Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Ethan Albright hopes to remain a Redskin

bubba9497

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/ethan-albright-hopes-to-remain.html#more

click link for entire article

Ethan Albright hopes to remain a Redskin

Long snapper Ethan Albright just completed his 15th season in the NFL,

so he understands how these things work. The Redskins have an

offseason to-do list, and the new regime has initiated sweeping roster

change, so he figures they're a little busy.

When things slow down a bit, though, Albright, an unrestricted free

agent, hopes the Redskins will include him in their new plans.

"Without question, I want to come back to the Redskins," Albright said

today in a phone interview. "I think everybody at Redskins Park knows

I love it there. I've had a great experience in my time. And at my age

and experience, I mean, I don't want to go and start over somewhere

else.

"I like playing where I've got a track record and where I know my

teammates. I love lining up next to Mike Sellers and Lorenzo Alexander

and Todd Yoder and those guys. I've got a little bit of chemistry on

punt protection with the guys that I've been working with. And I

wouldn't want to go start fresh somewhere else."

Continue reading this post »

Sundberg was signed in the offseason to compete for the job.

It would seem though that Albright's near minimum one year deals are not going to break the bank and that long-snapper is one position where age is really irrelevant.

He is 38 but players around the league who are quality performers often play into their late thirties.

I really don't understand the team's thinking here.

They resigned Daniels who is 37 and coming off injury problems.

Albright played all 16 games last season and is only 2 years removed from making the pro bowl.

I would just echo what most people have said here, so I'll just get to my point.

We should re-sign Ethan.

What he said^^.

Bring back the red snapper!!! He's the best at what he does and is a truly loyal Redskin.

If we are going "young" at PK, then we certainly don't want to go "young" as LS too. That's a recipe for a lot of frustration that this team doesn't need.

putting aside our team and whether we resign Ethan or not......think about what his job really is and how absurd it is that he gets paid what he does.

I snap a football on average 5 times a game on punts and 4 times on kicking attempts and I do this 16 weeks in the fall when it counts and maybe in January if the team is good and I'm a millionaire.

What a joke, the LS, should be paid less than the veteran minimum unless he's capable of playing backup OL or something.

There are so many things that can go wrong with a bad long snap. I don't even remember the last time we screwed one of those up. Is saving a lil coin and a roster spot really worth letting the Red Snapper walk? I don't like it, but it is what it is.

I think I'm in the minority, but get rid of this guy.

Get a backup OL that can do this.

What a waste.

The only reason you find him expendable is because he hasn't done anything stand outish. Just think though, would you rather have Ethan Albright, who is as consistant as consistant gets, or would you rather have another Dan Turk fiasco?

The only reason you find him expendable is because he hasn't done anything stand outish. Just think though, would you rather have Ethan Albright, who is as consistant as consistant gets, or would you rather have another Dan Turk fiasco?

I'm sorry, I understand the importance of every position on the team, but I'd really like to see how many teams have a dedicated roster spot to long snappers. I admit I have no clue, but I just can't imagine it being a whole lot. If someone can post the numbers, I have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

I'm sorry, I understand the importance of every position on the team, but I'd really like to see how many teams have a dedicated roster spot to long snappers. I admit I have no clue, but I just can't imagine it being a whole lot. If someone can post the numbers, I have no problem admitting I'm wrong.

Just google "Long Snapper". All teams have a dedicated spot.

http://blog.longsnap.com/wp-content/2009/03/reg-season-final.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_snapper

:helmet:The Rook

Hopefully Allen isnt a fan of John Madden

Hahaha. I find it hilarious that while he was in Madden '10, at his actual position of LS he was pretty terrible. Poor guy.

But sign him, please. Until he needs to be wheeled onto the field. He's the definition of consistency. In fact, I'd love if the Skins helped him break the record for oldest player to start a game, eventually.

Archived