Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail to the Redskins in Madden 11

psu2008

About damn time. Can't wait to make people across the nation hear that song online. :D

And also confirmed Gus Johnson is the new play by play man for madden 11.

Another "Thank God." Cris Collinsworth is awful. Like someone said, though, I wish they would have channel-specific broadcasts, with the same graphics they use. That would be so kickass.

I never understood what took these guys so long to do this.

I can remember back in the day the Sega version of the NFL allowed you to load mp3s and have them play after anything you wanted (1st down, td, etc). One of the first things I did was load Hail to the Redskins onto the game and have it played whenever the Skins were designated the "home" team. Worked fine. Why Madden never adopted this after they gobbled up all the competition still baffles me.

I agree with you 100%, and I STILL play and update my rosters in NFL 2K5. It's incredible to me how much better it plays that the current Madden, and the Crib feature is awesome.

Damn thats a great question...Im hoping its the Band with the sound of the crowd singing it.That would be awesome.

That would be amazing!

Any of you guys play on the PS3, if so add me and we could play sometime.

Psn: beet_by_a_girl

knowing Madden, they're probably going to eff it up just like they do everything else.

The developers they've got working on it now are actually pretty decent (albeit by EA standards) and did at least improve gameplay fairly significantly from Madden 09. It's still an EA product on a short development cycle, though, so they're always going to have features that really aren't complete (franchise mode, superstar mode, etc.).

Question as a non-gamer... Does John Madden do the color commentary in the Madden games? Or are there even announcers heard as you play?

Not anymore. Cris Collinsworth took over that duty and is absolutely terrible at it. All of his commentary seems to relate to his career and is ego-centric to varying degrees.

Oh kick ass!!!! I might buy that one. Been waiting for a version with better redskins ratings :( long wait.

The ratings lie.... I've been playing Madden pretty heavy since 2001 - they're ALWAYS one of the top 5 teams on the game... even when their ratings are terrible. You just gotta know how to use them ;-) I've found that having a superbowl contender on "paper" every year translates very well to Madden football.....

The ratings lie.... I've been playing Madden pretty heavy since 2001 - they're ALWAYS one of the top 5 teams on the game... even when their ratings are terrible. You just gotta know how to use them ;-) I've found that having a superbowl contender on "paper" every year translates very well to Madden football.....

That's really not true. The Redskins haven't been in the top tier of teams in the game going back as far as I can remember. They always do seem to be in that second tier of teams that have just enough play-makers on both sides of the ball to get by and compete, provided you're a good player.

Having been a video game junkie for well over 30 years this kinda falls under the title Too little Too late don't' ya think?

Am I gonna have to buy this game so I can finally hear our song because it probably wont be there next year?

I love the game and have bought many of them,but until the NFL allows someone else the ability to licensed another product to provide competition to EA,well still be stuck with the same old **** from ES Sports.

Where the motto should be........."it's only in the game,if we put it in the game"

Edit:

So it's just a bunch of Fans and NOT the Band?....what a joke.

Furthermore, this year's Madden features more famous team-specific chants, such as the Vikings' "Skol Vikings!" song that plays after a score, the Redskins' "Hail to the Redskins," and the Eagles' "Fly Eagles Fly."

I was just thinking last night while playing Madden 10 and kicking the crap out of some fool playing the 49ers, that they need to add Hail to the Redskins, wondering why they hadn't added it.

I can't wait to get Madden 11 now.

Not anymore. Cris Collinsworth took over that duty and is absolutely terrible at it. All of his commentary seems to relate to his career and is ego-centric to varying degrees.

I have always hated Collinsworth, but my hatred for him has grown substantially since he took over for Madden.

Its said when you wish you could have Madden and his lame comments as oppose to Collinsworth.

Sounds good, I wish they would include a "WE WANT DALLAS" chant when Dallas is the next team coming up lol

I read they revamped the whole physics and animations engine. Should be good. 10 was actually pretty good compared to some previous maddens.

whenever i play madden 10 (i play with all my stats ranked up and the computers stats are all 0's) i play in my franchise and i always beat a team 255-0 and in the last quarter, the announcers say "theres still enough time to beat the redskins. just throw the ball and get touchdowns". geez they've gotta fix that. whenever your winning 255-0, it is IMPOSSIBLE to try to win. at least make the comments sound realistic. plus, the announcers say 3 or 4 different things each game and they repeat them about once every 3 minutes too. soooo annoying.

Lmao. :ols: What's the fun in that?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

whenever i play madden 10 (i play with all my stats ranked up and the computers stats are all 0's) i play in my franchise and i always beat a team 255-0 and in the last quarter, the announcers say "theres still enough time to beat the redskins. just throw the ball and get touchdowns". geez they've gotta fix that. whenever your winning 255-0, it is IMPOSSIBLE to try to win. at least make the comments sound realistic. plus, the announcers say 3 or 4 different things each game and they repeat them about once every 3 minutes too. soooo annoying.

LOL so you are pitting superhumans against human shells, going up by 200+ points, and then complaining about the realism of the commentary? Something doesnt quite add up...

Archived