Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colt McCoy Just Seems Like a Nice Kid...

Ghost of

From watching the Gruden QB Camp with McCoy, to this Path to the Draft (I need to finish yet another paper haha) and basically everything I ever see with him, he just is a mild-mannered, soft-voiced kid who seems positive about everything and just benevolent.

Anyone else get that feeling? Or am I totally judging a book by its cover and he actually used to set cats on fire, put the burning cats into bags and then throw those bags at children and the elderly?

"Kid" is the key word here.

He looks like a little boy.

And I was never all that impressed by him in college. He threw a lot of short passes that turned into huge gains. I don't think he can make all the throws you need to be a good QB in the NFL.

Playing in blistery Cleveland isn't going to help.

But who the heck knows? God knows I've been wrong before.

I'm sure he's a nice kid and all, I just don't think he has "it" to be a starter in the NFL.

That may be, but he just seemed like a real good person and, Des' hilarity aside lol, I was just wondering if that feeling was something backed up by people's experiences or if I had missed out on the news reports of his being behind 9/11 or something. I mean, usually I assume that a guy isn't a total doucher to be fair, but sometimes you think you get a real glimpse into someone's character through their deportment.

Jason was like that, especially when he was addressing the press after Sean's death.

I will root for him and while I think he has some ability, it's not a sure bet, obviously.

The guy was the starting QB for the University of Texas for four years, to say he was under a HUGE microscope and in a HUGE spotlight doesn't do his situation justice.........and there has never been one remotely negative thing about the kid to ever come out.

There will be no Big Ben issues with him, he is already engaged to a smokin' hot blonde......

Colt-mccoy-And-Rachel-Glandorf-Engaged-Photo.jpg

......and he is a stable guy who is all about football & family.

I watched every game he ever played in college and more than a few in person. He threw plenty of long passes.....I just don't understand some of these criticisms. The facts that he is barely over 6' 1" and that he comes from a spread offense are the only legit knocks against him. I have no problem with Cleveland waiting until the 3rd round to get him.

....but the kid is blood and guts man. If winning more games than any other QB in the history of football doesn't impress you, if having the most accurate season in the history of college football doesn't impress you (and this is playing in the Big 12 South, not the little leagues that Hawaii plays in) then you owe it to yourself to YouTube some of his highlights. You can't help but to be won over.

If winning more games than any other QB in the history of football doesn't impress you, if having the most accurate season in the history of college football doesn't impress you (and this is playing in the Big 12 South, not the little leagues that Hawaii plays in) then you owe it to yourself to YouTube some of his highlights. You can't help but to be won over.

I don't believe in Colt Brennan. The Cult drives me insane.

But he would have kicked so much butt in that Texas offense with that level of talent of around him.

From watching the Gruden QB Camp with McCoy, to this Path to the Draft (I need to finish yet another paper haha) and basically everything I ever see with him, he just is a mild-mannered, soft-voiced kid who seems positive about everything and just benevolent.
I think I saw that.

Was that where Gruden showed him a Drew Brees play where he recognized an Atlanta blitz and changed the protection up front leaving John Abraham completely unblocked?

That was insane.

I think I saw that.

Was that where Gruden showed him a Drew Brees play where he recognized an Atlanta blitz and changed the protection up front leaving John Abraham completely unblocked?

That was insane.

Yeah, had to be that one. He only had Bradford, Clausen, Tebow and McCoy I believe.

Recognition!! it's definitely not important. :evilg:

Anyone else get that feeling? Or am I totally judging a book by its cover and he actually used to set cats on fire, put the burning cats into bags and then throw those bags at children and the elderly?

That is the problem. QB's shouldn't be nice. An NFL QB needs to be somewhat aloof who has the unquestioned respect of his teammates because he is cool not because he is nice. Like Brady, Montana, Steve Young and even our very own Colt.

I don't believe in Colt Brennan. The Cult drives me insane.

But he would have kicked so much butt in that Texas offense with that level of talent of around him.

#1 The Texas D is always loaded but how much offensive talent did Colt have around him. No TEs (literally) and no NFL caliber RBs or O-line since his sophomore year. As for WRs, Jordan Shipley was a 3rd round pick and Quan Cosby went undrafted.

#2 Brennan doesn't have the brains or the mental fortitude to play QB at a place like Texas. Every place Texas goes, that is the other team's biggest game of the year. When Texas went to Wyoming last season, the Wyoming Governor declared it one of the biggest events in state history. Brennan NEVER experienced anything like taking the field against OU in the Red River Rivalry or playing in a BCS game against someone like Ohio State.

That is the problem. QB's shouldn't be nice. An NFL QB needs to be somewhat aloof who has the unquestioned respect of his teammates because he is cool not because he is nice. Like Brady, Montana, Steve Young and even our very own Colt.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

*mods: this isn't "spam" lol...it's a legitimate--and accurate--response to that post. :cool:

#2 Brennan doesn't have the brains or the mental fortitude to play QB at a place like Texas. Every place Texas goes, that is the other team's biggest game of the year. When Texas went to Wyoming last season, the Wyoming Governor declared it one of the biggest events in state history. Brennan NEVER experienced anything like taking the field against OU in the Red River Rivalry or playing in a BCS game against someone like Ohio State.

Again, not a big Brennan guy.

But you know who didn't exactly shine in big games this year?

The other Colt.

Wish both them well though.

The other Colt.

Let's look at Colt McCoy's history in big games.......3 for 4 in bowl games (and Texas was dominating until he got hurt against Bama), 3 for 4 against his biggest rival (OU), he won his only conference title game.......McCoy was incredible in big games. Compare that to someone like Sam Bradford......1 for 3 in starts against Texas, he lost every Bowl game he ever had, in Bradford's Heisman season he only played 2 elite teams and he lost to both by double digits.

The players love Colt. That is a fact. They don't even have to be paid an appearance fee by Disney to hang out with him.

No, it's the "Brady...Montana...Young...Colt!" comment lol :ols:

Besides, something tells me that the level of "unquestioned respect" that Colt may have from his team mates isn't anywhere in the same category of what QBs like Brady, Montana and Young received from THEIR team mates. Being a consistent winner and leading your team to Super Bowl wins tends to garner a tad more "unquestioned respect" than an afternoon at Disneyland does.So, yeah...throwing Colt into the mix deserved a few :rotflmao: emoticons lol..

The other Colt.

I think youre off base there Hooper. How did he not shine in big games? Texas got to the National Championship game through the Big 12. Of course McCoy got hurt in the Championship so we wont know how Texas would have done with him but I personally dont think Alabama would have been able to keep up with Colt.

McCoy, in my opinion, will turn out to be the best quarterback in this class. All he did at Texas was win games. He didnt have the best skill guys around him. This myth that all he did was throw dump-offs and screens will be disproven sooner rather than later. Its a little unfortunate that he got picked by Cleveland but his athleticism and accuracy would get him on the field no matter what city he played in.

Plus, I think Nibbs is right. He seems like a very conscientious, humble, intelligent kid who wants to work. I can see him having a long and productive career in the NFL. Reminds me of Jeff Garcia the way he can move and get outside the pocket but his arm is a little better and he has some more size on him.

I wish the Redskins had a shot at him, I think he would be perfect for Shanahan.

Drunkenstein said it, youtube the kid and you will see. Hes a beast.

Archived