Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Old Redskins Memorabilia

Gracelander

After seeing the "I like Sonny" thread it had me wondering what older gem's some of you have that are Redskins related.

I found this old matchbook cover last month at a store for $5 from the late 40's early 50's.

front1.jpgfront2.jpgphoto-39.jpg

post some of your older collectibles.

:point2sky

Jimbo, that record album is sweet. Is it radio calls of the games?

I so wish there was a digital vault of Redskins radio. I'd love to listen to Sonny,Sam & Frank during Gibbs 1.0. It'd be perfect for long car trips and cross country flights, etc.

Jimbo, that record album is sweet. Is it radio calls of the games?

I so wish there was a digital vault of Redskins radio. I'd love to listen to Sonny,Sam & Frank during Gibbs 1.0. It'd be perfect for long car trips and cross country flights, etc.

That album is indeed WMAL radio highlights. The '72-'73 album features Steve Gilmartin doing play-by-play. I also have the album from the '82-'83 season with Sonny, Sam & Frank. A buddy of mine has a USB turntable. I'll have to get it downloaded and see if the mods are interested in adding it here somewhere. I can probably even burn it to CD if anyone is interested.

here is a autographed picture of Charlie Taylor, I have had for a very long time, I actually can't remember when I got it. It hangs on my Redskins wall.

039a-1.jpg

I got the same one in my basement. Must a been a bunch of these signed. :)

I bought this game program a few years ago from ebay. I was looking for something a little different and came up with an idea to find a program for the game that was played the week I was born. This game vs the Giants was played 5 days after my birth.

cover-3.jpg

coverroster.jpg

coverad.jpg

:point2sky

I've got a hand-me-down shirt from 1988 when the 'Skins won the Super Bowl. I'll have to dig it up. My dad also has an old, unopened box of Wheaties from '91 when we won the Super Bowl again.

HAHA....I ate the Wheaties but saved the box. I also have the Wheaties box from after Super Bowl XXII.

The unopened items I have are a Super Bowl XVII Coke and a bottle of Redskins 50th Anniversary Wine from Jack Kent Cooke's vineyard.

You can see some of those here in my Redskins Shrine.

I'm in the process of setting up my Redskins room in my new house in West Virginia (yeah, I know, I've been here 9 months... but it needed a lot of work... stuff like upgrading electricity, etc.). My Redskin room is painted and the furniture is in it, but I have to get the walls done; and memorabilia sorted out.

A couple things I have though are:

1. Several programs from games during the 1953 season (the year I was born).. my brother is in the process of trying to collect those for me.

2. A scrapbook of newspaper clippings from the 1942 championship season.

3. My seat from RFK.

4. A goal post cover (yes, you read that right.. the padding that goes around the goalpost).. from the 1972 Redskins-Dallas game (26-3) that put us in the SuperBowl.

I will try to get pictures, etc. together once the room is put together. People I've talked about this to says I should start a thread.. I'm excited about what I'm doing. After living in a mobile home for 20+ years, I now have a house with which I can have my own "Redskins" room.. having been a fan forever, and my dad having been a season ticket holder since the mid to late 1940s.. this has always been one of my dreams.. to have a room dedicated to the Redskins (and in a way to my dad).

4. A goal post cover (yes, you read that right.. the padding that goes around the goalpost).. from the 1972 Redskins-Dallas game (26-3) that put us in the SuperBowl.

Sandy, if I remember correctly you've posted a pic of this once before. VERY COOL!!! My Dad, Mom and oldest Sister attended that game while I got left at home. I was pissed about that for a LOOOOONG time. :pfft:

Sandy, if I remember correctly you've posted a pic of this once before. VERY COOL!!! My Dad, Mom and oldest Sister attended that game while I got left at home. I was pissed about that for a LOOOOONG time. :pfft:

Yup Jimbo.. I have posted a picture of it.. and you don't know how many PMs I got about offering to "take it off my hands"

:ols:

Archived