Extremeskins

Cooley on Scott Van Pelt Show

MattFancy

Okung and Pike?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Okung and Pike?

• Yes
    • No

Cooley was just on the SVP Show. Talked a little about Jason and saying that it will be on Jason's shoulders. Also said its a business and the Skins "obvsiously wanted someone else" last season. Also said that Campbell has every talent you could want in a QB.

Asked him about staying in and blocking more and he said they have a TE named Fred Davis that can do that now, he was laughing as he said that. Then he said he was going to lose 15 pounds and surprised everyone and show up as a slot receiver.

Most of the talk was about him being apart of Chad Ochocino's OCNN reporters at the Super Bowl.

I don't agree with Cooley on his assessment of Campbell. Campbell doesn't have every talent that QBs such as Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre, etc...have and that's the ability to scan and read the field quickly. Jason continually locks onto 1 target and has trouble finding the right receiver because he can't read the field fast enough.

Of course Cooley's going to say that about Jason. Do you think he really means it though? Do you expect him to say he's not sure if Jason is the QB of the future? Of course not. I don't think Cooley's one to blast others to the media...unlike some others on the team.

I don't agree with Cooley on his assessment of Campbell. Campbell doesn't have every talent that QBs such as Manning, Brady, Brees, Favre, etc...have and that's the ability to scan and read the field quickly. Jason continually locks onto 1 target and has trouble finding the right receiver because he can't read the field fast enough.

Im sure he meant physically ;)

I realize he was joking, but if he did lose 15 lbs, he's be an inch shorter and 5 lbs heavier than Marshall. It COULD happen.

I just hope we find a way to incorporate him and Sleepy into the offense regularly. The two-TE system isn't going to be used as commonly, so I hope we can see one of them as a H-Back. Cooley has unbelievable YAC ability so maybe it'll be him.

Of course Cooley's going to say that about Jason. Do you think he really means it though? Do you expect him to say he's not sure if Jason is the QB of the future? Of course not. I don't think Cooley's one to blast others to the media...unlike some others on the team.

Of course he meant it or he wouldn't have said it. He wasn't pressed for an evaluation. He just offered it.

The better question would be "does it matter what players think of Campbell to the Campbell haters?" They have already made up their minds and will just keep hating.

If anything, Campbell goes through his reads too quickly right now. There were a few times if he had been able to wait for receivers to get open, he would have had some wide open guys. I can understand that a bit from the standpoint that he doesn't have much time to wait for someone to get open, but he does need to improve on that.

UGHHHH, anyone on either side of the issue who makes this out to be ANYTHING is full of ****. There is no way that Cooley is going to say anything overly damaging about the guy who may be his QB next year in public.

First, Cooley is not that kind of a guy.

Second, he already took heat for his comments about JC's leadership.

Third, Cooley is not stupid. He realizes that their is still a lot of time between now and September and many different moves can be made, including himself if he pisses off the new leadership.

UGHHHH, anyone on either side of the issue who makes this out to be ANYTHING is full of ****. There is no way that Cooley is going to say anything overly damaging about the guy who may be his QB next year in public.

First, Cooley is not that kind of a guy.

Second, he already took heat for his comments about JC's leadership.

Third, Cooley is not stupid. He realizes that their is still a lot of time between now and September and many different moves can be made, including himself if he pisses off the new leadership.

Cooley has always been very positive about Campbell. The fact that Campbell's passes to Cooley are almost invariably right on target might have something to do with it. He has missed other targets with greater frequency, but he almost never makes a poor throw to Cooley.

I absolutely want to see Cooley line up in the slot from time to time.

Sometimes we as fans suggest these things that seem, on paper, no brainers to do when you have the right personnel, this being one of them. But save for some random Vrabel on O and Sean Taylor in the red zone on O kind of stuff, it doesnt seem to materialize that often. Would love to pick a coach's brain as to why these things would or wouldnt work (Cooley in the slot, Haynesworth at the goal line, etc).

Cooley seems to be all about getting in the national spotlight these days.

Quietly, there is a young man that is going to take more and more of his reps in the near future.

Seriously what is wrong with people like you ?

Why do people seem to want others to fail . Does it give you some joy ?

One of the good things, one of the positives from last season was Fed Davis started to step up . Now some what to turn that possitive into a negative and twist it into a reason to slam Cooley or who ever .

Why can we not be greatful we have two good TEs, two offensive weapons on the team . No one in Dallas says hey Bennett is playing okay lets trade Jason Witten .

We do know this negativity gets back to the players . Cooley himself has referenced what has been said on talk radio and on the offical team message board so don't think this **** doesn't reach or effect the players .

If this message board truly is representative of the fan base as a whole then we are in real bad shape as a franchise ...

];7271068']I realize he was joking' date=' but if he did lose 15 lbs, he's be an inch shorter and 5 lbs heavier than Marshall. It COULD happen.

I just hope we find a way to incorporate him and Sleepy into the offense regularly. The two-TE system isn't going to be used as commonly, so I hope we can see one of them as a H-Back. Cooley has unbelievable YAC ability so maybe it'll be him.[/quote'] Maybe our new Art Monk? One can hope. :D

Sorry every QB does this once and a while. JC had a hard time last year because he was on the ground or getting there after the first read. When he is pretected you can see him going threw his progresions. Yes there were a few plays last year when he actually had protection that he locked on, hopeing for someone to get open, but there isnt one QB in the league that hasn't done that. Watch the films befor you speak of what you do not know!

JC is better than half the starting QB's in the league and that statistically from last year. No he is not drew brees, Manning, or Brady but those are top tier QB's everyone can't be that good. He is far past serviceable and I believe has pro bowl capabilities.

The Green Bay line was crap on certain weeks due to various injuries, but they weren't consistently as awful as ours.

Partly because they didn't have a QB as horrid as ours behind center on a consistent basis.

It seems the JC EM is trying to imply that Cooley some how thinks JC is the man? It sounded like Cooley was saying JC is going to be accountable for his performance, no more excuses. As far as commenting on his abilities, What else is new? Just another in a long line of people who throw out the same lame excuses that keep JC behind center, he looks like the perfect QB, therefore he must be, well physical appearance means nothing, instinct, accuracy, and football acclimate is what makes QB's, which JC doesn't remotly posses.

Here comes everyone saying..."What else do you expect him to say, JC is no good?"

JC does have talent as shown by his stats this year. We have all seen them. I can't ever see him become a Pro Bowl or top QB in the league. That being said, with the right pieces around him, we can win some games.

Archived