Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Video Game Fix - What Game to Buy?

Riggins77

LA Noire is an awesome game. Very crisp graphics,ambiance, the most unique charactors I have ever seen, as in sheer number of unique people in the game. Its like a cross between Indigo Prophecy, GTA, and LA Confidential, and it is stunningly beautiful. Reading facial expressions, eyes, body language, to make decisions is a great gaming experience.

Im afraid that once i blow through it though, it wont have much replay value. Im hoping the contin uing DLC that comes out for the game will hep keep it in my library.

Really, a breath of fresh air. Its a little bit of a shooter, a little bit of a GTA/Saints Row free flowing city feel, a little bit suspense drama movie feel, and it puts you doing the detective work, so its not as repetative as some games. Im enjoying it, even the music is pretty awesome, especially bc its all original for the game. I think its worth buying new if you are looking for something different then what you normally play.

my question is for people who live in or have lived or been to LA. Are teh streets pretty accurate? As in the intersections and topography (streets on a hill as they are in real life)? I understand that the landscape and cityscape changes from the 50's to current times, but i was just wondering about the general layout of LA, and if the game captures it. Obviously, Ive never been there.

---------- Post added May-19th-2011 at 10:20 AM ----------

Rockstar only published the game. Team Bondi are the ones who did the heavy lifting this time.

Yea i like it a lot too so far. Just trying to make some more time for it. Hopefully this weekend.

It's funny, most of the investigations I've done I've succeeded in questioning and pretty much could have had open and shut cases... But I still go to all the locations that I can and still collect all the evidence, even though I don't have to. I had too much fun with it last night :ols:

It's funny, most of the investigations I've done I've succeeded in questioning and pretty much could have had open and shut cases... But I still go to all the locations that I can and still collect all the evidence, even though I don't have to. I had too much fun with it last night :ols:

Dude, the first interrogation thing to me forever!!!! I kept having to go through over and over again. Finally i used the help thing (cant remember what they call it) and i was selecting lie instead of doubt. I was getting soooo pissed, i was about to give up on the game. :ols:

The thing I really like is the case notes at the end of a case. If you miss something it'll tell you about it, like for me it mentioned that I forgot to question a cabbie and how all witnesses should be questioned.

The fact that they use real actors faces is awesome too. I recognized Matt Parkman from Heroes, among others.

Archived