Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LT or Sharper? (Merged)

Rexrode21

Sportscenter said Washington was "a good fit" for Tomlinson (whatever that means), among other teams.

If it was a question of CP or LT, I would take LT in a heartbeat. Work ethic and professionalism aside, LT is just an all around better back. But we can't have both of them on the same team. That's just too much age back there.

As far as Sharper, I have to wonder why, after the season he just had, he is loose on the market. Either GW thinks he was merely a product of the system, or knows that the last of the reserves have run dry.

The way things sit now, I hope we pass on both. But if we make some drastic moves and need some veteran leadership later on, I hope both or either are still around.

Sharper would be ok but he would basically be a band-aid for a year or two. He is probably just a "one year wonder". I think being in Gregg Williams system for a year rejuvenated him.

One year wonder?

5 Pro Bowls, an All-Decade team, and 63 career interceptions say differently.

NO will probably re-sign him for a year or two. If not, and Haslett thinks he can use him right, then I'm for it (as long as it's a short, respectable contract).

One year wonder?

5 Pro Bowls, an All-Decade team, and 63 career interceptions say differently.

NO will probably re-sign him for a year or two. If not, and Haslett thinks he can use him right, then I'm for it (as long as it's a short, respectable contract).

Seriously, he has to be joking with this one year wonder thing. Sharper has been arguably the best safety in the league for 10+ years. The only others you could argue over him, IMO, are Dawkins and Reed. Dude should easily make the HOF. I don't understand how he wasn't all pro this season.

These are two great players that have had amazing careers. That being said, I couldn't think of two free agents that would make less sense to hire for our team. We have lots of safeties, some of which are pretty talented. We have an older running back that still runs with power, not much different from LT at this point (not saying LT isn't better, just saying it's not that much of a difference)

If we want free agents, we need to look OL and linebacker. We can draft a running back literally anywhere in the draft, we don't need an aging legend. He's like Bruce Smith.

But wait, no one wanted Sharper last year on this forum?

Look, we don't need Darren Sharper, nor could we really use him properly. We have 4 safeties that are VERY young and up and coming. LaRon Landry, Chris Horton, Reed Doughty, and Kareem Moore. All these guys need to do is stop getting injured and making bone headed mistakes.

We're solid at safety.

I hate these threads, but I'll play by the rules.

LT.

Sharper is going to be the franchise player. LT is a 30yr old rb. This thread is terrible.

Article on ESPN is saying the Saints won't tag him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4937036

Sharper or Rolle would be decent pick ups. I'd like to play with what we have [in these positions], but I'm going to trust in this new regime and support their decisions this offseason...

(So long as it doesn't involve Julius Peppers) :)

Article on ESPN is saying the Saints won't tag him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4937036

Sharper or Rolle would be decent pick ups. I'd like to play with what we have [in these positions], but I'm going to trust in this new regime and support their decisions this offseason...

(So long as it doesn't involve Julius Peppers) :)

Appears as if you are correct. Either way Sharper is 34. We learned this lesson with Mark Carrier. And LT is coming off a 730 yd disaster of a season. I think the OP needs to do his homework before creating BS threads like this one.

Both players would be upgrades over what we have now, but that's not saying much.

Fix the title.

U are right upgrades over both. LT over Portis plus LT doesn't have "character issues"

Sharper over Reed because Sharper will get more turnovers and Landry could play SS. I would take a look at both of them. If the price is right and if we could sign them to 2 year contracts than why not?

We need to take a look at everyone.

Archived