Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports.com: Adam Schein's 2nd Annual NFL Organizational Rankings

CrypticVillain

Top NFL Franchises

We rank franchises 1 to 32 based upon: Owner, front office, head coach, coaching staff, QB and "intangibles," -- a combo of fan support, facilities, stadium and PR. Teams were scored 1 (lowest) to 10 (Peyton Manning) in each group. Last year, Saints coach Sean Payton disagreed with his grade, saying: "You don't even take the 5.5 home from the bar after midnight!" Good news, Coach, your score improved with the Super Bowl win.

Reminder, this is NOT a power ranking. Let the debate begin ...

11. Washington Redskins

Schein's score (out of possible 60): 44.5

Surprised? Actually, I am, too. But then again, Washington replaced the running jokes of Jim Zorn, Vinny Cerrato, a bingo caller and Jason Campbell with Mike Shanahan (pictured, left), Bruce Allen, Kyle Shanahan and Donovan McNabb (pictured, right). And you have to credit Dan Snyder (yes, I just wrote that) for locking himself in the closet and letting Shanahan and Allen run the show. This past offseason proved Snyder is over his spendthrift ways.

10. New York Giants

Schein's score (out of possible 60): 47.5

The Mara family does it with dignity. And the Maras and Tisch family were instrumental in getting a gorgeous new stadium. But with the PSLs, many true blue Giants fans who called Giants Stadium home were priced out and left out in the cold. Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning (pictured) have proven to be at their best when it matters the most.

9.Dallas Cowboys

Schein's score (out of possible 60): 48

The higher ranking than a year ago is a direct reflection of Jerry Jones (pictured) letting his football people make the football decisions. The new stadium, Jones' brilliant marketing and a great fan base give Dallas a big number for intangibles. Tony Romo sits to pee and Wade Phillips got over major hurdles by winning in December last year, winning the division and finally in the postseason.

6. Philadelphia Eagles

Schein's score (out of possible 60): 49.5

Arguably, the number is too low, with my conservative yet fair grade for Kevin Kolb. But make no mistake, Philly's organization is among the best in all of sports. Andy Reid (pictured) wins every single year. Owner Jeff Lurie has a great model in place. Team president Joe Banner is sharp doing contracts, and new GM Howie Roseman has been ready for this promotion for years.

His Top 5

1.Patriots

2.Colts

3.Saints

4.Ravens

5.Packers

Here is the link. And as far as my reactions :whoknows:

I'd have the Steelers in the top 3. I don't see why the Saints are up there. Yes they won the Super Bowl but before last year they really hadn't done anything substantial on a year to year basis.

As far as the NFCE goes, I think the Skins and Boys are both overrated. The Giants and Eagles both seem about right although I think the Eagles should be a tad bit lower.

I'd have the Steelers in the top 3. I don't see why the Saints are up there. Yes they won the Super Bowl but before last year they really hadn't done anything substantial on a year to year basis.

As far as the NFCE goes, I think the Skins and Boys are both overrated. The Giants and Eagles both seem about right although I think the Eagles should be a tad bit lower.

I agree that the Skins and Cowboys are both overrated. I think the Steelers should be number 1, they have always been good and always been solid and unfortunately for us, have the best traveling fans in the league. I think the Packers could be up there too.

The saints should be replaced with the chargers, but I'm sure what helps the Saints is QB, they just won the superbowl, and fan/city support of the team.

Irrespective of how the season goes on the field; how nice is it to be thought of as a professional franchise again, instead of a league wide laughing stock?

Hail.

Why would anyone care if we're a "laughing stock" or not? It all revolves around winning. I don't care what another team's fans think of us.

I hate Adam Schein, whether or not he's trying to say good things about us. And his rankings are ridiculous. Dallas has made ONE playoff game in a decade and they're ranked above the Vikings, Chargers, and Titans? No way. If he's objectively talking about whether or not the FO is set up well, then I don't understand how Jerry Jones as the Owner/GM/part time coach (when telling Wade who should or shouldn't play) is in the top 15 or 20.

If Snyder were doing the same thing we'd be in the bottom 5. Schein is a pos. And I agree the Saints are only in the top 5 because they won a SB last year, but I can stomach that better than Dallas in the top 10.

My top 5 would be: (over last 5 years total)

Colts

Steelers

Ravens

Eagles

Patriots

Based off draft, free agents, game planning, and continuity. While some might not be the best at all of these, overall these five franchises would be great ones to model after.

