Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail to the Redskins in Madden 11

psu2008

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/05/21/madden-audio.aspx

Making good on a promise that EA Tiburon and Cummings himself mentioned on a blog last year, for Madden 11 the developer is also redoing crowd noise and including more custom team chants and stadium songs. Whereas in past years the team had about 50 people shout their lungs out in the parking garage next door to the EA Tiburon offices and then add layer upon layer of reverb to fill it out, this year they've re-recorded things like the "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!" celebration and added more variety in the pitch and cadence of the voices to more accurately replicate a crowd of different people. Furthermore, this year's Madden features more famous team-specific chants, such as the Vikings' "Skol Vikings!" song that plays after a score, the Redskins' "Hail to the Redskins," and the Eagles' "Fly Eagles Fly."

Stadiums are given further life via the licensing of such famous stadium songs like AC/DC's "Thunderstruck," Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train," Blur's "Song 2," Garry Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2," Bush's "Machinehead," Todd Rungren's "Bang the Drum All Day," and Zombie Nation's "Kernkraft 400 (sport chant stadium remix)," among others.

I never understood what took these guys so long to do this.

I can remember back in the day the Sega version of the NFL allowed you to load mp3s and have them play after anything you wanted (1st down, td, etc). One of the first things I did was load Hail to the Redskins onto the game and have it played whenever the Skins were designated the "home" team. Worked fine. Why Madden never adopted this after they gobbled up all the competition still baffles me.

And also confirmed Gus Johnson is the new play by play man for madden 11.

I only have one gripe about that. I wish they would have multiple announce teams for the various broadcasts. This feature is in NCAA Basketball 10 along with the broadcast graphics for 3 different networks and it added a very nice level of immersion to an average bball game. Oh well, there's always next year. lol

I only have one gripe about that. I wish they would have multiple announce teams for the various broadcasts. This feature is in NCAA Basketball 10 along with the broadcast graphics for 3 different networks and it added a very nice level of immersion to an average bball game. Oh well, there's always next year. lol
Ive always thought that as well I think it would distinquish the differance between a sunday 1:00 game and a Monday night game.

Will we hear the fans shout "You Suck!" during the playing of

"Rock and Roll Part 2?"

The adding of fight songs or team chants is a great idea. Hopefully they get a recording of the band from a recent game. I still have love for that old recording, but having the current band playing it would be better.

If they can't get the Redskins Marching Band to record it, they call always call the Lakeview Fort Oglethorp HS band for assistance... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVFyHm1h63I

Archived