Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:Artis Hicks signs with Redskins (edit)

Ajamrani

He saw time in every game last year though he only started 3. It's a good depth signing for a year or two. You have to keep in mind that all the younger guys are restricted so you'll have a tough time signing anyone under 28 or so.

Hicks was on one of the best O-Lines in the league, He'll be good competition so far the Line hopefully will look like this after the draft:

LT: Okung/Jones

LG: Dockery/Hicks

C: Liechtensteiger/Pouncey

RG:Hicks/Rabach/Williams

RT:Pashos/Williams

Rabach is going to start at center. And I doubt we get Pashos now. Looks like we'll have Heyer for another year.

If you had told me before FA started that Hicks and Pashos would be the first two FAs the Redskins sign, I would have called BS.

I like the Pashos signing. I think at the very least, he adds much needed depth at the tackle spot and could possibly push for a starting job vs. Heyer.

Hicks, doesn't really move my excitement meter.

I'm all in favor of signing linemen that actually belong in the NFL to replace linemen who really don't, but somehow ended up on our roster. No, 31 ain't great, but a bunch of 30ish somethings who have started and can play is better than a bunch of scrubs who probably should be watching the game from the sports bar.

If you had told me before FA started that Hicks and Pashos would be the first two FAs the Redskins sign, I would have called BS.

I like the Pashos signing. I think at the very least, he adds much needed depth at the tackle spot and could possibly push for a starting job vs. Heyer.

Hicks, doesn't really move my excitement meter.

We didn't sign Pashos, did we?

Hey, I'll be 30 next month, and I am not washed up! I'm in my prime baby!

I agree to a certain extent. People assume that once players hit the big 3-0, it's all downhill from there. A lot of players can still get it done, especially QBs like a particular 40-year old one who played pretty well for the Vikings last year.

Some of you seem to think we signed Hicks for depth - I don't think we'd give him 3 yrs/9 mill $3 mill guaranteed for a backup. He's going to start. I wouldn't mind seeing Pashos here either, he's be an upgrade over what we have. Add another tackle in the draft plus a QB & RB and Bruce & Shanny could almost completely rebuild the offense in one offseason. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Some of you seem to think we signed Hicks for depth - I don't think we'd give him 3 yrs/9 mill $3 mill guaranteed for a backup. He's going to start. I wouldn't mind seeing Pashos here either, he's be an upgrade over what we have. Add another tackle in the draft plus a QB & RB and Bruce & Shanny could almost completely rebuild the offense in one offseason. I like what I'm seeing so far.

Hicks will be battling Rinehart for the starting RG position and as depth at LT (where there is none) and at RT.

I hope you've done your homework on Pashos. Not that great, coming off season ending surgery to his left shoulder and really isn't a fit for the ZBS. Pashos is also asking for too much money. Just because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel doesn't mean we have to accept whats down there.

Hicks will be battling Rinehart for the starting RG position and as depth at LT (where there is none) and at RT.

I hope you've done your homework on Pashos. Not that great, coming off season ending surgery to his left shoulder and really isn't a fit for the ZBS. Pashos is also asking for too much money. Just because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel doesn't mean we have to accept whats down there.

Thanks for the info, I didn't really know Pashos' reputation if he was really good/good/not very good/mediocre. Sounds like we could do much better than him then. I do like the Hicks signing, I think he'll help and improving depth is a huge thing as well.

Archived