Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: McNabb deal 'dumbest trade ever'

vigilante

Just wait until Kolb has a bad game and Eagles' fans get on him. He will start to feel what McNabb went through for 11 years in Philly.

It's fine to boo poor performers, or teams that are consistently bad. The Nationals in Washington qualify :)

But for the Philly fans to boo Mike Schmidt and guys like Donovan McNabb, it just shows how classless they are.

The idea of gloating makes me nervous, especially when Philly has 11 picks in the draft. The Eagles are quietly putting the pieces together to be very good for a very long time.

I dunno McNabb was there last true leader on the team. So whos going to be the leader, locker room guy now? McNabb, Dawkins, Westbrook all gone. When the Sh*t hits the fan i see them losing control of the ship..

Umm, Holmgren is running the Browns now.

How many wangs can you measure in two minutes! I'll pass on that one, myself, thanks.

He's not against it, just thinks the Eagles were using bad judgement in sending McNabb to a division rival.

He's gotta get his post count up so he can use the McNugget avatar! :saber:

Not to sharp are ya? Thanks for the clarification!:doh:

Not to sharp are ya? Thanks for the clarification!:doh:

I...guess...not? You said he'd take Clausen if the QB was there when the Seahawks picked. Holmgren used to be with them' date=' so... Am I missing something? Maybe I'm not ninja enough to understand your banter.

And it's "too", not "to". (Sharper than ya think!)

I...guess...not? You said he'd take Clausen if the QB was there when the Seahawks picked. Holmgren used to be with them, so... Am I missing something? Maybe I'm not ninja enough to understand your banter.

And it's "too", not "to". (Sharper than ya think!)

Actually I'm not to quick my bad, I new he was in Cleveland I was just referring to Hasselbech because that is what he had running his offense in Seattle, when I referenced Hasselbech I must of had Seattle on the brain, didn't even realize I mentioned Seattle, thought I referenced Holmgren at the end of my statement, again my bad!

Actually I'm not to quick my bad' date=' I new he was in Cleveland I was just referring to Hasselbech because that is what he had running his offense in Seattle, when I referenced Hasselbech I must of had Seattle on the brain, didn't even realize I mentioned Seattle, thought I referenced Holmgren at the end of my statement, again my bad![/quote']

It's cool, man. It does seem weird that he is not in Seattle anymore, but then it was freaky when he went there because I associated him with GB so strongly. Here's my thing about the Browns drafting Clausen: they just got rid of Notre Dame's last golden boy QB, and he was a bust. Why would they take a chance on doing that all over again, and if you do go through with it, how do you sell that to the fans? Who was the last really good QB to come out of Notre Dame? They seem to have been a bust factory for some time now.

Tell you what. When the Redskins win something OTHER than the offseason, I'll call it a good deal. Until then, why in the world, after year after year of high profile offseason moves and disastrous regular seasons would I jump in and call it a great move?

Correct me if I'm wrong but an offseason move isn't a good one unless the team wins, right? So the best people can really say is it is a "potentially" good move, until something actually happens.

It's cool, man. It does seem weird that he is not in Seattle anymore, but then it was freaky when he went there because I associated him with GB so strongly. Here's my thing about the Browns drafting Clausen: they just got rid of Notre Dame's last golden boy QB, and he was a bust. Why would they take a chance on doing that all over again, and if you do go through with it, how do you sell that to the fans? Who was the last really good QB to come out of Notre Dame? They seem to have been a bust factory for some time now.

IMO I think Holmgren is in love with Clausen, He's the quintessential west coast offense QB, I firmly beleive he's been posturing hoping Clausen will fall to him, I say we force him to move up, then we take what ever tackle is available at 7. We can force his hand with a call to Buffalo, we can get a 2nd out of him or Buffalo whomever ponies up. We have to many needs right now, we need draft picks this draft to much talent out there to miss out.

I would even go as far as drafting Clausen to show Holmgren we mean business, personally I would have kept our 2nd, drafted Clausen, and took a tackle with our 2nd. Regardless Clausen can sit behind McNabb until he's ready.

The real problem is the fact that we toss our picks away like dirty rags for a talent rich draft we could have really done a whole lot rebuilding with, 1 player at any position will have minimal impact on our success, and the 1 position that could really impact us IMO has been filled by a washed up QB.

The conversation and argument about who came from what school seems to me to be a little...ignorant.

I know it SEEMS like it makes sense to criticize a player coming from a school that hasnt produced many good NFL QBs but I was surprised that when you actually stop to think about it, thats ALL of them. Every...single...one. We forget there are only 32 starting QBs in the NFL, and when a QB produces he tends to stay the starter for many years. So even if the top 32 colleges produces one great QB every 10 years and they played for 10 years(which isn't the case), each big school would only have produced 3 QB's in the last 30 years. USC has had the most NFL starters, and who from there is a good CURRENT NFL QB? Drew Brees only. Same with Notre Dame, same with Purdue, same with Washington and Michigan. In fact, no college has ever produced more than four 100 game NFL starters. Only 1 has produced more than 3. That means even the best schools only churn out a 6+ season NFL starter only once every 10-20 years.

So, I think considering that, the whole argument about what school a player came from is pretty meaningless.

Eagles did play great whenever McNabb was out... remember Jeff Garcia?? It is alright for a few games, but I wonder if it can be sustained...

Without Westbrook they are a shell of themselves... Westbrook was the MVP...

When Jeff Garcia was QBing the Eagles, they had a 50/50 run/pass split. That's why I feel the Eagles never won a Super Bowl. Andy Reid always gets away from the run. Even when McNabb was going off of his knee injury Philly had the worst pass to run balance in the league.

I never understood what the Eagles were doing. Outside of the TO signing, they didn't give McNabb any weapons until they netted Jackson and Maclin in the last two years. You don't have franchise QB for 11 years and only give him weapons for 3 of those years. It was moronic.

Archived