Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Via Adam Schefter - Marshall to Dolphins (2nd this year & 2nd/3rd next year)

Area51

How much longer is McNabb going to have an impact, tho? While Marshall's best days are potentially still ahead of him, you can't say the same for McNabb.

Personally, I wouldn't have done either deal for our team. The move does make sense for the Fins, who need impact receivers badly.

Hopefully we can get three years from Donovan. I think that that’s all anyone is hoping for. We draft a quarterback in the early rounds of next years draft and we let the Shanahan’s get him ready for Donovan’s third or fourth year. Trading for him allowed us to address both the quarterback and left tackle positions this year. That's why I like the trade.

Hopefully we can get three years from Donovan. I think that that’s all anyone is hoping for. We draft a quarterback in the early rounds of next years draft and we let the Shanahan’s get him ready for Donovan’s third or fourth year. Trading for him allowed us to address both the quarterback and left tackle positions this year. That's why I like the trade.

If we were looking for a caretaker before the next guy, we could have just used Campbell or Grossman for that purpose. They wouldn't have cost draft picks.

This is a "win now" move. If you don't win a Super Bowl because of this move, it is pretty much wasted picks, since it did nothing for the long-term future of the team.

If we were looking for a caretaker before the next guy, we could have just used Campbell or Grossman for that purpose. They wouldn't have cost draft picks.

This is a "win now" move. If you don't win a Super Bowl because of this move, it is pretty much wasted picks, since it did nothing for the long-term future of the team.

Why does it have to be a superbowl win?

Yes, it may seem like a win now move, and IMO thats what this team needs, is some wins.

We need to show the league that we can be a competitive team, not the doormat at 4-12 like last year.

No we may not make it to the big game, but we should be at least 8-8, probally 9-6 or better. If we can wok our way into a playoff game then the McNabb trade was worth it.

So many complaining about giving up a second rounder, as if we were going to draft a stud in the second.

It would be interesting to know what percentage of second round picks have made it to the starting position.

I don't believe that Donovan is a caretaker at all. We are in a win now mode like every other football team in the league. No team mentions the rebuild word and I'm fine with that. I think that we will be somewhere around .500 this year. Due to the difficulty of our schedule that is not a record that Jason was capable of leading us to. With a year under Donovan and another draft under our belt I see no reason why we will not be competitive in the 2011 season.

We had interest but the price had to be low enough.

And Denver didn't want JC last year or this year.

Who can blame them? We have JC and I didn't want him here last year or this year. At least we looked into this. I would have liked Marshall but not at that price.

Makes that trade Dallas did for Roy Williams look stupid

Trading anything for Roy Williams was stupid before this went down :silly:

miami is the perfect city for marshall... under/over on his next suspension: 3 months...

Perfect city to see his career die in. Who's going to throw Marshall the ball? His stats are tanking for sure there, wont have 1000 yards next year. He's done being a playmaker in this league

Perfect city to see his career die in. Who's going to throw Marshall the ball? His stats are tanking for sure there, wont have 1000 yards next year. He's done being a playmaker in this league

Chad Henne played pretty well last year. If he had a 1000 yards under Orton I think he will probably have a 1000+ under Henne. Assuming he doesn't get suspended.

I think the Dolphins did well. This guy is a headache, yes, but he's also a stud. 3 straight years w/ 100+ receptions, 20 catches in 1 game w/ Orton at QB. I think it's a good trade for them. Unfortunately, we didn't have the ammo to get him. Would have been nice to hook him up w/ McNabb. Oh well.

Not for two second round picks and a 4 year, 47.5 millon dollar contract. Ouch. That deal will come back to bite them.

Chad Henne played pretty well last year. If he had a 1000 yards under Orton I think he will probably have a 1000+ under Henne. Assuming he doesn't get suspended.

Serious? Henne wasn't a top 20 QB last year and Miami is a run first offense and that's not going to change this year. Miami's other WR's are Ted Ginn, Greg Camarillo, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline who are all garbage which means they have no one to take heat away from Marshall. In Denver he had a bonifide opposite threat next to him, in Miami he won't. Marshall won't have 1000 yards this year, his value just tanked with this move.

1. - Larry Fitzgerald

2. - Brandon Marshall

3. - Andre Johnson

4. - Reggie Wayne

5. - Steve Smith

Oh hell no. Andre Johnson is FAR and away the number 1 in this league. Lets see how good Fitzs gonna be now that they can double him, and now that he doesn't have Warner throwing to him. I'd take Johnson over Fitzgerald any day.

