Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expectations for Chris "Predator" Horton in 2010-11

DCchillin89

LaRon's true position is SS. Free Safeties are the ball hawks of the defense. The Strong Safety is the enforcer, the intimidator if you will. This role fits him wayyyyyyyy better. I personally don't think he was as horrible as some make it seem. He was a little above average if you ask me. Of course he can play better. It's amazing to say this being he had a pretty damn good year as far as stats are concerned...

Then how would you feel about drafting berry with the 4th pick if Okung and Bradford are gone and we cannot find a trade partner? I know the position isnt a need, but the dude seems like a sure fire probowl, ed reed type safety.

My goodness stop with the "Landry is a SS" garbage.

He was an elite FS in year 1 and year 2. He regressed in year 3 because of Blache.

Honestly, people just let their personal feelings about a player determine their assessment of his skills.

didn't he play SS when Sean Taylor played FS?

if bradford and okung are gone i am hoping we get berry. he seems to be a cant miss pick this year. even though its not an absolute need, he would make our defense almost perfect imo. then we could try to trade doughty or moore for a later round draft pick.

No kidding.... It's non-stop Landry in here. I believe Horton will rebound. He has the work ethic and the mentality to bounce back; and we all love having a beast in the secondary with dreads.

He's got his mind on right, and his performance in the first part of '08, taken in conjunction with his 7th round draft pick cost, you get a guy that has definitely proven he's still worth any risk associated.

Give it 5 years and I think Horton makes a Pro-Bowl.... the single relic of draft mastery by Vinny Cerrato.

I really hope Horton rebounds, I really like him and thought he was going to be the draft steal of the century back in early 2008. I know he didn't play so hot this season, although I don't know how he got benched but Landry didn't. Although I am not a fan of switching to 3-4 this year, I think Haslett will do a much better job of applying pressure and putting the safeties in position to make plays.

On a related note, I also am a big fan of Reed Doughty and want Landry to be the monster we all think he could be, and I hope the coaches can find a way to get them all some playing time and make good use of them.

Archived