Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LT or Sharper? (Merged)

Rexrode21

You guys are all crazy...this is a no brainer. We are in desperate need of LT.

Chris Samuels might not be back (is getting old anyway) we could really use a Left Tackle, then maybe we can get RT and LG in the draft.

While you're correct, and I half think you're joking due to the title (as I had the same thought) I'm going to go ahead and tell you they're talking about Tomlinson anyways, just in case I'm wrong :)

U are right upgrades over both. LT over Portis plus LT doesn't have "character issues"

Sharper over Reed because Sharper will get more turnovers and Landry could play SS. I would take a look at both of them. If the price is right and if we could sign them to 2 year contracts than why not?

We need to take a look at everyone.

LT does have character issues, he is a crybaby. there's no crying in football.

Landry is not a free safety. We can't ignore the fact that we have a glaring hole at Free Safety. Just look at the saints game. Berry is the best player in the draft. Hands down.

Landry played FS primarily in college...

(I think I've posted that exact statement three times today)

I say go for Sharper no more then a couple years though move landry back to his natural position and that would instantly put a whole new demension to our defense. He can mentor our young safety talent we have now while giving us the best chance to win, how many games did we lose last year because of weakness at that position.:logo:

Landry played FS primarily in college...

(I think I've posted that exact statement three times today)

He played everything in college. Regardless of title he was slated to play strong safety. He's proven that he's not a free safety. We have a glaring hole at Free Safety. Why not draft the best available player on the board (and the draft)?

He did play FS in college, but with Taylor here he knew he would be a SS. But we all know (and see) that SS is the better position for him.

Why is this thought to be fact?

I'm not sure it is a better fit.

Tackling is less of a need at free safety, and he's demonstrated he can't tackle without throwing his body into someone and usually missing. He's actually not bad in coverage when he doesn't have to come flying up 10 yards and then try to change his momentum on a double move. He's overaggressive, but when he's playing coverage from a reasonable point (not 25 yards down field) he's not that bad.

He played everything in college. Regardless of title he was slated to play strong safety. He's proven that he's not a free safety. We have a glaring hole at Free Safety. Why not draft the best available player on the board (and the draft)?

Because he's not the best player in the draft, may or may not be the best player on the board and there's a reason I used the word primarily ;)

Because he's not the best player in the draft, may or may not be the best player on the board and there's a reason I used the word primarily ;)

Kdawg. He's 1 or 2 with Suh. I give him the edge because he's more NFL ready. He spent a year with Monte Kiffin. Digested and thrived in the T-2 scheme within a year. Every profile on the kid highlights his work ethic and knowledge. Couple that with his expected 40 time and he's the best prospect on the board.

"He's probably the most instinctive safety I've seen since Ed Reed," said Rob Rang, senior scout for NFLDraftScout.com.

Kdawg. He's 1 or 2 with Suh. I give him the edge because he's more NFL ready. He spent a year with Monte Kiffin. Digested and thrived in the T-2 scheme within a year. Every profile on the kid highlights his work ethic and knowledge. Couple that with his expected 40 time and he's the best prospect on the board.

"He's probably the most instinctive safety I've seen since Ed Reed," said Rob Rang, senior scout for NFLDraftScout.com.

You can hear that kind of stuff about alot of prospects. I'm not sold on Eric Berry. I think he'll be good, but I don't think he'll be good for us.

I would say Suh and even McCoy are better prospects than Berry. Of course Berry has a faster 40 time than them, they're DLinemen. I bet they're stronger than Berry. Does that make them better prospects in and of itself?

No. That's ridiculous. They play different positions.

Eric Berry is not a better prospect than either Suh or McCoy. And he won't get drafted before either guy, for good reason.

I would like to point out a huge issue for the Redskins and that is who are starting running back will be. Many have speculated that Portis will remain with the skins. But If I was Bruce Allen, I would drop Portis like a baby, and pick up LT. LT has a better talent level, they both have injury issues...but the biggest thing that LT has over Portis is heart.....LT's passion for the game, and his drive to keep on going I think is something this team could benefit from within the locker room and on the field. I would love for a player his caliber to come join the Redskins. The Chargers wouldve also done us a big favor by not giving him many carries last season. His legs are fresh again...and so is his mind:dallasuck

Archived