Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Allen:"We're going 100mph getting ready for free agency"

MattFancy

Is it just me, or is Bruce Allen a master at getting you pumped up without actually saying anything at all? He's sort of a politician in that way, just like his brother. It's a welcome change from the previous bumbling moron. Allen seems like the kind of manager that people will want to follow.

Is it just me, or is Bruce Allen a master at getting you pumped up without actually saying anything at all? He's sort of a politician in that way, just like his brother. It's a welcome change from the previous bumbling moron. Allen seems like the kind of manager that people will want to follow.

He is professional. That is the best way to describe him.

As time goes on, fans will realize more and more just how bad we were.

We truly were a joke, that never had any chance of competing for the division.

The media was right, year after year.

Regardless of records, our organization had to be one of the bottom three in the league.

Here is what's going to happen. Teams that used to play Vinny for a sucker will try to play Bruce.

If it works...we're ****ed.

If it doesn't.....hooray!

You know for some reason ... this:

PHO-08Feb09-196683.jpg

Doesn't seem nearly as gullible or stupid as ... this ...

cerratoeagles09bpregame.jpg

Anyone else still overjoyed that he's a goner? :D

He is professional. That is the best way to describe him.

As time goes on, fans will realize more and more just how bad we were.

We truly were a joke, that never had any chance of competing for the division.

The media was right, year after year.

Regardless of records, our organization had to be one of the bottom three in the league.

Well, we weren't "one of the bottom three", because our record was rarely in the bottom three. We were, however, very very bad and (except for the three seasons we went to the playoffs) we never did anything of value. It's obvious looking back that the problem was always the front office. In fairness, what else could it be? It all starts at the top.

I have a strong hunch that Vinny got rid of Gregg Williams because Williams was competent and brutal. Vinny made Zorn the coach because Zorn was nice and incompetent (at this stage in his career). I'm sure he thought, "This guy Williams is a competent jerk, just like Shottenheimer. I'd better ship him out."

I have a strong feeling that Carter will be part of those talks. Coming off an 11 sack season, but with no room to put him in the 3-4; common logic would place him at the top of those talks, IMO.

I wonder what kind of draft pick(s) we would get for Carter. I seriously have no idea what kind of draft value he has.

4th or lower

Santana could get a 3rd (I think Baltimore would be a great partner there)

Carlos? 3rd or lower

Jason Campbell? 3rd or lower

Just off the top of my head

I disagree on Carter. He's produced double-digit sacks 2 of the last 3 years (was injured the other) and is solid against the run for a pass rushing DE. Plus his contract is very reasonable for the level of player he is. He should be worth more than a 4th.

4th or lower

Santana could get a 3rd (I think Baltimore would be a great partner there)

Carlos? 3rd or lower

Jason Campbell? 3rd or lower

Just off the top of my head

Landry? high 2nd

Cooley or Davis? high 2nd and 5th

Rocky? low 2nd or 3rd (I would rather not trade him though, hopefully he fits in the teams long term plans)

We don't need a new defense. We need a new offensive line to dominate the line of scrimmage, a running back to chew up the clock the in the 4th quarter, and special teams that gives us great feild position. I hope Bruce Allen doesn't feel he has to re-invent the wheel. Sometimes all you have to do is tweek a few things, and your vehicle can run real nice, and hit a 100mph without mashing your foot on the gas pedal. You don't have to do something drastic to get results. What we need is a Stephen Jackson type back, and a line that can atleast hold the Hogs jock strap.

I would not be surprised to see a blockbuster package trade or two.

Remember George Allen and his first year? 9-4-1, then 11-3, then 10-4, then 10-4. How did that happen? The future is now! I'm sure his son remembers well.

edit: I ranted here about Jason Campbell, and deleted it because it ticked me off.

George Allen did some package deals and we got a whole new slew of guys who were committed to win, and they did. And, you know, they weren't told they would have time to get it done. It was the future is now. New life was breathed into the team and fans.

So, enough of the guys who are sucking the life out of the team and fans. Let's get some winners in here!!! And, no security blankets nor really, really sensitive guys who need hand holding. (you know who they are)

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

P.S. Vinnie did NOT know what I was talking about.

Trades- I like that. I think it's more of the Redskins trying to trade our players for either draft picks or other teams players.

Seriously? As opposed to what, the Skins trading players for cash considerations, maybe a minor league player to be named later, how about Clinton Portis for a 20oz Dr. Pepper and a Big Bite?

I would not be surprised to see a blockbuster package trade or two.

Remember George Allen and his first year? 9-4-1, then 11-3, then 10-4, then 10-4. How did that happen? The future is now! I'm sure his son remembers well.

edit: I ranted here about Jason Campbell, and deleted it because it ticked me off.

George Allen did some package deals and we got a whole new slew of guys who were committed to win, and they did. And, you know, they weren't told they would have time to get it done. It was the future is now. New life was breathed into the team and fans.

So, enough of the guys who are sucking the life out of the team and fans. Let's get some winners in here!!! And, no security blankets nor really, really sensitive guys who need hand holding. (you know who they are)

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

P.S. Vinnie did NOT know what I was talking about.

Even in an uncapped year I think it will be hard to pull of trades of great magnitutde. While possible, and more likely than with a capped year, it will be very hard to actually pull off (with all the unknowns surrounding the new CBA, when it gets put in place).

Archived