Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Natural Ways to Cure a Headache

Soup

Ok a quick update, I left work and got home. I tried two things, one of them worked...Lol.

I haven't been on a date since christmas so I had to use the five finger technique and that just made it worse. Head felt like it was going to explode. I felt tired and laid down on my bed and I tried Bangs thing with a cold towel over my eyes. 20-25 minutes later it worked, the headache was gone. I don't know why but it just stopped. thanks

Willow Bark..... I don't think caffiene is natural in asprin... Bayer and other pure asprins don't have caffiene in them. But many do add it because caffiene withdrawl is leading cause for some types of headaches.

Yep, a third type of headache..... is the cafeine Headache. Folks who drink a lot of cafeine can get withdrawl effects which manifest as headaches when they don't get that coffee or don't get that vat of diet coke during the day. Consuming Caffiene in any form helps them too.

The three types of headaches we've discussed are..

• Dehydration - drink water.
  • Cluster - Oxygen.
  • Caffiene - eat caffiene... many asprins and I think tylonol add it to their drug.

Caffeine works as an adjuvant for aspirin. It is not its own headache relief, but there to help enhance the drug effect. However, as you state, for caffeine withdrawal headaches caffeine on its own or in aspirin is effective.

Caffeine works as an adjuvant for aspirin. It is not its own headache relief, but there to help enhance the drug effect. However, as you state, for caffeine withdrawal headaches caffeine on its own or in aspirin is effective.

Hey MSF.... dieing to know... did you vote for Scott Brown, the cosmo model and his wife with the "girl with the curious hand"? Or did you go third party?

Are you happy with the voter's decision or did you think there was a better candidate who should have gotten the party's nod?

Hey MSF.... dieing to know... did you vote for Scott Brown, the cosmo model and his wife with the "girl with the curious hand"? Or did you go third party?

Are you happy with the voter's decision or did you think there was a better candidate who should have gotten the party's nod?

Just to be clear - I'm not HIM. :)

But, since you asked, I faced a hard decision on this one. In the primary, I went with Somerville's own Congressman Mike Capuano. The hometown boy easily won my city, but lost to Croakley in more left-leaning PC areas like neighboring Cambridge.

The primary race was a joke. It was pretty clear to me that the Dem leadership had muzzled Capuano for some reason. He eats idiots for breakfast and morons for lunch. He would have mopped the floor with Mush-Mouth Martha in a heartbeat had he not been told to back off, at least IMHO. There was no spark to the campaign at all, and no real message from anyone. In the end it was a vote about whether it was time to send a woman to the Senate from this state.

What the Dems didn't count on was that no one wanted to be told who they felt should inherit Teddy's seat. People were PISSED!!!

In the end I voted my conscience and wrote in Capuano.

In two years' time when Brown has done nothing other than garner more media exposure (you guys though Brett Favre was bad) for himself and his daughter Ayla, the Dems will finally allow Big Mike to have the shot he deserves, and he'll win in a landslide. Why they told him to back off is a mystery to me still.

uhm... didn't you just describe Aspirin?

No, it was Lysergic acid diethylamide

Here is a wikipedia entry about what I saw

"LSD has been used as a treatment for cluster headaches, an uncommon but extremely painful disorder. Researcher Peter Goadsby describes the headaches as "worse than natural childbirth or even amputation without anesthetic."

Although the phenomenon has not been formally investigated, case reports indicate that LSD and psilocybin can reduce cluster pain and also interrupt the cluster-headache cycle, preventing future headaches from occurring. Currently existing treatments include various ergolines, among other chemicals, so LSD's efficacy may not be surprising.

A dose-response study testing the effectiveness of both LSD and psilocybin was planned at McLean Hospital, although the current status of this project is unclear. A 2006 study by McLean researchers interviewed 53 cluster-headache sufferers who treated themselves with either LSD or psilocybin, finding that a majority of the users of either drug reported beneficial effects.[44] Unlike use of LSD or MDMA in psychotherapy, this research involves non-psychological effects and often sub-psychedelic dosages

~Bang

Ok a quick update, I left work and got home. I tried two things, one of them worked...Lol.

I haven't been on a date since christmas so I had to use the five finger technique and that just made it worse. Head felt like it was going to explode. I felt tired and laid down on my bed and I tried Bangs thing with a cold towel over my eyes. 20-25 minutes later it worked, the headache was gone. I don't know why but it just stopped. thanks

Good to hear.

If you get past your natural skepticism now that you know it works, it can be done much faster.

~Bang

Archived