Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Quarterback Donovan McNabb goes from Eagles to Redskins (Player Reactions)

Ghost of

That doesn't take into account the mandatory holding penalty on Rabach on the one big play our offense has every game.

I'm assuming, now that Campbell is toast, our games won't be decided on a single penalty because the offense can't put up but one big play a game.

That doesn't take into account the mandatory holding penalty on Rabach on the one and only big play our offense has every game.

You're assuming, of course, that those holding penalties weren't what even allowed the big play to happen in the first place, allowing Campbell the time to mosey his way along on his reads and FINALLY see someone open downfield, the small percentage of the time that he did actually see it

I'm assuming, now that Campbell is toast, our games won't be decided on a single penalty because the offense can't put up but one big play a game.

Yeah I'm just glad Campbell is gone. Another season of him under center, I surely would have lost my sanity.

I love that our offense will have the ability to score at any time, with a playmaker under center:point2sky

Maybe he'll do better now that he has a qb that can call the protection scheme.

Maybe. Watching last season though if Rabach was in a crowded supermarket aisle and went trolley nose to trolley nose with a pensioner to make a gap you wouldn't put money on the pensioner going backwards....

That being said Shanny does a lot of roll outs so that should help, assuming we can get the Tackles needed to roll out left and right.

Of course the only good thing we had to say about Rabach last season was he called the protection, though in his defense he did have to get his butt higher with Zorn/Campbell. Maybe with McNabb and a lower ass he can hold up and we won't see the 3 step drop/hit we saw so often last season.

What is this blasphemy you speak of?

I thought playbooks, when executed correctly, were meant solely to set up a single attempt at a swinging gate play, which ultimately decides the outcome of the game?

Yeah I'm just glad Campbell is gone. Another season of him under center, I surely would have lost my sanity.

Watching him play may have been frustrating, but it was the JC apologists who threaten your sense of sanity.

"It's only been 50 starts, geez, give'em time!"

"But, but, his completion percentage keeps going up!!!"

I knew Alexander was versatile... but outside linebacker too?

Yeah, there was a big thread about it a couple months ago. I agree that it's kinda strange, but, hey, he's been one of the most versatile guys on the team for years, I'm not gonna doubt him until I see what he does on the field.

Artis Hicks said it best... he's been in this offense for 11 years and knows everything about the cowboys eagles and giants. The man went to the NFC Championship just two years ago and would've beaten the cowboys in the 2009 playoffs if Andy Reid had a running game. He has guided his team to the superbowl. What's not to like about this trade.

Like they are going to say something negative.

"This guy is old and couldn't do it in his prime."

They could have. Terrell Suggs made it known that he wanted Troy Smith to be the Ravens starter instead of Joe Flacco. Hines Ward publicly called out his qb last season. I've heard of some other players saying things that were less than positive about teammates.

Besides that, they didn't have to give him a ringing endorsement like that. They could have just said that the front office makes the decisions or something to that effect.

"....they finally have a leader...for 2 maybe 3 years"...then it's back to samo samo!

I think it will depend on if this is the last trade picks for a vet we do. Understandable to get the QB you think you need to win. Any other position and trading picks really is same old same old.

I'm hoping we offload ruthlessly for picks if given the opportunity too. Keep Orakpo, anyone and everyone else can go if we get decent value.

Time will tell but I hope those who pointed out the year on year rubbish drafting of our current FO aren't bumping posts soon.

I'll admit, my knee-jerk reaction was anger when I heard of the trade...

But I'm kind of excited about McNabb. I've always thought he was underrated; I mean, his top recievers for a while were Thrash and Pinkston; He had TO basically 1 year and Desean.

Being a professional means nothing in the NFL when our players speak of Campbell they praise his professionalism when they speak of McNabb they say "he's a face and a leader, an identity, to this offense" if I was JC I would feel slighted.

Why? Why? Why? He cannot win the big games. He was exhausted and out of breath in the one Super Bowl he got the Iggles to. Now he is HOW many years older?

I think McNabb is a big choke. So we have a better winning percentage. So what? He will choke...bank on it.

I am angry about this trade. We should have chosen a QB in the draft who could actually be groomed into a franchise QB. I could have put up with Grossman or Campbell for another year.

if one person says Championship, playoffs, or anything like that I will kick them

With what we've given up playoffs this year is the minimum. SB within 3 or it's a waste of draft picks at the expense of the future. As a Redskin fan you know this, it's what we do ;)

Archived