Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Haynesworth committed to work out plan

dfbovey

I've been both positve and negative with Albert, but I think we'll see a different player in the 2010 season. A better one. I went over and looked at what he was doing, and noticed the dates of the videos. He started this regiment last year, well before Shanahan was even hired so I understand why he would like to continue with it. It's the same trainer than had him playing at a probowl level for 2 years as well, another reason I think he'll come into camp in better shape. And the trainer mentioned he wanted to drop some wieght, which is one of the things I was critical about Albert last year. If Albert comes into camp 320-330 range, I think he'll be dominant for us in 2010 and expect he will. One thing for sure, he was NOT taking easy during his training.

Sure glad he did not stay and ruin the redskins real players.

Please stay gone!

Does anyone knows if Haynesworth is training at Fischer Training Facility in AZ?Suppose to be pretty good. I not making any excuses for Fat Albert, but maybe he doesn't want look out of shape ,in front of the new coaching staff. So he is trying to get in shape before mini-camp.

I think some of us don't remember Tracy Rocker or better yet Dana Stubblefield. I'll take a "drama queen" that take on double teams, that helps out DE's. The man is trying to improve. I can't say that some other players would do the same.

Just check-out www.stacktv.stack.com and search Haynesworth. He is putting in more work than Portis would ever do!

The man is trying to improve. I can't say that some other players would do the same.

Is he though? How many times have we seen NFL players that were holding out or just didn't want to do offseason claim that they were "doing their own program" and "working hard", only to find out (ie:Clinton Portis/Miami) that they were mostly slacking off.

What I am saying is, how do we know that Haynesworth is really wanting to get better, and not just hanging out with some buddy in his home gym once a week?

I dont know what games you people watched last year but as has been stated many times before, the man takes on two men damn near every snap, he makes our front four intimidating, and he showed me alot of heart last year, is he a leader? no. But the man is a beast and to question his heart is kinda dumb, just because he is training by himself? Instead of some voluntary workout, that he did show up to. And another thing this team will not be running a 3-4 exclusively so im glad you can read his mind and know what he is thinking. You must be a mind-reader

I watched many games last year..in person, on TV...my thoughts are he is lazy. Yes, he can be double teamed. I am not sure I agree about him being intimidating last year. Fact is he showed up out of shape and not ready to play football. I hop he has found a new incentive to get in shape and be a presence (full time), but I fear that he is not happy with the new scheme and may not be motivated to do so. I hop I am wrong, we will see. As far as the mind reading stuff.....it is awesome. :evilg:

Well be better be committed. Hes got a lot to prove this year, highest paid player and arugable the best on either side of the ball.

All I know they better not have to send the golf cart out for him like what happened in the lions game. UNACCEPTABLE!

You really don't get it. What difference does bringing his trainer in to Ashburn mean? Nothing. What good is it to bring his trainer to Ashburn to do a totally different workout than the Redskins strength and conditioning staff are making the rest of the team go through? Haynesworth's trainer and HIS equipment is somewhere else. Should Haynesworth just do the Redskins training for the week and go back to his trainer for several weeks to come back in April again? Any reputable trainer will tell you consistency with the program is critical to success.

And the generic "attitude" issue. Haynesworth was brought in and promised he would be a difference maker. And then Blache used him as a regular tackle taking up space in the line. Blache did not let him free lance like he did in TN. And then there are the fans who think he is a baby, whiny, overpaid, and have other mostly meritless complaints. And just who are these Redskin coaches who feel this way about Haynesworth according to Reid? Shanahan kicked virtually everyone out of the organization. So exactly who is it in the "main building" who thinks Haynesworth has an attitude problem...the secretary....the janitor.... Most everyone is new and has had almost no time to get to know Haynesworth and his "attitude".

Exactly where does "laziness" present itself? He is working out with the trainer who got him into Pro Bowl shape. Haynesworth is avoiding the REDSKINS trainers who may have been responsible for his being out of shape/injury prone last year. After last year, I don't blame him for signing up with his own trainer, especially when Shanahan had not signed his new strength and conditioning team.

He has chosen a path that previously worked for him to be at the top of his game. Many Pro players workout with their own trainers and come in in better shape than the rest of their teammates. Are THEY lazy because they work their ass off in Phoenix, Miami, etc.?

Haynesworth has gotten a bad rap from fans like you. He played well last year...maybe not at a Pro-Bowl level but darn close to it....despite Blache. He was a major reason Carter and Orakpo had the seasons they did.

