Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

alot of yankee fans are happy this deal fell through. they don't want to lose Montero, especially when their rotation is already strong as is.

It's a win-win for the Yanks.

They didn't give up their prized prospect... and they got the Rangers -- and not the Rays -- to pony up. As if the Rangers are a threat to the Yanks in the post-season.

Is there any doubt that he's a Yankee next year? They didn't go through all that.... by offering Montero... without serious interest in acquiring him AND giving him a huge contract. He's as good as ours next offseason.

Now, if we can only convince Pettitte to stick around. He's been phenomenal the past few years... I'm not sure how he can hang it up right now considering how dominating he's become so late in his career.

alot of yankee fans are happy this deal fell through. they don't want to lose Montero, especially when their rotation is already strong as is.

They are crazy. You get Lee and Sabathia on the same rotation and you have two wins out of four in a best of seven. I never heard anybody say great catching wins championships. Now I know a catcher can call a good game, but the pitcher has to execute. And when they do, their team usually wins.

They are crazy. You get Lee and Sabathia on the same rotation and you have two wins out of four in a best of seven. I never heard anybody say great catching wins championships. Now I know a catcher can call a good game, but the pitcher has to execute. And when they do, their team usually wins.

Yes, so crazy. Using the same philosophy that prevented them from trading for Johan Santana... allowed them to keep Phil Hughes, sign CC Sabathia and AJ Burnett as FA's.. and win a World Series.

People are just haters.

You laugh at the Yankees when they were continually trading prospects for players and losing. And then you laugh at the Yankees for not doing that.

DH, you are right, he was always theirs.

Whether this year or next.

But they could have added him this year and flipped Vasquez to the Phils for Werth to add to some wood to the OF.

We'll see if it costs them in the short term, but today was definately a win for the Yanks in the longterm.

You don't think they're going to sign Carl Crawford (Rays) in the offseason? ;)

I thought that was coming in 12? Anyway, I know they are going to run at him, which is scary putting speed back in that lineup.

But Werth would have been a fix for this seasons (minor) weaknesses, just as Lee would also have potentially put them over the top. As it is, standing pat is the best long term play, and the hope is that they are good enough as is to repeat.

Which I don't disagree with, though I do think they might be better off with another bat today.

But Werth would have been a fix for this seasons (minor) weaknesses,

Werth is 31 years old this year... and a free agent after the season. Not a guy you want to invest heavy dollars in.

Crawford is 28 this year... and he wants to come to the Yanks. and he adds power and speed.

Imagine Gardner and Crawford in the same lineup?

Werth is 31 years old this year... and a free agent after the season. Not a guy you want to invest heavy dollars in.

I think we're on the same page...Werth would be a 1/2 year rental, basically getting some power for a SP who would have been excess had Lee been added.

There is no doubt Crawford is the play. I hope some other teams make a play for him as well, because as good as Gardner has been, Crawford is a whole other dimension of scary for the Yanks.

I mean, for us non-Yankee fans, can't we go back to the Pavano-esque days?:pfft:

I mean, for us non-Yankee fans, can't we go back to the Pavano-esque days?:pfft:

Cashman is running the show now... and he's intent on doing things the right way. Building up the farm system... signing FA's when available... and an emphasis on pitching.

They turned it around.

and the Knicks will turn it around too :-) Just as my Redskins have done.

And the All-Star Break is upon is. This is my second favorite time of the baseball season (next to the playoffs, of course). This is a time for the teams to take a deep breath and get ready for the second half of the season and for everyone to just...enjoy the game, you know? Have a little bit of fun with a meaningless exhibition of the best there is in the game.

And the All-Star Break is upon is. This is my second favorite time of the baseball season (next to the playoffs, of course). This is a time for the teams to take a deep breath and get ready for the second half of the season and for everyone to just...enjoy the game, you know? Have a little bit of fun with a meaningless exhibition of the best there is in the game.

It's too bad that it really is NOT a meaningless exhibition after Selig's bright idea to make it "count" towards World Series home field. The NL will never get home field in the WS again until they stop that. :ols:

It's too bad that it really is NOT a meaningless exhibition after Selig's bright idea to make it "count" towards World Series home field. The NL will never get home field in the WS again until they stop that. :ols:

I know that's right. :(

Well, at least we don't have that BS Designated Hitter rule. :pfft:

But, I do love the All-Star Game, and I'll admit I'm a sucker for the Home Run Derby, too.