Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM/PFT: (JLC) Haynesworth trade expected now

Rypien1191

I would trade him for a 3rd rounder.

There is a new culture as Redskins park. GM/Coaches > Players. Players no longer run the show and do as they please. They do what they are told and earn their money like employees should.

He was a FA. We only wasted money on him (Dan's money). He does not want to play here. He does not buy into our system. He does not respect our staff. Time to go.

Next year we are going 7-9 or 8-8 at best with our schedule. Time to build with youth.

I would love two 3rds for him, but I would take one.

Bottom line, if we trade him for a 3rd, look at the bright side. We picked him up as a free agent, and got a trade pick out of him.

True, Dan spent a lot of money on him, but why do we care? Not our money. LOL, it will be like basically spending $40 million for a 3rd rounder.

Then why not just buy pick #33 from the rams for $20 million. Cheaper, at half the price. Then they can afford Bradford.

Bro, we aren't going to change the defense we planned on running for one player.

Whether we agree with the 3-4/4-3 hybrid or not, that's our defense. If Albert doesn't want to play in it, he needs to be moved.

I don't blame him for not being happy. But its a team thing. If he wanted to be here he'd suck it up and play and play his hardest without showing any signs of being upset(and he very well may still do that), if he doesn't then he'll be moved most likely. It would be what HAS to happen, should it occur.

You can't say he wants to be on the Redskins if he doesn't want to play in our defense. He wants to be in a 4-3, which is not the full-time Redskin defense.

So you are saying that all his skill and talent doesn't fit in the so called 3-4/4-3 hybrid D? There has to be a position suiting his style of play other than NT in this hybrid... and AH said in his last interview that he is fine with that... AH met Shannon the very first day and gave him reasons as to why he wants to workout on his on unlike last year... Shannon should give him the benefit of doubt... he wants to be the best in the league which I think he not that far behind anyway...

Plenty of players kick and scream to get traded but look at what those teams get for those players. Everyone knew B Marshall would get traded and the Broncos got 2 2nd rounder for him. You dont think that AH is just as important on D as B Marshall on O??? I think 2 2nd rounders or something close to that is what we need to get for AH or keep him.

we will not get a better deal than the 13th pick in the 3rd round. There might be an additional conditional pick in next year's draft, but I think this will be the deal today for Big Al.

Yeah, if we force the issue and trade him now. Or we could hold him and hope that 1) his value increases, or 2) he actually fits into the scheme.

Selling now is guaranteeing a loss on the investment (or ensures that the best we can get is a 3rd)...I'd be like selling all your stocks the day after the market crashed.

He's a lot more valuable to us than a 3rd round pick I can assure you of that.

But either way you cut it, you are setting a precident. A dangerous one.

Are we really at the point of no return here?

Quite frankly, none of us know the answer to your question. Not you, not myself and pretty much no one else here knows exactly what's REALLY going on. Which is why I posted under the premise that it may be true. I still have serious doubts that any of this information is quality.

The media keeps getting proven wrong about the situation, so I find it difficult to believe much of anything they've said in regards to it.

Quite frankly, none of us know the answer to your question. Not you, not myself and pretty much no one else here knows exactly what's REALLY going on. Which is why I posted under the premise that it may be true. I still have serious doubts that any of this information is quality.

The media keeps getting proven wrong about the situation, so I find it difficult to believe much of anything they've said in regards to it.

Oh I agree, I am just making the case that trading him now ensures we will not get fair value for him.

Maybe behind the scenes they are viewing this as minimizing our losses; this assumes though that Haynesworth is going to be less valuable to the team than a 3rd round pick this year, which even at the level he played last year, is a ridiculous premise IMO.

So you are saying that all his skill and talent doesn't fit in the so called 3-4/4-3 hybrid D? There has to be a position suiting his style of play other than NT in this hybrid... and AH said in his last interview that he is fine with that... AH met Shannon the very first day and gave him reasons as to why he wants to workout on his on unlike last year... Shannon should give him the benefit of doubt... he wants to be the best in the league which I think he not that far behind anyway...

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if he does want out and that's the reason for it, we need to move him.

I don't know that he's excited or not excited to play nose, or end. To be honest. None of us do. Everything here is speculation. So working with the speculation that he does want to be moved because he doesn't want to play in this D, then yes, he needs to be moved.

Working under the speculation that he doesn't mind playing in the defense, it would be foolish to trade him.

Now, it remains to be seen which is correct.

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that if he does want out and that's the reason for it, we need to move him.

I don't know that he's excited or not excited to play nose, or end. To be honest. None of us do. Everything here is speculation. So working with the speculation that he does want to be moved because he doesn't want to play in this D, then yes, he needs to be moved.

Working under the speculation that he doesn't mind playing in the defense, it would be foolish to trade him.

Now, it remains to be seen which is correct.

I agree! I hope he stays here and we sack and cause fumbles against every QB we play... hope he gets back in shape like he has promised...

KDawg is correct.

Here is a good analogy:

You are a WR on the team. In the offseason, the team decides to switch from a Coryell offense, to a WCO. You are pissed.

So does that now mean that all of our WRS should just walk? Whine, cry, and come in out of shape?

Meanwhile, the team is paying you $40 million?

Please. He is being paid extremely well to play football. He can adapt.

If he can't, then get rid of him.

So let's review:

Our coach said there are no plans to trade AH.

Jeff Fisher said the door is closed on any trade for AH.

AH himself said he has no problem playing with the Redskins and will do what he's told.

JLC says AH will be traded possibly to Tennessee for a 3rd rounder and everyone buys it. LOL

youre going to look very silly in about 2 hours. :) oh, and we'll get a 2nd. :)

KDawg is correct.

Here is a good analogy:

You are a WR on the team. In the offseason, the team decides to switch from a Coryell offense, to a WCO. You are pissed.

So does that now mean that all of our WRS should just walk? Whine, cry, and come in out of shape?

Oh gosh, help me, but I agree with McD5.

Kdawg is correct.

Here is a good analogy:

AH said he will not take part in the voluntary workouts due to bad experience last year and he will work on his own to get back to his proball shape... at least this is what he said!

Archived