Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Snyder: Haynesworth absence not OK (M.E.T.)

aREDSKIN

I consider myself to be a very realistic person.

If I hit the Lottery this week not everything in my life is going to be all OK.

How do any of you know were going in the right direction?

Because the HC has a SB ring?

The GM did a few good things Once?

Our new QB ?

(I still cant help but to wonder if we have the supporting cast to help DM be good here,and can he stay healthy?)

It doesn't take much to win or lose in the NFL.

Injury's,Bad Calls,Ball bounces the wrong way.

And all of you know this too.

After 10 years of Dan Snyder and his big name splashes in the off-season the only thing I know is that seeing in believing.

This Haynesworth stuff reminds me of the year we drafted Landry and Sean was staying away from Redskins park because he was supposedly upset that Landry's contract would be paying him more than Sean. The media kept pumping that out and a lot of people spent a lot of time on here dogging Sean and gnashing their teeth over the whole thing. Sean, when he showed up, dispelled those rumors and played the best season of his short career. Aren't there direct quotes from Al that say he's ok with the 3-4? Why do we keep believing that he's against the change?

Our new QB ?

(I still cant help but to wonder if we have the supporting cast to help DM be good here,and can he stay healthy?)

After 10 years of Dan Snyder and his big name splashes in the off-season the only thing I know is that seeing in believing.

We are going in the right direction. Going in the wrong direction is sticking with Vinny and Zorn.

We now have a proven HC, real GM and a QB that knows how to lead. That adds up to the right direction.

Injuries, bad calls, and bad bounces doesn't mean your going in the wrong direction. That just means you have bad luck which is definitely different.

Competence is back at Redskins Park whether you wish to believe it or not.

I think HAYNESWORTH the thread title is HAYNESWORTH misleading and am HAYNESWORTH surprised a MOD hasn't HAYNESWORTH changed it to reflect the HAYNESWORTH actual word used, disappointed.

Every news story doesnt have to be about him!

Our new QB ?

What you just described is not realism, its pessimism.

The nice thing about the "x" factors you mentioned is that they can all be overcome by a well disciplined scheme. (See New England Patriots)

How the heck does he know anythings going to get better?

He doesn't.

We can go 4-12 for 4 years under the 2 successfull and high pedigree people HE brought in just as we could with Zorn and Vinny.

What an Idiot.

Our new QB ?

Nowhere in either of these posts have you shown yourself to be realistic or close to logical.

Sure, we COULD go 4-12 again this season, but logically, we are a much improved team so our record should improve as well. Could we catch some bad breaks with injurie, calls, etc. Of course. But, every NFL team does from time to time. That has nothing to do with the direction this team is heading in.

Logically, in the world of football reality, this team has turned itself in the right direction by getting proven leadership at the helm in three of the most important areas of a football franchise: GM, Head Coach, and QB. We have not had leadership like this at these three position once since Snyder bought the team. How could that not be a turn for the better, aka moving in the right direction?

You are obviously just spewing Snyder hate, which is not that uncommon around here. However, don't try to pretend to be bigger than your agenda. It is what it is and that is the only thing REAL about what you've said here.

I think HAYNESWORTH the thread title is HAYNESWORTH misleading and am HAYNESWORTH surprised a MOD hasn't HAYNESWORTH changed it to reflect the HAYNESWORTH actual word used, disappointed.

Every news story doesnt have to be about him!

Um, that IS the "actual words used" in the article's title. The only thing the mods needed to do was add the article's source (AP).

None of you can prove we are headed in the right direction.

No more than I could say that were not.

Only time will tell.

As for Haynesworth,who really cares anymore?

September thru December is where he's needed.

So because it hasn't happened yet, the owner shouldn't state his feelings on the subject? If that were the case then this board should just shut down once the season ends because there's not much more to talk about, aside from your predictions and speculation based on what you believe. He is the owner of the team, what is he supposed to say? "We were 4-12 last year, we'll probably suck again this year. Hell what's Mike Shanahan won without Elway? So we're likely doomed."

Only time will tell.

What the hell is your point again? lol :ols:...

You want "proof" we're headed in the right direction? We upgraded our GM. If you think Allen is not an upgrade over Vinny you're smokin' something.

We upgraded our head coach. If you think Shanahan is not an upgrade over Zorn you're smokin' AND drinkin' something simultaneously.

