Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Allen:"We're going 100mph getting ready for free agency"

MattFancy

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/bruce-allen/allen-were-going-100-mph-getti.html

In case there was any doubt, Redskins fans can expect to see a very different product on the field next season.

"We are going to have a new style of defense, we are going to have a new style of offense," general manager Bruce Allen said today on ESPN 980.

"It's going to be Redskins football, and the pieces we can acquire this year will be the first steps to building that philosophy."

Allen made his comments during an in-person appearance on "The John Thompson Show," this afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Allen made a quick visit to radio row at the Super Bowl media center, making stops by the ESPN 980 table and the Sirius booth.

He offered few specifics but when he was asked about Clinton Portis' status with the team, Allen noted that the running back has met with Coach Mike Shanahan, and "we're looking forward to seeing Clinton help us win," Allen said.

Allen said he's meeting with officials from other teams in south Florida, formulating early trade ideas and plans for this fall's roster. "We're going 100 miles an hour getting ready for free agency," Allen said.

Trades- I like that. I think it's more of the Redskins trying to trade our players for either draft picks or other teams players.

I have a strong feeling that Carter will be part of those talks. Coming off an 11 sack season, but with no room to put him in the 3-4; common logic would place him at the top of those talks, IMO.

This is what I saw out of the OP.

In case there was any doubt, Redskins fans can expect to see a very different product on the field next season.

"We are going to have a new style of defense, we are going to have a new style of offense," general manager Bruce Allen said today on ESPN 980.

"It's going to be Redskins football, and the pieces we can acquire this year will be the first steps to building that philosophy."

Allen made his comments during an in-person appearance on "The John Thompson Show," this afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Allen made a quick visit to radio row at the Super Bowl media center, making stops by the ESPN 980 table and the Sirius booth.

He offered few specifics but when he was asked about Clinton Portis' status with the team, Allen noted that the running back has met with Coach Mike Shanahan, and "we're looking forward to seeing Clinton help us win," Allen said. Allen said he's meeting with officials from other teams in south Florida, formulating early trade ideas and plans for this fall's roster. "We're going 100 miles an hour getting ready for free agency," Allen said.

Archived