Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deion: McNabb deal 'dumbest trade ever'

vigilante

Philly is building themselves some kind of offensive monster that they are going to let grow up and play together. Kolb (25), Shady (21), DeSean (23), Maclin (21), and Celek (25) are going to potentially be a scary combo in the coming years.

They have 10 picks and four in the first 3 rounds. Philly is on the right track to rebuild. They've also got Jason Peters who isn't old, and the ammunition to set every other position on their line easily if they want to. They've also got a nasty DT tandem and solid Dline overall and a pretty good young MLB. If they draft some outside guys and a secondary, they will be an absolute force.

I don't put a lot of stock into what Deion says but we did weaken a divisional opponent at the same time we upgraded ourselves.

This trade also reminds me of the Giants always kicking our asses after getting Antonio Pierce and him knowing our plays and tendencies.

DM knows Andy Reid inside out and all their audibles. Of course the Eagles will make some changes but DM will still own them in those areas.

Can we please stop this Eagles gave us McNabb to prevent us from getting Bradford nonsense. Bradford's a nice prospect but so was Ryan Leaf. There's no way you give up a prven QB to prevent another team from taking a chance on a rookie. What gives me pause is that the Eagles current brass has a pretty good track record with personnel. That makes me feel like maybe McNabb is actually done or close to it. If memory serves, the Eagles had either one or zero wins over teams with winning records last year.

I feel like the best case scenario for the 'Skins is that we bring in a young QB (maybe not this year) and extend McNabb if he can still get it done. Then while we make significant improvements to the line, the new guy can sit behind McNabb for a year or two. This way when he steps in, he'll be behind protection and maybe will have learned a thing or two from the veteran.

Can we please stop this Eagles gave us McNabb to prevent us from getting Bradford nonsense. Bradford's a nice prospect but so was Ryan Leaf. There's no way you give up a prven QB to prevent another team from taking a chance on a rookie. What gives me pause is that the Eagles current brass has a pretty good track record with personnel. That makes me feel like maybe McNabb is actually done or close to it. If memory serves, the Eagles had either one or zero wins over teams with winning records last year.

I feel like the best case scenario for the 'Skins is that we bring in a young QB (maybe not this year) and extend McNabb if he can still get it done. Then while we make significant improvements to the line, the new guy can sit behind McNabb for a year or two. This way when he steps in, he'll be behind protection and maybe will have learned a thing or two from the veteran.

I agree... it's a weird rumor and pure speculation by someone with WAY too much time on their hands to completey have some pipe dream about giving away their QB so another team can't draft a rookie...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

welcome McNabb!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait till next season
it cant be as bad as last season... obvioulsy we wont go superbowl in one season with him, but u can see a playoff appearance....the NFC east is a little shaky all around
id rather have him on my side than against me.... the eagles will be a lot worse off without him... we'll be great this year!!!!!!!!!!!
im still gonna miss ya J.C.!!!!!! campbell is my boy but what can ya do? we stilll need an offensive line BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other random thoughts that have nothing to do with the thread you'd like to share? :silly:

And maybe you can post a few more in a row. Because one post with all your thoughts wouldn't make any sense! :silly:

EDIT: But seriously man, the mods frown on this, you might want to watch it in the future.

:ols:

I'm surprised no one brought the Deion Sanders signing as the dumbest trade ever. Or the Archuleta one. Or the Brandon Lloyd one. Or the Jason Taylor one. Or the Jeremiah Trotter one. Or the promotion of the new OC to new HC two years ago. Or the Vinny statement about Samuels injury being in his head. Or the Vinny statement about his backup OL 'and all the sacks and stuff'. Or Vinny's explanation of BPA vs need.

Oh, I get it. I didn't understand from the title of the thread. This is the dumbest thing the Iggles have ever done. Sorry, I don't have that list stapled to my heart like the Redskins list, but I'll bet the Mcnabb trade will probably be on the Iggles list one day and not on the Skins.

I think personally Holmgren is in love with Clausen' date=' Clausen looks like a better version of Hasselbech, I would love to see him pass Clausen up if he's there when Seattle picks?

[/quote']

Umm, Holmgren is running the Browns now.

Bottom line being, the Eagles' FO would be taking a chance of not having McNabb on the team AND not having anything to show for it other than winning a dick measuring contest.

How many wangs can you measure in two minutes! I'll pass on that one, myself, thanks.

I wasn't sure about this trade until I saw Deon was against it. Now, brilliant!!!

He's not against it, just thinks the Eagles were using bad judgement in sending McNabb to a division rival.

Any other random thoughts that have nothing to do with the thread you'd like to share? :silly:

And maybe you can post a few more in a row. Because one post with all your thoughts wouldn't make any sense! :silly:

EDIT: But seriously man, the mods frown on this, you might want to watch it in the future.

:ols:

He's gotta get his post count up so he can use the McNugget avatar! :saber:

Archived