Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM/PFT: (JLC) Haynesworth trade expected now

Rypien1191

Oh ye of little faith. You point out that Shanahan has said T.O. is not in the Redskins plans and whole heartedly believe his honesty.

How is it that when Shanahan said Haynesworth is not available via trade you lose faith? Could it be you want to believe Shanahan when it comes to T.O. and will quote him at length but when it comes to Haynesworth you ignore his previous statements?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/18/shanahan-says-there-have-been-no-haynesworth-trade-talks-at-all/

And so it's no surprise that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan now says not only that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth isn't available via trade, but also that the team has not discussed trading any player on the roster since Shanahan joined the organization.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/comments/team-denies-haynesworth-rumors-353857.html

"There has been no mention of trading Haynesworth or any other players," Shanahan said Sunday after the third and final minicamp practice. "The only person I've allowed to talk to other teams is Jason Campbell. I want to get a feel for what we have. I'm not looking to trade anybody."

Unless he was lying about AH, which means he may have been lying about T.O. Hmmmm.

Shannahan just said Haynesworth will NOT be traded!!
"No it's not gonna happen. Albert Haynesworth will not be traded."

- Mike Shanahan

hopefully its true.
Shanny just said on the NFL network that there is no chance he trades Big Al!

Yes' date=' but did he have his fingers crossed at the time? lol...

One great way to start to lose your players' confidence? Go on national TV and swear that a player is [b']not going to be traded[/b]...and then trade him anyways soon afterwards. I wanna believe Shanahan isn't that dense.

Shanahan said that Haynesworth has never been actively shopped but that is contradicted by the details that emerged from the McNabb trade.

I wouldn't believe anything these guys say now as the action is unfolding.

Fisher said he didn't want Haynesworth now after taking a DE at #16.

But for a rebuilding defense what would be better than getting a penetrating DT to go with him for a pick in round 3?

By saying he is no longer interested, he is perhaps raising the stakes on the Skins to accept less in a trade.

Schefter has been wrong as much as the others.

No one has really had a good bead on what Shanahan has ultimately done personnel-wise in FA and the draft.

Remember 6 weeks ago when people were saying that there is NO WAY that Shanahan gets out of this draft (ie Round 1) without taking a young quarterback to groom?

Then the hammer came down on the McNabb trade and all these guys ran for cover.

Schefter guaranteed that Bradford was going to the Rams a LONG time ago. He was also the only guy saying the Redskins wouldn't be signing the big names at the start of free agency.

Haha, Shanny just say he is not trading Haynesworth.

Can we make NNT avatars JLC moving forward please?

I think this should happen.

As far as the trade, now they can keep him, or say we got an offer we couldn't refuse.

This statement really says our FO is good at what it does, but that's about it.

Great analogy. People are so concerned about what we'd get in return for Albert. They're completely underestimating the value of getting this knucklehead out of the locker room.

Except he's not a knucklehead, he had a contract with his trainer to return to even more dominant form (and hopefully be USED as they said he would be) and is doing so.

I think we have a bunch of hearsay, and worse, JLC inventing **** again and now we have to hear it non-stop because JLC wants to, through repetitive reporting, make this a story. Media generating stories and attitudes is clearly something that happens all the time, though I suppose we don't think of it in sports as much.

You and bulldog have a bug in your ear about haynesworth because you've bought into the BS. Open your eyes, look for alternative outlets that are not intent on MAKING and SHAPING news, as well as reporting it.

Shanahan said that Haynesworth has never been actively shopped but that is contradicted by the details that emerged from the McNabb trade.

I wouldn't believe anything these guys say now as the action is unfolding.

Fisher said he didn't want Haynesworth now after taking a DE at #16.

But for a rebuilding defense what would be better than getting a penetrating DT to go with him for a pick in round 3?

By saying he is no longer interested, he is perhaps raising the stakes on the Skins to accept less in a trade.

Look at my quote above.... Shanahan is quoted as saying no player not even AH has been talked about in any trade talks and none are available via trade since he's been hired as the Redskins HC, except JC.

But.... like you said the Eagles have confirmed that AH has been offered as trade bait with them for McNabb. Sooooo, who's lying?

Archived