Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk. He is in the league. Ray Lewis was indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. He is in the league and celebrated as a good character guy. (I can continue listing players that have done far worse than stomping on a players face, including murder and rape) Do you really want to label Haynesworth as a horrible person?

He will take part in mandatory practices and learn to run after the QBs or Stop the RUN which he doesn't know already... Common voluntary is voluntary... and for a guy so strong and so much talent OTAs doesn't mean much....

Dude. The 3-4 and the 4-3 are not the same. While Haynesworth IS a big talent, others around him need to know what it's like to play around him. They all need to learn together. That's why there's 53 on a team, not just one.

I am really not worried about his personal life and even if he will counter the claim haters will always be haters... he will back it up with his action.

Players should be great people. I want kids to look up to them for the types of people that they are, not just numbers of tackles.

There are plenty of senior guys including Brady, Fletcher, Manning have not taken part in OTAs in the past... Are they all asses?

Yep. I'd even put Sean Taylor in there when he skipped OTAs, and I think that you might be able to tell how I feel about the man.

He might be a horrible person, but people learn from their mistakes... let's hope he will change for good.

I hope so, too.

Haynesworth stomped on a guys head. He didn't almost blind a guy, Gurode played the rest of the year. Horrible act, stupid, and he was punished for it. There is a WR playing right up the road that actually killed someone driving drunk. He is in the league. Leonard Little killed someone driving drunk. He is in the league. Ray Lewis was indicted on murder and aggravated assault charges. He is in the league and celebrated as a good character guy. (I can continue listing players that have done far worse than stomping on a players face, including murder and rape) Do you really want to label Haynesworth as a horrible person?

Did you see the video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo

He was inches from his eye. And yes, stomping with cleats will blind someone. Are you honestly going to defend that action and say that, "Oh, other people are worse, so Haynesworth isn't that bad?" Poor judgment of character there.

And yes, I feel that all of those people should be out of the league. And yes, all of those people are horrible people, some worse than others. People's actions are independent of others' actions and they should be judged case-by-case. Is a murder worse than that assault by Haynesworth? Sure. Does that make Haynesworth's act less atrocious? Absolutely not.

And to the idiots who are saying, "Oh, it's a Cowboy, who cares?" You're pathetic and embarrassments to our fanbase. Gurode is a person WAY before he's a Cowboy.

He was inches from his eye. And yes, stomping with cleats will blind someone. Are you honestly going to defend that action and say that, "Oh, other people are worse, so Haynesworth isn't that bad?" Poor judgment of character there.

And yes, I feel that all of those people should be out of the league. And yes, all of those people are horrible people, some worse than others. People's actions are independent of others' actions and they should be judged case-by-case. Is a murder worse than that assault by Haynesworth? Sure. Does that make Haynesworth's act less atrocious? Absolutely not.

And to the idiots who are saying, "Oh, it's a Cowboy, who cares?" You're pathetic and embarrassments to our fanbase. Gurode is a person WAY before he's a Cowboy.

Says the guy spouting off that a bunch of others are "horrible people". Easy to judge sitting behind the TV on the couch. Do you know what goes on in football piles? People HAVE lost eyes in football. Go meet some offensive/defensive linemen with no kneecaps and twisted fingers, I'm sorry but it's part of the game.

And Haynesworth was asked to appeal by the NFLPA and didn't because he said he deserved the punishment. Let it go, it seems everyone else has let it go, including the player that got stomped. You will blindly HATE the man because he is missing some freaking voluntary practices. Gimme a break.

Says the guy spouting off that a bunch of others are "horrible people". Easy to judge sitting behind the TV on the couch. Do you know what goes on in football piles? People HAVE lost eyes in football. Go meet some offensive/defensive linemen with no kneecaps and twisted fingers, I'm sorry but it's part of the game.

And Haynesworth was asked to appeal by the NFLPA and didn't because he said he deserved the punishment. Let it go, it seems everyone else has let it go, including the player that got stomped. You will blindly HATE the man because he is missing some freaking voluntary practices. Gimme a break.

Uh, yes, I'm sure that all of those were completely intentional injuies like the one in the video that you've apparently missed:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5nlEA8BUTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He kicks his helmet off prior to that shot and then stomps on his face.

Believe it or not, I don't hate Haynesworth. I think that he's a punk who shouldn't be on our team and should be in jail because a "lesser" man would've earned that charge. Because Gurode is a forgiving person means that Haynesworth isn't a prick? Please. John Paul II forgave the guy who shot him. Do you think that the guy who shot him still doesn't deserve SOME scorn?

You're killing me, smalls.

Sure, Haynesworth deserves some scorn. But he did his time for the suspension. And you've obviously never, ever played organized competitive football, because when the ref isn't looking or when you're in a dog pile people will INTENTIONALLY go for cheap shots that can PERMANENTLY INJURE a person. Don't go hounding him over and over for something everyone else has forgiven. It's so ironic that seemingly the hardest people on Haynesworth are his own team's fans.

Edit: Neither does he deserve to be in jail. Players sign away their rights when they step onto the turf. I've had guys straight up punch me in the face in a basketball game, and I had no legal discourse because of the circumstances that basketball is a physical game. And basketball is no where near the physicality of football.

What more do you want the man to do? OTAs are almost over, and everyone will forget that he missed them. Do you honestly believe Haynesworth is going to just get trucked over every game? Do you think he's too stupid to learn the scheme in the time between now and September? He's not a linebacker, not a defensive back. His roles are basically limited to hit this gap, hit that gap, occupy this man, occupy that man, run this stunt, run that stunt, get after the quarterback. He trained in a highly sub-par system last year and still had a great season. Not good, but great. Now he's doing his own thing, what's best for him, and he's still going to be a beast. And you're going to eat your words.

Just give it a rest. Stop acting like he's going to play poorly. Stop acting like he's a bad person. I've done far worse things than skip out on OTAs, stomp someones head, or knock up a stripper. So why doesn't everyone tweet and create media hype about me all day? Becuase you're just looking for a visible figure to take some anger out on, despite the fact that you "don't know the half of it."

Great read OP!

I can't wait till he breaks his silence and comes to Washington for the Mandatories. I hope he tells us " the other half" of what we dont know about the entire fiasco!

That's what I was going to add to the end of this thread. I'm really growing tired of the "I hate Al" crap. We don't work at Redskins Park, we don't talk to the players nor do we talk to the coaches. We also don't pay his salary. Bunch of damn whiny babies in here. Man up. I can't wait until the first day he's back and has his press conference and can just put all this to rest. This has possibly been the most annoying offseason by the media and the whiners in here.

Sorry for this late bump, but I really think it's time to bump this thread and wonder what will you do, or what will you ask him right now, considering what he just did?

I was ok to give him the benefit of the doubt and take a wait and see approach, but not anymore...

I don't like being f*** up especially when I haven't been told "I love You" before :D

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Type in your profane word and let the filters do their job. Then check your post to see if the profanity was replaced with asterisks. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "#&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

I think this one will be closed. You all have enough threads already to vent and/or call Big Al names. No need for this one to clutter things up even more.

Oh. And a little advice. Heed MTH's post above. I mean READ it and understand it. Sort of a future reference thing.

Archived