Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Product Review--Gillette Proglide: Finally, the best razor ever made. 4 stars.

McD5

I'm going to have to give the Proglide a try. Thanks for the tip.

I'm currently using the Schick Hydro. My wife picked it up for me the other day at Wal-Mart. It was a package and it came with the razor and a blade plus a 5 pack of blades and the shaving cream for a total of $9.85. I'm loving it so far. The razor glide is far superior to any other razor I have used in the past. They claim the lubricating strip will last twice as long as other razors but we will see about that. So far I've used it 4 times and the strip still provides excellent razor glide. To be honest, I think with razors that the lubricating strip wears out way before the blades and this it what makes it uncomfortable for most to shave.

http://www.schickhydro.com/

debated trying it. I did was recently using the Fusion but I've had enough with the robbery of razor refills. At BJ's it was $42 dollars for 14 cartridges for my Fusion. God knows what the new pro-glide will cost.

I bought a set of disposable 3 blades 22 of them for 19.99.

And I am sure it is a great new shave, all sharp blades are. The real test is how long does a blade last.

So I took your advice and purchased one today. Got it from the Giant grocery store near me on sale for $9.00 (Usually $11.99). I'll give it a go here in a little bit and let you know what I think.

If you could update us on how long the blade lasts with good quality I'd be interested to know that.

Also for a baseline how often do you shave now, and what did you use before the new gillette one?

So I took your advice and purchased one today. Got it from the Giant grocery store near me on sale for $9.00 (Usually $11.99). I'll give it a go here in a little bit and let you know what I think.
I've been using the Fusion for quite a while now so when I saw the new one at Target today I picked it up. Good to hear the positive reviews.

Good job. You will love it.

Signed up for the free one. I have been using the walmart brand 5 blade razor and love the shaves I have been getting out of it. Not to mention a 4 pack of refills if $5.98.

I wish I found mine for free. Good job.

And if you get a great shave out of a WMT razor, it is hard to beat that price.

Signed up for the free one. I have been using the walmart brand 5 blade razor and love the shaves I have been getting out of it. Not to mention a 4 pack of refills if $5.98.

+1 on all fronts.

I have been using Walmart Razors for a while because I can't justify spending the amount of money for a shave that is slightly better. Shaving has become so expensive that it can be a tax write-off for service-members. No BS, it is a job requirement and it exceeds the minimum $$$ spent needed to recoup if the individual has moderate growth and shaves the required "at least once a day". Sad, simply sad.

Ok so the man is telling the truth...this razor passed with flying colors for me. I had a foolproof method to determine whether this razor was legit or not, and it passed, and exceeded my expectations..

So i have been using proactive for about a year, and I use cotton pad rounds to apply step 2 of the medicine. So whenever I would shave, the cotton pad would always catch on my stubble (this was right after I got out of the shower after shaving). It would always leave cotton strands stuck to my face, and rip the cotton pad up to smithereens. Well needless to say, this was such a smooth shave, that there wasn't a single strand of cotton, and the pad itself stayed completely intact.

The smoothness i got was from a practically effortless shave. I only went over my skin once with the razor on purpose. I wanted to see the effect of doing just a once over, and it gave me a better shave then my old razor (Matrix 3) which I would usually go over twice with it.

Thanks for the heads up McD5.

If you could update us on how long the blade lasts with good quality I'd be interested to know that.

Also for a baseline how often do you shave now, and what did you use before the new gillette one?

I will try and remember. I didn't buy any replacement razors so when this one is up I should be able to remember. Also I shave about once every 3 days, sometimes more depending whats on my plate for that day. I don't let it get past the stubble stage. My old razor was a Matrix 3...and it is now sitting in my garbage can.

Ok so the man is telling the truth...this razor passed with flying colors for me. I had a foolproof method to determine whether this razor was legit or not, and it passed, and exceeded my expectations..

No problem, happy to help. I actually look forward to shaving now.

Also, you will notice that you don't have to shave as often with this razor.

My "5 o'clock shadow" no longer appears until 11 pm, or even the next morning.

Glad you like it.

I received my free one in the mail today; however, it was the ProGlide Power. Does anyone know if there is any difference between the replacement blades between the regular ProGlide and the power blades?

I won't use the power aspect of the razor (don't care for the vibrating), I'd rather save a little bit of money and just buy the regular replacement blades instead of the power replacement blades.

I have a Redskins Fusion, and a NASCAR Fusion. I won't be parting with either anytime soon, but when I do, I will try this.

I admit to trying the Fusion largely because of their NASCAR sponsorship. We race fans are some of the most brand-loyal people on earth. Gillette makes a terrific product, and I'm sure the Proglide is just the next in line.

Prior to that, I had a Schick Quattro. (Schick was my granddad's brand of choice.) No disrespect to him, but there's no comparison between the Quattro and the Fusion. It's like you're not even using the same type of instrument.

Received mine today as well. If I am not mistaken all of the Proglide's have the power button, no?

No, all ProGlide's do not have the power button.

http://www.amazon.com/Gillette-Fusion-Proglide-1-count-Package/dp/B003983HRI/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

The handle for the manual is somewhat skinnier than the power handle for obvious reasons, and the replacement blades are a $1 more for power than manual.

I wonder if the thinner blades means shorter life for each blade? And I hope the cost for replacement blades doesn't exceed the Fusion ones. I don't even wanna know how much money I've spent on blades in my lifetime. :(

It will definitely exceed the Fusion. Every time Gillette comes out with a new better razor the cost of the cartridges skyrockets.

I finally gave up on Gillette when I went to go get a new package of cartridge from BJs and it was 42 bucks for 14. It use to be around $30.

I don't mind paying a fair price for blades but it seems every new one gives a better shave but they don't last nearly half as long. And when they lose their sharpness and the lotion strip are painful.

Archived