Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Met Haynesworth Today at CLT

Monk4theHall81

He said, "man if you only knew the half of it"

Yanno what would be pretty funny? That "other half" that you didn't know was that it wasn't really AH, just some guy that kinda looked like him, and he was yankin' yer chain :ols:

You could just not comment if it doesn't interest you? :whoknows:
during the offseason, reporters will spin any 'no shows' at camp (voluntary or otherwise) into some sort of 'Unhappiness message' being sent from the player to the team.

The thing I find it terribly interesting is way Esers both chide "the media" for "inventing" offseason news while craving offseason news. All they're doing is responding to market demand. If you took for what it is, there wouldn't even be threads like this.

So what happens if he is gassed after the first series of the season?

He won't gas that early but he will gas eventually just like he has his entire career. It never was a problem in Tennessee though. I think it's funny that all of these Redskins fans cry about it. He's never been an every-down player and it's been well documented way before he came here....and he's still considered one of the best, if not the best defensive tackle in the NFL.

He won't gas that early but he will gas eventually just like he has his entire career. It never was a problem in Tennessee though. I think it's funny that all of these Redskins fans cry about it. He's never been an every-down player and it's been well documented way before he came here....and he's still considered one of the best, if not the best defensive tackle in the NFL.

:applause:

Make this into a thread and it should be stickied!!!

On a 100 million contract, he should be an every down player. I never thought he was worth that money and that was one of the reasons that the press said it was a bad deal for the Skins.

You have your opinion on him and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree on this one. AH is probably the most hotly contested topic on ES.

I don't like him and never have. What soured me on him was him trying to injure Gurode when he stomped on his head without a helmet. There isn't anything he can do to change my opinion on him after that.

I don't think anybody is totally evil, not saying AH is. But just a casual conversation at the airport does not mean anything for or against his situation. At least it was a good anecdote just like the Donovan McNabb airport story. One thing is for sure, winning cures all issues. We win the Superbowl and no one will care what the heck Albert Haynesworth did. Am I right? Heck, we could win the Superbowl with Jeff George as quarterback and he will be hailed as a saint. Same with Congressman Heath Shuler....

I'm kind of frustrated with everyone in here for just realizing the media is BS. It surprises me that so many people have brought into what the media has been spewing and turned against Albert....I already told myself that I won't form an opinion on the matter until I actually hear it from Al's mouth.

Just because the media says "Albert is frustrated with the switch to 3-4" does not mean he actually is until you hear it from HIM.

Now that I know Albert has another side to the story. I'm relieved because I knew he had something different to say about the situation. I just wish OP could have asked him some more details but its cool.

I actually think that Shanahan has planned this himself and is sending playbooks to Albert while he trains with his personal trainer. Then he is gonna keep the circus going until pre-season and have everyone think that ALbert will not be playing. Then boom....second half of Dallas game, he comes out and terrorizes an unprepared Dallas O-line. lol...maybe thats not the case but it would be cool.

On a 100 million contract, he should be an every down player. I never thought he was worth that money and that was one of the reasons that the press said it was a bad deal for the Skins.

You have your opinion on him and I have mine. Let's just agree to disagree on this one. AH is probably the most hotly contested topic on ES.

I don't like him and never have. What soured me on him was him trying to injure Gurode when he stomped on his head without a helmet. There isn't anything he can do to change my opinion on him after that.

He has never been an every down player. Snyderatto knew that when they paid him $100M. Don't blame Big Al for taking the deal.

Glad to read this thread... he is a nice guy that I have to agree and over that he is strongest guy in our team by far.... He gifted big screen tv to redskins employees last christmas.. not many with so much money in the NFL has done this before...he has to be a nice guy.

On a 100 million contract, he should be an every down player.

Nope. No defensive tackle is an every down player, and it would be stupid to try to play them that way. While it certainly was embarassing to watch Albert roll around on the ground after a play last year, he DID to the same thing in Tennessee. Jason Brown of the Rams, a former Raven, basically said that this was Haynesworth's habit before Al ever played a down with us. We knew exactly what we were getting into with Haynesworth in terms of games missed due to injury and snap count. There have been multiple people that have documented that Al was on the field for more snaps than we actually probably should have expected.

