Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter - Marshall to Dolphins (2nd this year & 2nd/3rd next year)

Area51

I know it's wishful thinking, but TK has been alluding to it all week. I had faith.

I felt the same way when rumors surfaced that McNabb was going to be traded. I had faith and hoped he wouldn't be traded but in the end he was traded to the Redskins. The best bet for the Skins is to trade out of pick #4 and get more picks. This is a deep draft and there are OL that you can draft further down that could help the team. I would also sign a few FA's like Adams as either a back-up or to fill in untill whoever you draft is ready. You also need to hope Campbell and Haynesworth nets you a few picks in the 2nd and 3rd.

Do you think we could have waited on McNabb, gotten Marshall and then traded for McNabb after with either picks next yr or players?

Nope. Philly didn't want anyone on our roster, they wanted something for McNabb this year so future picks were still out of the question. We didn't have the ammo to pull off both trades. Now had Denver kept Marshall past the Draft, then there would have a been a chance they'd have unloaded him at a fire sale price where we would've had a much better chance to get him with future a pick(s).

I don't agree at all. A 2nd and 3rd for a 34 year old QB, or a 2nd and a 2nd for a 24 year old WR who hasn't peaked yet and is already top 5 WR in the game?

Top five? :poke:

1 Andre Johnson, WR HOU 101 170 1569 15.5 9 72 22 98.1 1 427 69

2 Wes Welker, WR NWE 123 162 1348 11.0 4 58 8 96.3 1 585 71

3 Miles Austin, WR DAL 81 125 1320 16.3 11 60 21 82.5 1 437 59

4 Sidney Rice, WR MIN 83 122 1312 15.8 8 63 19 82.0 1 265 59

5 Randy Moss, WR NWE 83 138 1264 15.2 13 71 18 79.0 2 285 62

Reggie Wayne, WR IND 100 149 1264 12.6 10 65 20 79.0 0 339 73

7 Santonio Holmes, WR PIT 79 138 1248 15.8 5 57 21 78.0 0 391 63

8 Steve Smith, WR NYG 107 159 1220 11.4 7 51 14 76.3 0 202 61

9 Hines Ward, WR PIT 95 137 1167 12.3 6 54 15 72.9 2 354 56

Vincent Jackson, WR SDG 68 107 1167 17.2 9 55 17 77.8 0 180 58

RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN

DeSean Jackson, WR PHI 63 118 1167 18.5 9 71 18 77.8 2 316 41

12 Antonio Gates, TE SDG 79 114 1157 14.6 8 56 18 72.3 1 453 61

13 Roddy White, WR ATL 85 165 1153 13.6 11 90 13 72.1 1 331 54

14 Brandon Marshall, WR DEN 101 154 1120 11.1 10 75 11 74.7 0 457 56

I felt the same way when rumors surfaced that McNabb was going to be traded. I had faith and hoped he wouldn't be traded but in the end he was traded to the Redskins. The best bet for the Skins is to trade out of pick #4 and get more picks. This is a deep draft and there are OL that you can draft further down that could help the team. I would also sign a few FA's like Adams as either a back-up or to fill in untill whoever you draft is ready. You also need to hope Campbell and Haynesworth nets you a few picks in the 2nd and 3rd.

Absolutely. Exactly how I feel.

We already have our brandon marshall/anquan boldin in Devin Thomas.....

We have 2 young STUD TEs and 1 blocking TE....

We have 2 Vertical threats in Kelly and Marko....

We have speedy threats like Moss....

We have other needs besides WR...Now that we have our QB for the next 3-4 years.....the rest of this offseason shuld be focused on RB, OL, LBs, NT, DEs..

Now hes on a run oriented team and has Chad Henne throwing to him. This should end well.

Why do people hate??? I hope you weren't being sarcastic... If u are a fan of the game..u have to respect this move.

Chad Henne is a great QB btw. Its a run-based wildcat team that was already hard to contain...Now you add a dynamic threat like Marshall to jump up for it when defenders are ready for the run....you also have speed threats like Ted Ginn on the vertical and Davon Bess in the slot...Henne is an ACCURATE passer....which will make this team very hard to prepare for in the future...

I thnk its a great move and I look forward to seeing the Jets and Dolphins excelling and going at it this decade....