New Kids on the block:

Atlanta

Miami

New Orleans

Minnesota

Jets

I hate Adam Schein, whether or not he's trying to say good things about us. And his rankings are ridiculous. Dallas has made ONE playoff game in a decade and they're ranked above the Vikings, Chargers, and Titans? No way. If he's objectively talking about whether or not the FO is set up well, then I don't understand how Jerry Jones as the Owner/GM/part time coach (when telling Wade who should or shouldn't play) is in the top 15 or 20.

If Snyder were doing the same thing we'd be in the bottom 5. Schein is a pos. And I agree the Saints are only in the top 5 because they won a SB last year, but I can stomach that better than Dallas in the top 10.

Because it's not about winning in these rankings? We have one playoff win in how many years?

Cowboys have a franchise QB, a franchise defensive player who is perhaps the best in the league, the best stadium in the NFL, a massive fanbase, etc.

Reading is your friend.

Because it's not about winning in these rankings? We have one playoff win in how many years?

Cowboys have a franchise QB, a franchise defensive player who is perhaps the best in the league, the best stadium in the NFL, a massive fanbase, etc.

Reading is your friend.

His rankings, according to him, are about the setup of the organization. I disagree with his ranking of OUR team also, but I'm more apt to slam Dallas since I'm a REDSKINS fan. Sorry my post didn't meet your criteria and made you think I hadn't read the article, but you assumed I was saying the Skins should be higher, when I didn't say anything along those lines, I said that Dallas should be ranked lower for the same reasons WE should be ranked much lower if Snyder were still running the ship the way Jones does.

Oh, and BTW, that "franchise QB" that you are giving Dallas' FO credit for, he was brought in by Bill Parcells when he was running Dallas' ship, so Jerry gets no credit for that.

Other than that, you can keep the comments like "Reading is your friend" to yourself, they're unnecessary and don't strengthen your argument but make it look like you're juvenile. Instead, maybe you can go back and read my post over again and tell me where I said the Skins should be ranked above Dallas.

If these rankings WERE about winning, the teams I mentioned would be light years ahead of Dallas and the Skins.

I am a little confused with the purpose of these rankings .... If they are talking about how well the franchise is run I have real issues with the Eagles and Colts being so high .

The Colts are still stuck in the 1980s in terms of marketing...if you build it they will come . They got one of the best QBs in the game and in a way lucked into that narrowly missing Ryan Leaf ... They have got to the playoffs and superbowls but like the Chargers and Eagles in the early naughties, they are better in the regular than post season and should have turned their offensive advantage into more trophies .

The Eagles draft so-so normally...and they seem to back into boom bust players . Sure Trent Cole was a boom pick but then they should hit on one DE after all the resources they have thrown at the position, (Kerse, Howard,McDoogle, Green etc etc) . Brown, LJ Smith are guys who have a decent season then disappear and people forget how high they were drafted . Same with Bunkley and Peterson . The best draft they had was 2002 but I hate their tendency to trade within their division as it strengthens their most direct rivals . They are also seen as the poor man of the East with big Money teams like the Cowboys and Skins leading the way .

Despite the Eagles dominance throughout the first few years of the decade the Eagles trophy cabinet is still empty and pinning all their hopes on Kolb with a lesser and lesser supporting cast is a little troubling .

The Cowboys and the Giants are about right . I think Jones taking more of a role in the FO behind the scenes is nothing but a good thing for the organization . As much as i dislike Philips it does give the team and identity and continuity .

The Colts are still stuck in the 1980s in terms of marketing...if you build it they will come . They got one of the best QBs in the game and in a way lucked into that narrowly missing Ryan Leaf ... They have got to the playoffs and superbowls but like the Chargers and Eagles in the early naughties, they are better in the regular than post season and should have turned their offensive advantage into more trophies .

Well you can blame the Patriots for that. They owned them in the first part of the decade. But I will still put them in my top 5 They consistently win and they continue to get better when you think they should get worst. When Harrison was falling, I thought they were done.

I agree completely with Warhead, how are the Steelers not number 1. They continue to compete even with so much turnover. If they make the playoffs this year, they will definitely become the number one NFL franchise IMO.

I agree completely with Warhead, how is the Steelers not number 1. They continue to compete even with so much turnover. If they make the playoffs this year, they will definitely become the number one NFL franchise IMO.

That's because their turnover was the exact opposite of ours: players come and go, but a consistent philosophy and scheme has stayed. The best organizations can do that: they win more, and hence, have lower draft picks every year, but they have an established, succesful system and just as important, culture, and can plug in guys that are not necessarily elite in talent, and win.

Archived