Anyway, I'm glad Marshall's not here as it gives us time to develop out talent but you gotta ask; what is McDaniels doing over their?!?! He's traded his franchise QB, his best WR, his best HB's, and last year drafted what may be a sub-par back in the first. If he goes 4-12 next year, I wouldn't be surprised; he's worse then Zorn right now.

Anyway, I'm glad Marshall's not here as it gives us time to develop out talent but you gotta ask; what is McDaniels doing over their?!?! He's traded his franchise QB, his best WR, his best HB's, and last year drafted what may be a sub-par back in the first. If he goes 4-12 next year, I wouldn't be surprised; he's worse then Zorn right now.

Sure that's one way to look at it. Or you could look at it as McDaniels traded away Cutler and Marshall, his two biggest headaches, for two 1sts, two seconds, 1 third round pick and Kyle Orton...which I think is pretty awesome. He did open a hole for himself and needs to get a new WR but while Brandon was setting records for most catches in a game, he was also disappearing in other games and not helping his team win and over all being a real neusance. I think Josh McDaniels is doing a great job in Denver with these moves.

Serious? Henne wasn't a top 20 QB last year and Miami is a run first offense and that's not going to change this year. Miami's other WR's are Ted Ginn, Greg Camarillo, Davone Bess and Brian Hartline who are all garbage which means they have no one to take heat away from Marshall. In Denver he had a bonifide opposite threat next to him, in Miami he won't. Marshall won't have 1000 yards this year, his value just tanked with this move.

Have to disagree with you there. Last season Brandon Marshall was pretty much all the Broncos had at WR. Eddie Royal was nonexistent, Tony Scheffler was pretty much the same and Jabar Gaffney is not what I'd consider a "bonafide threat" playing opposite Marshall.

If Ted Ginn Jr. can remember how to use his hands, the Dolphins actually have some weapons at WR, with Marshall and Ginn, also if Fasano continues to come on strong they'll be even stronger. I think this was a good move for the Dolphins, Henne now has someone that he can depend on at WR.

stats say something but they certainly don't tell the whole story. Marshall has had 3 100 reception seasons in a row with 2 different quarterbacks. He is also just entering into the prime of his career. Also every single WR in front of him on that list had a better quarterback than Kyle Orton. If you want to argue that he isn't worth the trade because of behavior concerns thats valid, but he is a top 5 wide receiver in the league and he has proven it over the past 3 seasons. 300+ receptions for nearly 4,000 yards and 25 touchdowns over the past 3 years is top 5 production and that discounts the fact that he is entering the prime of his career while others like Moss are exiting it.

Agree that stats don't tell the entire story, but he is only listed by you as a top five wideout, so it is your opinion. I think the fact that the Bronco's rely heavily on the pass and that Marshall is the best wideout they had is the reason his yardage was so good. Yes two probowls in a row certainly makes him popular, but I think with the right passer and time to throw one of the young guys already on the Skins could easily be a 1000+ wideout. So why trade picks for a risky headcase? btw, check the Broncs record with the all world Marshall.

Sure that's one way to look at it. Or you could look at it as McDaniels traded away Cutler and Marshall, his two biggest headaches, for two 1sts, two seconds, 1 third round pick and Kyle Orton...which I think is pretty awesome. He did open a hole for himself and needs to get a new WR but while Brandon was setting records for most catches in a game, he was also disappearing in other games and not helping his team win and over all being a real neusance. I think Josh McDaniels is doing a great job in Denver with these moves.

Okay, so he just has to hit on his Future QB and his future number 1 receiver with those picks; not to bad. Face it, you can't drop both those guys and not expect the overall teams performance to drop. I liked McDaniels for his energy on the sideline, and his enthusiasm, but the guy just isn't doing a good job as a Coach right now. To me he's the next Zorn.

He would have problems working hard enough and learning Kyles routes.

This is great news. Now we don't have to worry about him coming here. He can now be a problem in Miami instead of Denver. He will be a problem wherever he is.

Interesting. That's two descent draft picks for him. Denver could be loading up between this year and next year.

So the question is - what, if anything, can the dolphins get for their former top-ten pick WR Ted Ginn...

Ted Ginn is garbage they won't be able to get much for him..that Holmes trade messed that up a little bit I think. Ginn is terrible. I hope they keep him.

Well seeing as how we have never made the playoffs with Campbell as QB, the playoffs would be a nice start under McNabb and even if we aren't able to make a SB with him, we will at least make the playoffs with him. That I'm sure of. With Jason? Not so much.

Archived