Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expectations for Chris "Predator" Horton in 2010-11

DCchillin89

Gents-

First of all my Search Tread option wasn't working so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned recently... Anywhoo

We all remember Chris Horton busting onto the scene as a rookie, causing havoc in the backfield and flourishing close to the line of scrimmage. Obviously we all know that he regressed last year, possibly to injury or to the fact that he overachieved as a rookie. I was just wondering what were the expectations for Chris for next year: Was he a one year flash in the pan or could we have a real diamond in the rough kind of player?

I really hope the dude can rebound. When he got consistent reps, he really impacted our Run D. I love his on the field demeanor, in stark contrast to that jackass Landry. I realize that he and Landry are both best suited to play in the box and that either will be exposed by playing FS, as Landry was when he lined up 30 yards downfield (WTF was Blache thinking). I know we have 4 players Moore, Landry, Doughty, and Horton for two positions. What combos would you guys like to see get the bulk of the PT this upcoming season?

RIP 21.

I've been thinking alot about Chris Horton lately. Mostly asking questions in my mind about what's going to happen with him, how they're going to use him, and if I'll ever get to see those playmaking skills again that I saw when he was a rookie that made me like him so much.

I guess the best combination would be Moore at FS and Landry at SS. It's not the best, talentwise, but it's their natural positions. Landry hasn't had any success at FS, so there is no reason to think it's going to click now because we want it to.

Horton is one of my favorite players (go bruins!), but unless we trade Landry, I can't think of a situation where he starts. I remember in his rookie year, I was comparing him to Bob Sanders. It seemed that wherever the ball was, he was; it was absolutely insane.

As for last year, I was in Miami, so I missed a large part of the games, but it was my understanding that they were starting Doughty over Horton. I don't know why, but they were.

In my opinion, the best players, in order are: Landry, Horton, Doughty, Moore

I just can't get over that stupid fumble Moore made in the Saints game. UGH!

I've been thinking alot about Chris Horton lately. Mostly asking questions in my mind about what's going to happen with him, how they're going to use him, and if I'll ever get to see those playmaking skills again that I saw when he was a rookie that made me like him so much.

Really, say it aint so, Joe... :paranoid: :)

I'll guess we'll have to see how he recovers from his surgery the end of last season.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/News___Notes__Horton_Placed_On_Injured_Reserve_77100.jsp

(November 11, 2009)

"Horton suffered ligament damage in his toe during last Sunday’s 31-17 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. He was expected to be out 4-6 weeks.

Horton underwent surgery to repair the injury on Wednesday afternoon. He could be sidelined 4-6 months as he rehabs from surgery, according to head coach Jim Zorn." (Of course that was coming from Zorn, :evilg:)

Potentially he could miss some offseason work-out time, but hopefully he's back to full speed by the start of training camp. If that's the case, I guess we'll have to wait and see whether he retains the starting position at SS, or if Doughty gets that back, or if they decide to move LL to SS, and Horton and/or Doughty to FS... woah! I think i'm light headed.

i actually think horton is better then landry. landry cant tackle worth a crap always goes for huge hits and misses and cant cover. horton cant cover much better but hes a much better tackler and in position alot more.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing Horton and free and Doughty at strong most of the time.

I also wouldn't mind trading Landry for a ham sammich. And it doesn't even have to be a GOOD ham sammich.

The first thing we could do is stop calling him the "Predator," unless it's soley about his dreadlocks. I have few expectations for Horton. He got his reputation over a couple games in '08 and flatlined after.

Yeah just the same way Landry suddenly sucked, D. Hall did not have the same year as expected and Rogers continued to fade. This backfield is talented and given proper coaching it will show. :mad:

i actually think horton is better then landry. landry cant tackle worth a crap always goes for huge hits and misses and cant cover. horton cant cover much better but hes a much better tackler and in position alot more.

I agree completely. In a Greg Blache defense, it's really hard for ANYONE to look good. Hopefully Haslett let's him play.

My goodness stop with the "Landry is a SS" garbage.

He was an elite FS in year 1 and year 2. He regressed in year 3 because of Blache.

Honestly, people just let their personal feelings about a player determine their assessment of his skills.

I thought they switched him over when Sean Taylor was killed.

My goodness stop with the "Landry is a SS" garbage.

He was an elite FS in year 1 and year 2. He regressed in year 3 because of Blache.

Honestly, people just let their personal feelings about a player determine their assessment of his skills.

Landry was SS his first year and a half. Not a free safety.

LaRon's true position is SS. Free Safeties are the ball hawks of the defense. The Strong Safety is the enforcer, the intimidator if you will. This role fits him wayyyyyyyy better. I personally don't think he was as horrible as some make it seem. He was a little above average if you ask me. Of course he can play better. It's amazing to say this being he had a pretty damn good year as far as stats are concerned...

Laron Landry was actually a pretty decent free safety until this year. Remember the Seattle playoff game when he had two ints? He was making plays and its like this year he just decided to bite on everything.

Who was our coordinator then? I really think (I don't even wanna mention his name!) screwed up our whole secondary this year. That soft 5-7 yard cushion was bad to even look at on T.V. I couldn't imagine how wide the WR's eyes got when they saw it...

Archived