The owner of the franchise has stepped back from being involved with the players. They used to have access to Snyder when they felt the need. Now they have to go through Allen. If you don't think that's "heading in the right direction", you know very little about human behavior and team sports.

We've upgraded our starting QB. If you think Donovan McNabb is not an upgrade over Jason Campbell you must be Campbell's mom lol...because she's about the ONLY person who wouldn't think McNabb is an upgrade over Jason, and I even think she would admit to that.

We've upgraded our offensive coordinator. Zorn and Sherman Smith had ZERO coordinating experience when they arrived here. Shanahan, Jr, by comparison, devised and ran the #4 offense in the NFL last season. Not to mention that Shanahan, Sr. is an extremely experienced and successful OC in his own right. If you think that the Shanahans are not an upgrade over Zorn and Smith, you need to seek professional help. And quick.

So let's recap:

- The Skins got a much better GM.

- The Skins got a much better head coach.

- The Skins got a much better starting QB.

- The Skins got much better offensive coordinators.

- The Skins' owner has stepped back from being involved with the players directly.

Most of us that are of sound mind and body would classify all those moves as "proof" we are "heading in the right direction".

What the hell is your point again? lol :ols:...

You want "proof" we're headed in the right direction? We upgraded our GM. If you think Allen is not an upgrade over Vinny you're smokin' something.

We upgraded our head coach. If you think Shanahan is not an upgrade over Zorn you're smokin' AND drinkin' something simultaneously.

The owner of the franchise has stepped back from being involved with the players. They used to have access to Snyder when they felt the need. Now they have to go through Allen. If you don't think that's "heading in the right direction", you know very little about human behavior and team sports.

We've upgraded our starting QB. If you think Donovan McNabb is not an upgrade over Jason Campbell you must be Campbell's mom lol...because she's about the ONLY person who wouldn't think McNabb is an upgrade over Jason, and I even think she would admit to that.

We've upgraded our offensive coordinator. Zorn and Sherman Smith had ZERO coordinating experience when they arrived here. Shanahan, Jr, by comparison, devised and ran the #4 offense in the NFL last season. Not to mention that Shanahan, Sr. is an extremely experienced and successful OC in his own right. If you think that the Shanahans are not an upgrade over Zorn and Smith, you need to seek professional help. And quick.

So let's recap:

- The Skins got a much better GM.

- The Skins got a much better head coach.

- The Skins got a much better starting QB.

- The Skins got a much better offensive coordinators.

- The Skins' owner has stepped back from being involved with the players directly.

Most of us that are of sound mind and body would classify all those moves as "proof" we are "heading in the right direction".

Well said and anyone not agreeing with this is just hating. I might have added that that we upgraded our DC too.

Just because Snyder says he is disappointed in Haynesworth not being at camp doesn't in no way mean that he is on the trading block. Everyone thinks that Snyder is just fed up but he has never said he is going to trade this guy. Every sports writer just wants to think that he is going to so they can say I told you so. So if it happens then they can boast but I am not buying it.

Only time will tell.

The other guys made some pretty compelling arguments against you, but let me take your side... partially because I feel bad lol and partially because I believe that they are misinterpreting what you're trying to say.

If I'm putting words in anyones mouth, feel free to interject...

BUT

I think you just want to see us perform before you fill your head with superbowl visions.

I respect that and I feel the same way.

We have been offseason champs for 10 years and running; letdown is something we've become accustomed too.

No matter how many good things have happened, I for one want to see results. Training camp hasn't even come yet.... it's a little early to chalk up the wins already. I mean, if something were to happen to Donovan, our starting quarterback situation is by far worse than last year's. Let's just all take it easy.

Does it LOOK like we're moving the right way? Undoubtedly.

There's not much of a difference between being pessimistic and cautiously optimistic, though, and I can definitely see how being the latter could come across as the former.

We're all Redskins fans! We wanna win! :logo::logo::logo:

Originally Posted by Long-Time-Fan View Post

I consider myself to be a very optimistic person.

Whether or not I hit the Lottery this week, everything in my life is going to be all OK.

I know were going in the right direction.

Why? Because the HC has a SB ring, among other fantastic attributes.

The GM was brought in to steer us in the right direction and has once done great things for other organizations.

