Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Haynesworth committed to work out plan

dfbovey

When he signed I thought he would be a Committed player like White was for Green Bay, never dreamed he was 20% time off player and lazy.

Please find a trade for the bum.

This showed up on the main page as Haynesworth committed. Given that he's so high-strung, I was worried about the man.

When he signed I thought he would be a Committed player like White was for Green Bay, never dreamed he was 20% time off player and lazy.

Please find a trade for the bum.

I haven't seen any evidence of him being lazy.

Mcdc never fails to surprise me. Do you argue just for the sake of arguing? Or are you really just that rash?

Btw the beatles did take time off to play their own instruments...

Back to fb, ah has been on this plan since before the new staff was hired. Meaning he's been working for some time already... That's the opposite of lazy

I don't like Kelli Johnson, she always likes to start **** up, like remember how she said something about how Shanahan likes Carlos but not so much DHall? like where the hell did that come from?

I never heard that, but I'm not saying you're lying either.

Can you reference this?... I mean it was most likely just spoken on tv, but I have to ask because kj has been solid for all the time I've seen her... that and I do remember hearing shanahan raving abute (Canada... Snl) dhall.

I'm surprised that so many are willing to forgive AH. But if it were CP? Oh hell no!

Can't chastise one player for missing these workouts and nurture another when they decide to skip the workouts.

All I'm saying is, I would like to see complete team unity for once instead of what can be perceived as a prima donna attitude by one player.

I'm surprised that so many are willing to forgive AH. But if it were CP? Oh hell no!

Can't chastise one player for missing these workouts and nurture another when they decide to skip the workouts.

All I'm saying is, I would like to see complete team unity for once instead of what can be perceived as a prima donna attitude by one player.

PERCEIVED being the operative word.

I don't see how KJ did anything wrong. She reported that Haynesworth hasn't been attending voluntary OTAs...and he wasn't. Then after reading this article people are insinuating that Shanahan gave the OK and approves of his plan when all the article says is that he's been made aware of Al's plans.

I'm sure Shanahan would rather have AH working out with his teammates at the complex. That being said I don't think it's a big deal unless he shows up to minicamp out of shape and behind on what the defense is trying to do which is still a possibility. Anyone remember Archuleta's legendary workouts? How'd that work out for him?

Big AL is a major asset to this team, without him our front four would be mediocre at best, with him they are above average, even elite at times. Yes he makes alot of money, big deal. If we didnt have him you people would be ****ing because we dont have a pass-rush. So he is training with his own personal trainer, big whoop, he is not the first person to do it. And he did show up for a VOLUNTARY camp. Haynesworth will have a monster year next season. Get over this non-issue, you damn drama queens

Everyone's making a big deal about Haynesworth missing the voluntary work outs, but it turns out that the team knew about it all along as he had already committed to a work out plan before Shanahan said anything about the club's workout expectations:

Is it ideal? No, I'd rather he work out with the team. But to assume he's just sitting around on his ass would be a false assumtion.

Reassuring and thanks for posting but one weekend? His workout couldn't permit one weekend? To work out with the team? I don't really care as much as I'm acting like I do. I just don't know what other than injury would keep a player from showing up for his new (well-regarded) coach's very first workout. :whoknows:

Does anyone knows if Haynesworth is training at Fischer Training Facility in AZ?Suppose to be pretty good. I not making any excuses for Fat Albert, but maybe he doesn't want look out of shape ,in front of the new coaching staff. So he is trying to get in shape before mini-camp.

Bottom line is Albert Haynesworth was given permission by Shanahan to work out on his own with a hired conditioning expert that Haynesworth used prior to his two Pro Bowl years. Seems Haynesworth did not think much of the Redskins conditioning team from last year (who were all fired) and Haynesworth took the initiative while Shanahan was trying to put together a new strength and conditioning coaching team. Lots of you complained about Albert's conditioning; yet he was conditioned by the Redskins conditioning staff last year that Shanahan fired. Just maybe Haynesworth took the initiative to get him in the kind of shape he was in during his two Pro Bowl years.

And for all those who are so negative about Haynesworth....I watched every game including 8 games in person, and Haynesworth made a HUGE difference in the defensive line. Carter and Orakpo had career years in sacks because Haynesworth was occupying two and three players at a time.

When he was playing, he made a huge difference. I am not happy about his missing four games because of injury but then few players play against 2-3 players on every down nor are the focal point of attack for the opposing offense.

Those of you piling on probably watched very little of his actual playing time. All you ever saw was his slow walking off the field or him on the ground after an injury. Did you actually watch play after play and see what WORK he actually did.

