Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Mortensen on Twitter: Colt McCoy my not last until the 2nd round

Dr Drunkenstein

our draft day is gonna get really weird if the first two picks are Bradford then Okung.

that could be a good thing. That would mean McCoy or Suh would be available. Maybe someone would trade up for either. Hard to say though. We could always take Bulaga if no one wanted to move up.

No... Oline. We have to do what it takes to get better and it starts on the Oline. Do what it takes... whether it be trading down to get more Oline, or whatever. We need to seriously build the strongest Oline in the history of the NFL. We may never have HOGS again, but we should focus on getting as close to that as possible.

Build an Oline for #15 (Colt's new #) and we'll have something special.

I think Mort is out of his mind here. McCoy didn't do anything special this last year outside of what normally can be done in that offense and absolutely was average during the combine.

It wouldn't shock me if someone jumped the 2nd round order and went up and grabbed a QB. After the 1st round, there's going to be a few teams who still need to address QB. If there is someone that they really like, they will do the deal. Cleveland does seem to be a team in a position to do something like that, having so many picks.

Now, whether the pick is McCoy or someone else, that's up in the air. That being said, McCoy is still the 3rd QB on Mayock's board.

http://twitter.com/mortreport

After drafting Okung, would you trade the 2nd round pick & a player to trade up & get Colt McCoy late in the first before the Browns?

1) Trade down, pick up a late round OL in the first, and an OL in the second. Hopefully with the trade down we can get a 3rd round pick, and then grab Lefevour.

2) Draft Okung, then trade down with the #37 pick, and grab an OL and Lefevour.

3) Draft Okung at #4, draft a RT at #37, wait till next year for a QB :(

Archived