Originally Posted by stevemcqueen1 viewpost.gif

You know, I've been reading over the stats at profootballfocus.com and one thing that's really useful is they list the number of snaps every defender takes.

One thing I found shocking was how many snaps Albert takes compared to other players. Albert missed 3 games this year: weeks 11, 12, and 14 (or maybe PFF just didn't chart them). Yet he still played 573 snaps or well over 50% of our total snaps for the year. That averages to about 48 snaps a game. In the 12 games he did play and PFF charted, he played an astounding 72% of our defensive snaps.

For instance, I wanted to see how he compares to other 3-4 players who had good seasons to. Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata both had pretty impressive seasons according to this site's rankings, but both played far fewer snaps than Haynesworth did. Out of a possible 1,205 snaps (including playoff games), Gregg played 496 or about 41% of defensive snaps, or just over 28 snaps a game. Clearly this was an effective system for Gregg and the Ravens because he's PFF's second ranked defensive tackle according to their metrics.

Ngata missed weeks 9 & 10 (or wasn't charted for them), so he only has 16 games charted. In those games he played 630 of a possible 1,064 snaps or almost 60%. That averages out to about 40 snaps a game for him, and again this was a successful formula for the Ravens because Ngata garned positive ratings nearly every week and finished as the 17th overall tackle.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=317895&page=2

In any case, while Albert was productive last year, I agree that he didn't really look like this:

albert_haynesworth_200311_ap1.jpg

That picture gives me the goosebumps thinking of what Albert could be for us this year if he really has slimmed down. I don't know why so many people seem to be rooting against Al. It seems like rooting for your house to flood. Our best case scenario for everyone is that he comes in and shuts everyone up with his play this year.

In any case, we should have a pretty good idea about Haynesworth's conditioning when our mandatory mini-camp starts this weekend.

He has never been an every down player. Snyderatto knew that when they paid him $100M. Don't blame Big Al for taking the deal.

Did you read what I wrote? I said I thought it was a bad signing and he is a guy with character issues. You haven't said anything to discount that.

You hate him or love him that is your personal problem.... you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a great player when he is on the field and will create havoc if he is healthy this year.

Did you read what I wrote? I said I thought it was a bad signing and he is a guy with character issues. You haven't said anything to discount that.

Well, it is obvious that Al has character issues. He stomped on another guy's face, crushed the hip of someone while driving recklessly, and recently conceived an illigitimate child with a stripper.

On the other hand, the league is thick with guys that have bigger character issues. I'd say that the homophobic, misogynist, woman assaulting Larry Johnson probably has lower character than Haynesworth, as do Ray Lewis and a littany of other players.

Al doesn't seem like a malignant guy. He seems a bit reckless and self centered. There are guys like Fletcher and Orakpo that are much more mature than Haynesworth, but not everyone is going to be like that. Noone will be complaining about his character if he's an All Pro again this year.

Well, it is obvious that Al has character issues. He stomped on another guy's face, crushed the hip of someone while driving recklessly, and recently conceived an illigitimate child with a stripper.

On the other hand, the league is thick with guys that have bigger character issues. I'd say that the homophobic, misogynist, woman assaulting Larry Johnson probably has lower character than Haynesworth, as do Ray Lewis and a littany of other players.

Al doesn't seem like a malignant guy. He seems a bit reckless and self centered. There are guys like Fletcher and Orakpo that are much more mature than Haynesworth, but not everyone is going to be like that. Noone will be complaining about his character if he's an All Pro again this year.

The NFL is full of guys that are rough around the edges. It's the nature of the sport. I definitely agree with your last sentence. It's just like the saying "winning cures everything." If Haynesworth is out there destroying offensive lines and sacking QBs in week one, no one will remember any of this.

Very good post earlier BTW (post #70).

Archived