Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Heard on the radio coming home tonite that the Rays have actually been no-hit THREE times in the last calendar year!:ols:

To be fair though, the one tonite by Jackson has to be the worst no-hitter ever thrown. 8 walks and a hit batsmen? LOL He didn't really give them a CHANCE to hit! Btw, the Rays had 9 LOB. :drooley:

Nolan Ryan walked 8 in one of his no-hitters.

Edwin Jackson has had an up and down year and last night kinda summed it up. Gets an no-hitter, but walks 8 and has to throw 149 pitches to get there. At one point he had walked the bases loaded and no one was out. But a no-hitter is a no-hitter, so congrats to him!

WALKS SHOULD NOT COUNT!!! Ugh. So, if a pitcher throws like 20 walks in a game, the rest of the hits being pop-ups, it will be counted as a no-hitter? LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I understand what you're saying (sort of). I even came on after the Jackson no-hitter and said it was probably the worst one ever thrown (because of the 8 walks). So, we're kind of on the same page. I was joking about the above comment.:)

I understand what you're saying (sort of). I even came on after the Jackson no-hitter and said it was probably the worst one ever thrown (because of the 8 walks). So, we're kind of on the same page. I was joking about the above comment.:)

Nolan Ryan had 8 walks in one of his no-hitters as well

they're just calling it what it is

what else could they call it? :ols:

They should call it nothing! They should just be like, "well, he pitched pretty well today, but he had some walks, so eh....better luck next time, buddy."

WALKS SHOULD NOT COUNT!!! Ugh. So, if a pitcher throws like 20 walks in a game, the rest of the hits being pop-ups, it will be counted as a no-hitter? LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The fact that his arm was still attached to his body after throwing 149 pitches is impressive enough. Forget the no-hitter.

Well, when the box score has a "0" in the hits column, that means no one got a hit. So...I mean, I dunno what else to say about that; it's a no-hitter.

technically, yes. But it's still cheap and sheisty.

PLUS....the fielders are doing most of the work, anyway. They are catching the pop-ups and making good plays, so it's not all on the pitcher. One slow outfielder could mean the difference b/w a guy's "no-hitter" and a regular game.

Edited by MissU28

I believe that Nolan Ryan through +200 in the 70s, and before pitch counts +150 was not uncommon.

That's also when men were men. Imagine how dominant Ryan would be in todays game with all of the "specialty" relievers. I can't imagine standing in the box against Ryan and a "fresh" arm.