At one time, Redskin fans used to be some of the most informed in the League. Now a days, all they do is pile on after seeing minimum video from the TV, and whine and complain.

This deserves to be re-read a few times. :)

albert is who we thought he was.

hopefully, he represents the LAST of the old ways of doing business.

sometimes a system flush takes a while.

but you don't pay that kind of jack to players that are not leaders on your football team.

he's not a leader, he's a mercenary.

and snyderatto, and all of us, quite frankly, knew that going in.

hopefully,

he continues to make an impact for our defense and doesn't get hurt.

hopefully,

he matures a bit as well and grows into the leader the skins need him to be.

otherwise, our skins should just get their money's worth out of the guy for the next couple years and then trade/cut when the time is right, which is the likely scenario imo. hail skins. :helmet:

I too kept a close eye on him during the games I attended. He constantly battled double and triple teams. And, he was pushing those double teams back consistently. He got up slow, he walked off the field slow, but he worked hard on every snap he was on the field. And he did all of this for a DC that did not like him too much.

I think he will be fine this year. I hope he works more on cardio so he doesn't get winded by the end of the third quarter.

Blache set the defense back quite a bit by playing guys out of position and benching starters midway through the season to make a 'control' statement to the unit that was poorly received by both players and the other assistants.

He needed to BE retired, whether it was voluntary or not.

That said, the jury is out on Albert until he shows us what he can do on a consistent basis.

He is not a workout warrior like London Fletcher. Fletcher had the SAME conditioning and strength crew in 2009 as Albert and yet he came to camp in shape and played all 16 games once again for the umpteenth straight season.

So, how come Fletcher and Orakpo can be in such outstanding condition for the season and yet Haynesworth seemingly can't get to camp within 20 pounds of his playing weight in 2008?

Seems AH decided after signing his deal that he was going to take an offseason vacation and eat a house :laugh: :laugh:

I have no patience for Fat Albert..he has no heart, he takes plays off and of all people his fat rear needs to be doing it better and with the team. He will show up unmotivated because he does not like the new defense and most likely we will see more of him laying face down on his facemask winded....maybe he will show up in shape and ready to roll...don't bet on it...

I have no patience for Fat Albert..he has no heart, he takes plays off and of all people his fat rear needs to be doing it better and with the team. He will show up unmotivated because he does not like the new defense and most likely we will see more of him laying face down on his facemask winded....maybe he will show up in shape and ready to roll...don't bet on it...

I dont know what games you people watched last year but as has been stated many times before, the man takes on two men damn near every snap, he makes our front four intimidating, and he showed me alot of heart last year, is he a leader? no. But the man is a beast and to question his heart is kinda dumb, just because he is training by himself? Instead of some voluntary workout, that he did show up to. And another thing this team will not be running a 3-4 exclusively so im glad you can read his mind and know what he is thinking. You must be a mind-reader

I dont know what games you people watched last year but as has been stated many times before, the man takes on two men damn near every snap, he makes our front four intimidating, and he showed me alot of heart last year, is he a leader? no. But the man is a beast and to question his heart is kinda dumb, just because he is training by himself? Instead of some voluntary workout, that he did show up to. And another thing this team will not be running a 3-4 exclusively so im glad you can read his mind and know what he is thinking. You must be a mind-reader
Agree completely. Also Haynesworth showed plenty of leadership standing up for Hall in that Atlanta game. (Where calling a penalty on AH and not the Falcon's players and coach was total BS) I bet he provides leadership enough without being a team captain. And of course throw in the double teams and attention he took so Rak and Carter could do better.

If he's already involved in an intense workout regimen it also makes very little sense to stop that routine and kill the progress.

People don't seem to want to take into account that maybe Shanahan and the coaching staff is pleased with the results they have seen and are happy with the talks they've had with Haynesworth?

With the money that Al or the team could pay him? Of course.

Here is an interesting part of the article:

Moreover, regardless if some in the main building believe

Haynesworth has a bad attitude (and trust us, some do), the coaching staff knows they need the guy because he's one of few elite players on the roster.

Haynesworth met Shanahan halfway in appearing on the first day of the program. Perhaps Shanahan made a positive gesture in accepting Haynesworth won't be around all the time. That certainly not a perfect union -- but it's a start.

It's laziness. There is a reason why they all do this together, as opposed to letting everyone just workout on their own.

It's just a shame that he doesn't have a great work ethic, or desire to ever approach a player like Sapp or White. He could be a great one.

