Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HOOTERS Waittress Punished For Weight

Mr. Sinister

http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/05/19/hooters-server-put-on-weight-probation/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fjobs.aol.com%2Farticles%2F2010%2F05%2F19%2Fhooters-server-put-on-weight-probation%2F

Hooters server Cassie White claims she was recently put on "weight probation" and told she has 30 days to drop some pounds or have her employment with Hooters terminated. She is 5-foot-8 and 132 pounds.

White is not the first person to lose employment because of her weight.

In 2009, Ralph Lauren model Filippa Hamilton says the company fired her claiming she was overweight and couldn't fit into the clothes. At the time, Hamilton was 5-foot-10 and weighed 120 pounds.

Obviously these people are not overweight by most people's standards -- but who should decide what constitutes being overweight, or whether weight can be a determining factor in job performance?

Click Link For The Rest

Courts have already ruled in favor of Hooters when it comes to discrimination for hiring... i.e. men cannot sue for not being hired as waiters.

Hooters waitresses rejoiced at the time. So, with that, I guess it's only fair they accept stuff like this

Courts have already ruled in favor of Hooters when it comes to discrimination for hiring... i.e. men cannot sue for not being hired as waiters.

Hooters waitresses rejoiced at the time. So, with that, I guess it's only fair they accept stuff like this

What guy with anything resembling a backbone, or a pair, or both, would resort to being a waiter at Hooters anyway? That's like being a male secretary, or a male nurse ( not that theres anything wrong with that) :)

What guy with anything resembling a backbone, or a pair, or both, would resort to being a waiter at Hooters anyway? That's like being a male secretary, or a male nurse ( not that theres anything wrong with that) :)

Richard Simmons.

seriously, that girl is no where close to overweight, even by hooters' standards. i've seen bigger girls than that there. that rule should be used for girls that are really packing on the pounds. the only thing i could think of is that she used to be 5'8" 110 or something when she was hired and has gained a lot of weight (even though the end weight isn't overweight per se).

What guy with anything resembling a backbone, or a pair,...

This guy has a pair...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56uHv-vKLpg&rel=0&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56uHv-vKLpg&rel=0&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I have no clue how much she weighed when hired and how quickly she added whatever weight she put on since coming there, so it's hard to really make any kind of judgment on this. That being said, when you go to work at a place like this you shouldn't be shocked that they have a very specific look they want you to maintain that is in line with their image.

It's kind of like Playboy saying they want to do a photo-shoot with you, then you show up weighing 15 pounds more than you did in the shots they hired you based off of. I realize that Hooters is a restaurant, but let's be honest....these girls aren't hired based on their waitress skills.

In other news, she obviously isn't remotely overweight by any means, but she signed up for this when she applied there, sucks for her but I don't really feel sorry for her. Also, this is entirely one sided as we only have the details she wants you to hear.

I give her two thumbs up.

i'm confused here. in the video (and the pic on the left) she looks a-okay to me, but it says "before." she looks significantly heavier in the face/neck in the picture on the right, though it's tough to label here "heavy" in that after picture.

is that really a before and after picture?

Archived