Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things you want to do before you die...

Special K

-Drive a Formula 1 car

-See a F1 race in Monaco

-Hit a hole in one

-Take a comprehensive tour of the western US (the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Tombstone, etc.)

-Become truly happy in my career and personal life

-Learn how to play guitar

-Completely restore a vintage Harley

-Get a doctorate in something (doesn't really matter what)

I am not knocking anyone, But there is absolutely no reason I would ever want to go to several of the 50 states.

I have been to most (39 I think), but yeah...South Dakota is not rated for a reason. At the same time I would have to live there for a while to truly give judgement.

I would venture to guess that much like many places in this great big world, South Dakota is one of those places that it greatly depends on when and where you go that will make a huge difference in the enjoyment factor.

I submit visual evidence of this very fact:

Article "A"

sturgis_parking.jpg

and Article "B"

Jager_girls_at_Sturgis.jpg

Thanks to everyone that has mentioned hiking. I used to love to go hiking. After reading this thread I have decided that before my daughter goes back to school in September the 2 of us are going to hike the 40 mile stretch of the Appalachian Trail that is in Maryland.

40 miles over 4-5 days should be interesting with a 13 year old in tow :silly:

sorry to hijack - just wanted to share

Thanks to everyone that has mentioned hiking. I used to love to go hiking. After reading this thread I have decided that before my daughter goes back to school in September the 2 of us are going to hike the 40 mile stretch of the Appalachian Trail that is in Maryland.

When ours were that age and younger we used to combine the hike with a Geocache hunt (geocaching.com). It made a huge difference to their motivation if there was "destination" with the possibility of treasure at the end of the hike.

I loved hiking up the Pali mountains in Hawaii...being able to see the entire Island and most of the outer islands...just awesome!

I would be perfectly happy if all I was able to do was see my kids and grandkids grow up to be healthy, happy adults. But if I could have as many wishes as I desired, these are what I would do/want in no particular order except the first one :):

1-Watch my son play football for the Redskins :D and see my daughter grow up to be a famous writer!

2-Visit the Pyramids/ Stonehenge

3-Go on an African Safari

4-Go on a "religious conspiracy" hunt and visit every place that has ever been involved w/ a religious conspiracy (like Rosslyn Chapel, etc)

5-Take a tour in Israel and Egypt

6-Write a book that people really want to read

7-Become extremely wealthy :)

8-Really help or have a significant impact on a person or people who desperately need it

9-Go on an archaeological dig that deals w/ very important objects

10-Find empirical evidence that God exists

11-Read the entire set of old Encyclopedia Britannica books that I have

12-Visit Amsterdam (for reasons unspecified ;))

13-Swim in the Dead Sea

14-Find "The lost city of gold!"

15-Discover the cure for cancer

16-Visit Istanbul/Turkey b/c my best friend is from there

17-Vacation on a beautiful, secluded South Pacific island

I'm sure there's a lot more too!

Wher I lived in VA, behind my house there was a civil war camp site. I found a tree nearby that had the words, "look under the tree". I never did. I really want to go back and look.

I would have looked, but that's b/c I'm nosy. My luck, it would have been an old civil war booby trap.

1/ Own a Toyota Supra - Would be honored to own a car with the most impressive engine ever built in the history of car making.

2/ Fly in a military jet - Preferably an F22 but would easily settle for a FA/18.

3/ Own a yacht and travel the ocean

4/ See the Skins dominant an entire season + superbowl

5/ Hit the lottery to achieve the above

I would have looked, but that's b/c I'm nosy. My luck, it would have been an old civil war booby trap.

I might have to make a stop by there on the way to the DDP and have a peek. It could be just a message in a bottle. Wouldn't that be cool? The tree is in a bottom of a gully. There are lots of old bricks everywhere. Metal detecting there would be impossible. There is tons of metal everywhere. Hinges, horse shoes, and tons of other metal pieces. It must have been a blacksmiths shop. I did get down at the bottom of the tree, but there were lots of bricks there and water. It would be a muddy mess and smelly. There's probably nothing there, but I won't know until I look. There are also alot names and dates on it. Most of them can't even be read anymore, but you can tell they are names and dates.

I might have to make a stop by there on the way to the DDP and have a peek. It could be just a message in a bottle. Wouldn't that be cool? The tree is in a bottom of a gully. There are lots of old bricks everywhere. Metal detecting there would be impossible. There is tons of metal everywhere. Hinges, horse shoes, and tons of other metal pieces. It must have been a blacksmiths shop. I did get down at the bottom of the tree, but there were lots of bricks there and water. It would be a muddy mess and smelly. There's probably nothing there, but I won't know until I look. There are also alot names and dates on it. Most of them can't even be read anymore, but you can tell they are names and dates.

That sounds really interesting. It would definitely be a "must do" in my book. You'll always wonder what was under there if you don't at least try. If you find something, you'll have to let me know what it was!

Archived