You really don't get it. What difference does bringing his trainer in to Ashburn mean? Nothing. What good is it to bring his trainer to Ashburn to do a totally different workout than the Redskins strength and conditioning staff are making the rest of the team go through? Haynesworth's trainer and HIS equipment is somewhere else. Should Haynesworth just do the Redskins training for the week and go back to his trainer for several weeks to come back in April again? Any reputable trainer will tell you consistency with the program is critical to success.

And the generic "attitude" issue. Haynesworth was brought in and promised he would be a difference maker. And then Blache used him as a regular tackle taking up space in the line. Blache did not let him free lance like he did in TN. And then there are the fans who think he is a baby, whiny, overpaid, and have other mostly meritless complaints. And just who are these Redskin coaches who feel this way about Haynesworth according to Reid? Shanahan kicked virtually everyone out of the organization. So exactly who is it in the "main building" who thinks Haynesworth has an attitude problem...the secretary....the janitor.... Most everyone is new and has had almost no time to get to know Haynesworth and his "attitude".

Exactly where does "laziness" present itself? He is working out with the trainer who got him into Pro Bowl shape. Haynesworth is avoiding the REDSKINS trainers who may have been responsible for his being out of shape/injury prone last year. After last year, I don't blame him for signing up with his own trainer, especially when Shanahan had not signed his new strength and conditioning team.

He has chosen a path that previously worked for him to be at the top of his game. Many Pro players workout with their own trainers and come in in better shape than the rest of their teammates. Are THEY lazy because they work their ass off in Phoenix, Miami, etc.?

Haynesworth has gotten a bad rap from fans like you. He played well last year...maybe not at a Pro-Bowl level but darn close to it....despite Blache. He was a major reason Carter and Orakpo had the seasons they did.

I simply do not understand these simplistic complaints fans make about the players when much of what they do is dictated by the coaching staff. The best example are all our fans who constantly complain about our cornerback playing ten yards off the receiver. Do you folks really think the cornerback is making that decision or the coaching staff. Same with Albert...Blache played him his way and never used Haynesworth to take advantage of his skills. But even then, Haynesworth made the linemen around him much better by his presence and participation.

IF Haynesworth misses training camps and the mini-camps, then you have valid complaints. But to miss a week of conditioning and strength training is worthless whining by Redskins fans.

You really don't get it. What difference does bringing his trainer in to Ashburn mean? Nothing. What good is it to bring his trainer to Ashburn to do a totally different workout than the Redskins strength and conditioning staff are making the rest of the team go through? Haynesworth's trainer and HIS equipment is somewhere else. Should Haynesworth just do the Redskins training for the week and go back to his trainer for several weeks to come back in April again? Any reputable trainer will tell you consistency with the program is critical to success.

Exactly what I was saying, but you said it in more detail. I agree 100%

He is not a workout warrior like London Fletcher. Fletcher had the SAME conditioning and strength crew in 2009 as Albert and yet he came to camp in shape and played all 16 games once again for the umpteenth straight season.

So, how come Fletcher and Orakpo can be in such outstanding condition for the season and yet Haynesworth seemingly can't get to camp within 20 pounds of his playing weight in 2008?

Seems AH decided after signing his deal that he was going to take an offseason vacation and eat a house :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know Albert Haynesworth; so I'm guessing here. Some athletes are highly motivated about getting and staying in shape. They do not need someone telling them what to do or yelling at them to do stuff. This is true in all sports. But many...I would wager most....need some fanny kicking to get them going. They need someone to yell and push them. My guess is Haynesworth is the latter...just as most linemen are. Fletcher and Orakpo and Landry are the exceptions. I would wager most of the Redskins need someone to push them to get in peak physical shape.

THAT is why he hired the trainer that got him into shape for his two Pro Bowl years. He tried it the Redskins way last year and had an average year for him...and got hurt including pulled muscles. So he is going to do it the way that was successful for him before.

Students learn best using different educational techniques. World class athletes reach their peak using different training techniques. So exactly WHY is the Redskins trainers going to do the best for 50 athletes they have never even seen before a week ago?

Haynesworth has the money to hire the very best as a personal trainer. More power to him for doing it the right way. He took the initiative before Shanahan even could assemble a hodgepodge strength and conditioning team.

Not every athlete can be trained the same way with the same results. Bodies are built very differently. Some are more prone to muscle pulls; some are able to build more strength; some have more endurance than others.

Until Haynesworth missed games because of his injuries, he had played a higher percentage of plays than any lineman except Carter. So why does no one complain about all the other linemen? Hmmmm....

Archived