Our new QB? He's a competitor, he wants to win, and he has what it takes to be a great leader on and off the field.

(I still cant help but to think we have the supporting cast to help DM be good here. Here's to his health and his potential to lead us to a Super Bowl win.)

But we've stared these demons in the eyes on numerous occasions, which leads me to believe we can overcome any obstacle in the future.

Fixed. (positive spin). ;)

The other guys made some pretty compelling arguments against you, but let me take your side... partially because I feel bad lol and partially because I believe that they are misinterpreting what you're trying to say.

If I'm putting words in anyones mouth, feel free to interject...

BUT

I think you just want to see us perform before you fill your head with superbowl visions.

I respect that and I feel the same way.

We have been offseason champs for 10 years and running; letdown is something we've become accustomed too.

No matter how many good things have happened, I for one want to see results. Training camp hasn't even come yet.... it's a little early to chalk up the wins already. I mean, if something were to happen to Donovan, our starting quarterback situation is by far worse than last year's. Let's just all take it easy.

Does it LOOK like we're moving the right way? Undoubtedly.

There's not much of a difference between being pessimistic and cautiously optimistic, though, and I can definitely see how being the latter could come across as the former.

We're all Redskins fans! We wanna win! :logo::logo::logo:

But all Snyder DID say was we were "heading in the right direction". Heading in the right direction means you're improving in the important areas...and he called Snyder an "idiot" for saying that.

So your interpretation of Long-Time-Fan's words are..."generous", to put it mildly lol.

But all Snyder DID say was we were "heading in the right direction". Heading in the right direction means you're improving in the important areas...and he called Snyder an "idiot" for saying that.

So your interpretation of Long-Time-Fan's words are..."generous", to put it mildly lol.

LOL :silly:

Yeah, yeah, I know....

I LOVE these boards and I LOVE the discussions we get in, but sometimes it feels like everyone thinks everyone else is Cowboys fans. :no:

I do my best to see both sides of every argument. Even if it seems like some members go off the deep end sometimes, I just remember that they're a Redskin fan and they want what I do--RINGS!

saw this article as a link off to the side. outdated, but hilarious with regard to where we are now in this offseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458

"Not long after Jim Zorn sent him home Friday for what the coach said were disciplinary reasons, Haynesworth told The Washington Post that he couldn't "survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is."

saw this article as a link off to the side. outdated, but hilarious with regard to where we are now in this offseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4772458

"Not long after Jim Zorn sent him home Friday for what the coach said were disciplinary reasons, Haynesworth told The Washington Post that he couldn't "survive another season in this system if it stays the way it is."

Seems there's a pattern with Mr. Haynesworth. I hope he comes into camp in shape and a different mindset, otherwise I'm done with him. We don't need players like this on the team. I don't care how talented people think he is.

I remember last year when DHall got in a fight with Jacobs or the time when he was getting attacked by the Falcons; both times, Al was the first guy there for his back. He cares about this team.

He's doing what he's doing because he believes it's the best way to help himself help the team. He'll catch up doing scheme things, etc at the OTAs and TC.

The AH fanboys crack me up,....... :ols:

So you use the fight DHall got in as an example of Albert "caring about the team."? That's laughable. His play on the field, his work habits, leadership in practice, etc should be the examples of him caring about this team. Not a stupid fight, that honestly was embarrassing and never should have happened.

The AH fanboys crack me up,....... :ols:

So you use the fight DHall got in as an example of Albert "caring about the team."? That's laughable. His play on the field, his work habits, leadership in practice, etc should be the examples of him caring about this team. Not a stupid fight, that honestly was embarrassing and never should have happened.

It's not like it was Haynesworth's fault it happened. He was just coming in to defend Hall.

I still have a wait and see mindset when it comes to this. If he comes into camp in shape and ready, then I have no problems with the dude. Skins didn't sign him to be a leader. They signed him to dominate the line of scrimmage. If he's in shape, that's exactly what he'll do.

LOL, I think I ticked off Chris Russell...I think we should all roast him...

J_Wiebs

@Russellmania09 why must you stir the pot with the Albert Haynesworth situation every day? Quit fishing!

Russellmania09

@J_Wiebs Why must u and your buddies ask/accuse me of the same thing every day? I cover the #Redskins. When there is news, I cover it.

Archived