Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Browns trade Quinn...interested in trading up to #4 for Claussen?

hunterx

Now that the Cleveland Browns have completely disassembled their QB depth, and look to be relying on an extremely shaky Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, they must be thinking about drafting a QB in the draft...

With the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs sitting between our #4 pick and the Browns, could the Browns be interested in moving up and taking Klaussen? The Browns have an abundance of draft picks in the middle rounds which would become of interest to Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan.

Could we possible trade out of that #4, maybe even out of the first round this year...pick up Cleveland's #1 next year (maybe rookie salary caps will be in by then?), a 3rd and 4th this year?

i saw a report on rotoworld that shanny is interested in clausen. here it is:

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicts that the Redskins will draft Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen with the No. 4 overall pick.

It's also worth noting that K.C. Joyner, the Football Scientist, is on record as saying Clausen's skill set and decision making offer an even better fit for Mike Shanahan's offense than Jay Cutler. Lombardi's opinion is noteworthy, too, because he worked under Shanahan in Denver. Lombardi expects Shanahan to go with Clausen even if both he and Russell Okung are available.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi predicts that the Redskins will draft Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen with the No. 4 overall pick.

It's also worth noting that K.C. Joyner, the Football Scientist, is on record as saying Clausen's skill set and decision making offer an even better fit for Mike Shanahan's offense than Jay Cutler. Lombardi's opinion is noteworthy, too, because he worked under Shanahan in Denver. Lombardi expects Shanahan to go with Clausen even if both he and Russell Okung are available.

I think it makes perfect since. Clausen is a perfect for Shanahan. I will be suprised if he isn't the pick at 4. I do like Okung as a LT prospect, but when u think u can get yourself a franchise QB u do it. PERIOD

Thanks for sharing and I can't wait until the draft.

i hope this happens

the Redskins are not going to trade the #4 pick.

whether the team gets at franchise LT or Shanahan feels he gets the chance to draft a quarterback he can build with, the pick stays here.

Cleveland is stuck with Delhomme and Wallace.

I am sure glad Shanahan is here and Holmgren is in Cleveland :D

I am sure glad Shanahan is here and Holmgren is in Cleveland :D
Agreed. Would also love to hear trade talk options if Clevelend or others wants Claussen. Cleveland had the 7th pick in the first, the 6th in round two and 7th in round three....Sure would be nice to be able to fill the roster with young talent through the draft? :)

Now that the Cleveland Browns have completely disassembled their QB depth, and look to be relying on an extremely shaky Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, they must be thinking about drafting a QB in the draft...

With the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs sitting between our #4 pick and the Browns, could the Browns be interested in moving up and taking Klaussen? The Browns have an abundance of draft picks in the middle rounds which would become of interest to Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan.

Could we possible trade out of that #4, maybe even out of the first round this year...pick up Cleveland's #1 next year (maybe rookie salary caps will be in by then?), a 3rd and 4th this year?

Considering the amount of money they invested in Delhomme and then trading for Wallace the Browns are not going to tie up even more money in a rookie QB.

I think it makes perfect since. Clausen is a perfect for Shanahan. I will be suprised if he isn't the pick at 4. I do like Okung as a LT prospect, but when u think u can get yourself a franchise QB u do it. PERIOD

I dont see any QB besides Bradford bring a "Franchise " QB...Period...Clausen had losing seasons every year in college What makes everyone say he is a franchise Qb? Wow ND fans got to get real and think...You build the line first then get a QB behind it...OKUNG at #4!!!!!

I dont see any QB besides Bradford bring a "Franchise " QB...Period...Clausen had losing seasons every year in college What makes everyone say he is a franchise Qb? Wow ND fans got to get real and think...You build the line first then get a QB behind it...OKUNG at #4!!!!!

Dude... I can tell you that OKUNG will be picked by the Lions at #2!!

You didn't see any of his games did you? Not saying he is THE 1 but he was THE player at ND.

You didn't see any of his games did you? Not saying he is THE 1 but he was THE player at ND.

EDT has an entire long winded thread that says Tebow is a dynasty QB. Enough with this Clausen talk. What the heck does Shanny know about QB's. EDT has to be right, he said so.

And, I don't know anything except one simple fact.

JC is not the most accurate QB in the league, but that is not what makes him an average NFL QB. It is the same problem that Shuler and Ramsey and so many others suffer.

It is also the same reason that Tebow, Bradford, Clausen and the rest will, on average (Ryan Leaf just didn't care) will succeed or fail and is the hardest thing to grade coming out of college.

Can the QB quickly read and understand NFL defenses and consistently and quickly make the right decision as to where to throw the ball. If you can't, you fail regardless of your leadership skills, how accurate you are with the ball, how strong your arm is, how athletic you are or how much the poster has fallen in love with the QB.

Once the QB has demonstrated this skill the rest make that guy better to great. Manning is the perfect example of this. Before Brady got hurt, you just didn't blitz him because he would make you pay. And he is not the most athletic of QB's either. And, the list goes on.

Edit: Look at Vick, tremendous athlete with a strong arm by NFL standards, but got confused with NFL defenses. His ability to run got him out of a lot of trouble. When he loses that, he is done.

that is some very flawed thinking. in college fb there are giant talent gaps between the elite programs and middle of the pack programs. bradford would have been no better on notre dame.

What if the Brown want your #4 for Claussen then what do you do?

What are they willing to give up, is the question I'd ask.

If we felt Clausen was going to be a franchise QB, there would have to be a downright ludicrous offer to get him off our hands. Franchise QBs are the hardest and most important things to find in the NFL.

Archived