****I seee your a Jets fan 2...well its going to be fun watchng this Jets/Dolphins rivalry heat up this decade...as long as the Patriots era has ended..Im fine with it*********

you know the more i think about it... the more i'd be sick to my stomach if i was the broncos owner. he shouldn't have fired shanahan... he should have just asked him to get a new defensive coordinator. Instead now what COULD have been 10 years of an explosive offense is now:

Mike Shanahan fired

Jay Cutler traded

Brandon Marshall traded

Imagine if the Saints got impatient with Sean Payton and fired him after a couple of average seasons and then traded Drew Brees and Marques Colston. There is a lot of pressure on Josh McDaniels to make those picks he got for Cutler and Marshall work out... I'll tell you that.

We already have our brandon marshall/anquan boldin in Devin Thomas.....

We have 2 young STUD TEs and 1 blocking TE....

We have 2 Vertical threats in Kelly and Marko....

We have speedy threats like Moss....

We have other needs besides WR...Now that we have our QB for the next 3-4 years.....the rest of this offseason shuld be focused on RB, OL, LBs, NT, DEs..

I'd say 2-3 years on QB position at best, but besides that minor detail you typed the words right off of my keyboard I completely agree.

You forgot to add that Marshall is a headcase. How many times a game does a WR touch the ball during a game as opposed to the QB?

How many top WRs aren't headcases? Let's see, Fitzgerald, Wayne, and Greg Jennings?

Headcases: TO, Steve Smith, Moss, Marshall, OchoCinco, maybe Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams.

IMO Marshall for a two 2nds is a steal. Proven 26 yr old WR, at the top of his game. He made Kyle Orton look like a decent QB.

Marshall trade > McNabb trade

who says we can't develop our own Brandon Marshall? The last 2 years need to be taken with a grain of salt, as far as player development goes. We had a coaching staff that was under prepared and unequipped to deal with game-planing on a weekly basis, let alone teaching fundamentals and developing our young players.

I think DT, MK, Moss, Cooley and Davis will make us all forget about Brandon Marshall. We need to solidify our OL and add depth to our defense ... not another WR. I'm glad he's not in the NFC East though, he is a dynamic player. I just think its time we develop our own skill players.

How many top WRs aren't headcases? Let's see, Fitzgerald, Wayne, and Greg Jennings?

Headcases: TO, Steve Smith, Moss, Marshall, OchoCinco, maybe Boldin, Braylon Edwards, Roy Williams.

IMO Marshall for a two 2nds is a steal. Proven 26 yr old WR, at the top of his game. He made Kyle Orton look like a decent QB.

Marshall trade > McNabb trade

Um.... Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Sidney Rice, Miles Austin aren't headcases.... and i consider those guys at least on par (Andre Johnson the best reciever in the NFL) with Marshall.

As great as he is and will support any moves the FO make, I am glad we didnt get him.

Sure he would be an upgrade, but we dont even know what we have in all of our WR's and QB with the new directnio we are heading in.

This^^

Plus the fact we have bigger areas of need like O-Line. I think Devin and Malcolm showed enough flashes last season, especially Thomas, to be given a bigger role.

Top five? :poke:

Wow...do stat boys even watch games in the NFL?

1 Andre Johnson - Arguably the best WR in the NFL.

2 Wes Welker - Sorry he isn't even a #1 WR.

3 Miles Austin - One Good year...One year wonder?

4 Sidney Rice - Are you serious, just escaped bust status this past season?

5 Randy Moss - On the steady decline, isn't as complete as Marshall.

6. Reggie Wayne - Top 5 WR in the NFL.

7 Santonio Holmes - Top 10 NFL WR...Too inconsistent.

8 Steve Smith - Top 5 WR in the NFL...declining. Lack of a decent QB maybe?

9 Hines Ward - Solid, Solid player, not top 5 in anyone's list though.

10 Vincent Jackson - Solid WR, not in the top 5.

11 DeSean Jackson - Cracking the Top 5 List, another great season will do it.

12 Antonio Gates - Top 5 TE in the NFL. Isn't the category WRs?

13 Roddy White - Made the Pro Bowl, but was near bust status as well. Just reclaiming his career.

Here's a more valid Top 5 NFL WR list (In no particular order):

1. - Larry Fitzgerald

2. - Brandon Marshall

3. - Andre Johnson

4. - Reggie Wayne

5. - Steve Smith

Players who could crack this list at any given time as a toss up: Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Randy Moss, DeShaun Jackson.

I can't go with guys like Welker and Austin. Guys like that are not #1 targets and don't get the attention of the defense that the #1 guy does. Anyone like that is not Top 5 in the league. I can't go with a guy like Randy Moss either, as his age is beginning to reveal one of his greatest weaknesses, which is versatility. He's not running right by guys anymore and he's not tough enough to consistently go over the middle.

Archived