Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Natural Ways to Cure a Headache

Soup

Any of you guys know how to cure a headache naturally without pills? I'm not into pills but I've got this killer headache, the one where your eyes hurt and its hard to read. Any advice would be nice

on more serious note... if you dont mind taking some herbal stuff and you have a korean or a chinese friend. Ask them to take to an asian doctor that specializes in the Eastern medicine.. they might have a natural solution for you.

Recline your head back slightly, resting it on something. Place a warmed towel across your forehead and close your eyes.

Should be a cold towel. Cold is needed for pain or inflammation.

Here's a few others, that work for migraines, so it should work for a simple headache.

* Turn off all the lights in the room. Light a candle. Stare at the candle and concentrate on the movement of the flames.

* Take one thumb, and press down into the space between your other thumb and your index fingers. Press down until it hurts. Now, this isn't some silly joke about creating pain in one area of your body, so you mentally forget the other pain. It actually works much of the time.

* Similar to what Dan said, but lay on a bed horizontally, so that your neck is line with the edge of your bed, and your head extends beyond the bed. Then let your head decline off the side of the bed.

If it's not medically induced,, meaning it's not due to something actually wrong with you...

Here's a nice method to relieve a tension headache. You need about five or six minutes and some quiet.

Close your eyes. Uncross your arms and legs, just sit quietly. Make a mental picture about a foot from your face.

What color is the headache?

What shape is it?

If it could hold water, how much water can it hold?

Once you've got your image, STARE at it in your mind's eye a foot from your face, Concentrate on it. Eventually you will lose concentration on it and the image will fade.

And your headache should be gone.

If you're laying down, try this

Imagine your body is made of clear plastic. It's filled up with an orange liquid.

There are pinprick holes in your fingertips. Concentrate on the liquid as it streams slowly from the tiny holes on your fingertips. Keep your mind on that liquid flowing through your fingertips.

When you're empty, your headache should be gone.

Last one. Seeing through your eyes is easy, It's natural, your consciousness and awareness automatically center from your eyes.

Change the center. Try and put all of your awareness in your left big toe. Concentrate so much onj your left big toe that it is all there is. Once you've done that, move your awareness up your foot. Slowly.

Keep moving it slowly up your leg, around your ankle, become aware of every hair on your leg, every crease of skin. (without touching it of course, your hands should just stay at your sides)

Soon enough your headache will be gone.

These are simple methods of transference. You have a headache, so that is what you're concentrating on. Change what you're concentrating on, and it will alleviate the pain.

~Bang

Seriously with the sex thing or are you guys jibbing me, because i'll do it.

I tried drinking half a gallon of water over half an hour ago but that just made me piss a lot.

I rarely get headaches but when I do they really hurt, I'm such a puss

Jeez all of the things you guys mention are out there...especially bang. I'll try them though because I'm soo gulible and desperate

They have a certain type of headache called a cluster headache where bad headaches, ( eye watering ones ) occur in series for a time, then go away.. then come back...

The cure for these types of headaches is to breath pure 100% oxygen. CNN published this cure from a medical research institute late last year, but it's been a known remedy for some time.

I have a family member who keeps a oxygen tank at home just for these occassions. She swears by this cure.

I tried drinking half a gallon of water over half an hour ago but that just made me piss a lot.

I've gotten dehydration headaches before. I got food poisoning and had sweats and diarea..... Then I got these wicked headaches. When I went to the doctory he told me to shake my head and to see if that hurt.... It did. That's how he diagnosed dehydration headaches... different from cluster headaches.

Jeez all of the things you guys mention are out there...especially bang. I'll try them though because I'm soo gulible and desperate

:ols:

It's not "out there"

It's simple transference. It just transfers your concentration away from the headache. If it's a simple stress induced tension headache, the techniques will relax the muscles causing the pain. Masturbation or sex is the same principle. You stop concentrating on your headache and you concentrate on something else.

Try the first one. Make a mental picture, It only takes a few minutes, and it works. (Unless it's caused by lack of sleep or something medical)

~Bang

They have a certain type of headache called a cluster headache where bad headaches, ( eye watering ones ) occur in series for a time, then go away.. then come back...

The cure for these types of headaches is to breath pure 100% oxygen. CNN published this cure from a medical research institute late last year, but it's been a known remedy for some time.

I have a family member who keeps a oxygen tank at home just for these occassions. She swears by this cure.

I saw a thing on NOVA a couple of weeks ago in which experiments with LSD have shown great promise in relieving cluster headaches. The LSD was without the compounds that give it euphoric properties.

~Bang

I saw a thing on NOVA a couple of weeks ago in which experiments with LSD have shown great promise in relieving cluster headaches. The LSD was without the compounds that give it euphoric properties.

~Bang

LSD doesn't cure the headache, it gives it a personality which you can then attempt to reason with. Problems occure however if the headache's personality is stronger than your own and it convinces you to conform to it's agenda rather than visa versa...

I think Oxygen is a more modest solution, which wouldn't involved potential DEA charges. and their are studies which document it's "dramatic relief" for headache suffers.

A cluster headache is one of the most painful types of headache. A striking feature of cluster headache is that the attacks occur in cyclical patterns, or clusters — which gives the condition its name

<LI class=doublespace _extended="true">Oxygen. Briefly inhaling 100 percent oxygen through a mask at a rate of 7 to 10 liters a minute provides dramatic relief for most who use it. The effects of this safe, inexpensive procedure can be felt within 15 minutes. The major drawback of oxygen is the need to carry an oxygen cylinder and regulator with you, which can make the treatment inconvenient and inaccessible at times. Small, portable units are available, but some people still find them impractical. Sometimes, oxygen may only delay rather than stop the attack, and pain may return.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/cluster-headache/DS00487.html

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/about.html#Oxygen

The inhalation of 100 percent oxygen, via a tight-fitting mask at a flow rate of 8 to 10 liters/min for 10 to 15 minutes is dramatically effective for about 80 percent of those patients for whom this approach is feasible; oxygen is particularly effective for nocturnal attacks. This mode of therapy, although recommended by Horton (1952) over 35 years ago, has only recently been substantiated by controlled trials (Kudrow, 1981; Fogan, 1985). Oxygen inhalations may be repeated up to five times per day. Sakai and Meyer (1979) have shown that marked cerebral vasoconstriction results from the administration of 100 percent oxygen during cluster headache attacks. Whether this effect is direct or is mediated centrally has not been studied. Oxygen also stimulates the synthesis of serotonin in the central nervous system (CNS) (Costa and Meek, 1974).

Any of you guys know how to cure a headache naturally without pills? I'm not into pills but I've got this killer headache, the one where your eyes hurt and its hard to read. Any advice would be nice

asprin contains two natural things, caffeine and acetylsalicylic acid.

acetylsalicylic acid.

Willow Bark..... I don't think caffiene is natural in asprin... Bayer and other pure asprins don't have caffiene in them. But many do add it because caffiene withdrawl is leading cause for some types of headaches.

Yep, a third type of headache..... is the cafeine Headache. Folks who drink a lot of cafeine can get withdrawl effects which manifest as headaches when they don't get that coffee or don't get that vat of diet coke during the day. Consuming Caffiene in any form helps them too.

The three types of headaches we've discussed are..

• Dehydration - drink water.
  • Cluster - Oxygen.
  • Caffiene - eat caffiene... many asprins and I think tylonol add it to their drug.

Seriously with the sex thing or are you guys jibbing me, because i'll do it.

I rarely get headaches but when I do they really hurt, I'm such a puss

Absolutely serious. The science of it is that your body releases endorphins after orgasm that is basically a painkiller.

Archived