Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Release: REDSKINS ANNOUNCE PRESEASON SCHEDULE

JimmiJo

None of these are nationally televised games this year are they?

Nope and this would mark the first time the Skins have not had a national tv preseason game since 2001.

Another little sidenote, Shanahan and Schottenheimer are the two Skins coaches who have not debuted (in preseason) on national tv since 1994.

Norv debuted in 1994 on MNF against the Bills.

Spurrier debuted in 2002 on ESPN in Osaka.

Gibbs 2.0 debuted in 2004 in the HOF game.

Zorn debuted in 2008 in the HOF game.

edit: I was wrong. I think it's the first time since 2003 that the Skins have not had a national preseason game.

Well get used to it. I think they have sort of agreement to play each other every preseason.

Anybody know the overall record of the preseason/regular season matchups of the Skins vs Ravens?

Got a bad feeling the Skins are well under .500 against them...this would be a good test to build some confidence if they can beat the Ravens who I believe own the series pretty handedly.

It's odd for us to travel that far (AZ) for a preseason game. :whoknows:

Yeah, but it could be a very interesting game if AZ is able to get McNabb from Philly. I've been thinking it would be a good destination for him and would get him outta the division which I've been waiting for for years. Also heard on Mike and Mike this morning that apparently Green-E agrees with me so we'll see.

Anybody know the overall record of the preseason/regular season matchups of the Skins vs Ravens?

Got a bad feeling the Skins are well under .500 against them...this would be a good test to build some confidence if they can beat the Ravens who I believe own the series pretty handedly.

This is what I got when I searched on Redskins History Database:

http://www.redskinsdb.com/results.asp

edit: The link didn't quite work as I had hoped. Basically we have played 7 times, 3 regular season and 4 preseason. Regular season record 1-2 and preseason record 2-2.

edit: The link didn't quite work as I had hoped. Basically we have played 7 times, 3 regular season and 4 preseason. Regular season record 1-2 and preseason record 2-2.

Thanks. That's what I had thought, but kept feeling like I was missing a game or two that the Ravens had taken. 3-4 isn't bad, especially considering I was thinking the Skins had lost 2 more somewhere in there...oops.

Nice!!! Might go down and check the Jets game out! Especially if it's the 3rd game!! NICE!!

Me too, and it is the 3rd game.

Want to get a look at the inside of the new stadium. It's ugly on the outside. It looks like an industrial warehouse.

That database at least missed the 2008 reg season game, a Sunday nighter which we lost in Baltimore. I think our regular season record vs the Ravens is 1-3, with us winning in 2000 and losing in 1997, 2004, and 2008. I still remember the '97 loss because I dropped my mother off in Baltimore after the game to meet my stepfather who was down for a job interview the next day and from the media's reaction up there you would've thought the Ravens had just won the Super Bowl.

• 1 month later...

Times and dates

8/13 VS Bills 7:30 PM ET Comcast SportsNet HD / NBC 4

8/21 VS Ravens 7:00 PM ET Comcast SportsNet HD / NBC 4

8/27 @ Jets 7:00 PM ET Comcast SportsNet HD / NBC 4

9/2 @ Cardinals 10:00 PM ET Comcast SportsNet HD / NBC 4

10pm @ Arizona? :doh:...couldn't they have played a game in the east?

yea i noticed that too. the sad thing is that im in highschool in montgomery county so my school year starts one week before labor day so i have school the next day:( what time would a 10 pm game on tv even end at? 1, maybe 2 AM??? i'm going to try my hardest to get my mom to let me sleep in that next day and go to school late so i can watch the whole game. CURSE YOUUU NFL!!!!!!!

Funny - this was in the Wash Post this week. I read it in my morning print paper. It didn't make sense to me.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/preseason-schedule/redskins-times-dates-for-prese.html

What doesn't make sense is this info has been out for three weeks. All the media received this press release three weeks ago. Every detail was included in the release. So why do they wait until now to announce it as if it is some kind of breaking news??? Or are they just stupid?

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=322047

Archived