I simply do not understand these simplistic complaints fans make about the players when much of what they do is dictated by the coaching staff. The best example are all our fans who constantly complain about our cornerback playing ten yards off the receiver. Do you folks really think the cornerback is making that decision or the coaching staff. Same with Albert...Blache played him his way and never used Haynesworth to take advantage of his skills. But even then, Haynesworth made the linemen around him much better by his presence and participation.

IF Haynesworth misses training camps and the mini-camps, then you have valid complaints. But to miss a week of conditioning and strength training is worthless whining by Redskins fans.

For the one millionth time: THE SKINS STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACHES ARE NOT MAKING A PLAYER DO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW. All participation is voluntary and thus, no adverse action can be taken. Id AH didn't show up and the Skins cut him, not only does AH get all his money anyway but the union will file a grievance and get him reinstated. A coach can not take any negative action for non-involvement in OTA. It is in the CBA. You fire someone for not doing a voluntary action, you will get ***** slapped by the union so fast you won't see it coming. And, no FA is EVER gonna come here if they even think they will get cut for not attending voluntary training.

Also, where was all the outrage last year when Fletcher did not partake in said OTAs? Or the year before that?

Other Haynesworth updates from his interview on Sirius Radio.

dcsportsbog

Haynesworth on last season, to Sirius XM: "We had too many chiefs and not enough Indians....It was kind of a little ridiculous." 12 minutes ago via web

------------------------------------------------

dcsportsbog

Haynesworth on playing NT, to Sirius XM: " I don't think I'm built to be a nose tackle, to be honest." 11 minutes ago via web

------------------------------------------------

dcsportsbog

Haynesworth on this year: "I don't think you'll hear anything from Dan Snyder...other than maybe some little stuff like regular owners." 9 minutes ago via web

This...

Another big news item is Haynesworh only showed up for the first day of voluntary workouts then left for the week. Edwin mentioned Big Al was not the only player to do so. There were multiple players that did this. I don't see it as a big deal. They all received their conditioning programs and were told what was expected of them.

From here....

http://www.hogshaven.com/2010/3/22/1384615/devin-thomas-sheds-some-light-on

fwiw :)

I watched many games last year..in person, on TV...my thoughts are he is lazy. Yes, he can be double teamed. I am not sure I agree about him being intimidating last year. Fact is he showed up out of shape and not ready to play football. I hop he has found a new incentive to get in shape and be a presence (full time), but I fear that he is not happy with the new scheme and may not be motivated to do so. I hop I am wrong, we will see. As far as the mind reading stuff.....it is awesome. :evilg:

He wasnt in top shape that is true, but the man did intimidate opposing olines, just the fact he was getting double teamed proved he was. And to question his heart is unwarranted, the guy played his ass off. Defending D Hall when nobody else would that shows he is a TEAM guy and has plenty of HEART. Let me repeat we will not be running strictly a 3-4, it will take time in integrate it. AH will be fine next year. And I would love to know what Shanny is thinking bout the draft, since you undoubtedly can read minds:)

I caught that as well. I'm thinking in these situations, Shanny is giving them a harsh warning - something to the effect of "Ok you can go and do your thing, but if you show up below our standard then__________"

It seems to me the reality in the NFL is some players genuinely do better with personalized work-out plans combined with some level of participation in, shall we say "non-mandatory" team activities/training.

Whether a player is one of those kind, or simply more the self-indulgent prima-donna type that would be better served (from a team viewpoint) to be with the group, is just one more complicated management matter (headache) for the coaching staff. But totally "outlawing" such player options doesn't seem practical.

Any HC's judgment of how rigid in structure team policies are going to be and the consistency of their enforcement of them will be key influences in how effectively off-season matters go. For a long time our team policies and general organization have seemed inconsistent and poorly structured under a variety of staff.

Shanahan will "have" to allow some flexibility, but I see him holding everyone much more accountable with a very detailed structure in place all across the board---notably more so than anyone we've had for a long time.

He wasnt in top shape that is true, but the man did intimidate opposing olines, just the fact he was getting double teamed proved he was. And to question his heart is unwarranted, the guy played his ass off. Defending D Hall when nobody else would that shows he is a TEAM guy and has plenty of HEART. Let me repeat we will not be running strictly a 3-4, it will take time in integrate it. AH will be fine next year. And I would love to know what Shanny is thinking bout the draft, since you undoubtedly can read minds:)

I hope that Al gets back to the player we all want him to be and iit appears that the coaching staff is allowing him the flexability to get there in a way that he feels more confortable with. If he buys in to the system, is in shape and motivated he can be a force and make the players around him better. IF...

HTTR

Archived