Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Babe Draft: Sign Here To Participate (Last Chance To Sign Up!)

Crap. The first year it took forever and I had to move at the last minute, while going to disney for vacation and everything was a mess.

Last year I got dumped and was all pissy pantsed. Then I just picked scrawny chics with over sized heads, like Paltrow.

Who knows what the hell is going to happen this time, but I'm in for sure. My life is actually stable and I'm single, so maybe the third time will be a charm.

That's always gonna happen, though lol...just gotta find some good draft choices that negate name recognition. I actually got away with that last time when I defeated the might Angelina Jolie :D...

Because she ain't that hot. I met her in real life and didn't even know it was here until somebody told me.

And who the hell gets tired of looking at Alba.

Because she ain't that hot. I met her in real life and didn't even know it was here until somebody told me.

And who the hell gets tired of looking at Alba.

Yeah, but we were talking about the effects of name recognition dictating which choice people selected. And I had a LOT of ES members baffled that anyone could NOT pick Jolie lol...

for example...

Zhang Ziyi ---- she is internationally famous so she dont qualify

Jolin Tsai --- Famous Taiwanese singer (google her)

that way we can make this into a learning experience for others who arent in the "know"

But what is somebody going to do? Google "famous Turkish singers" until they find a really hot one that is popular, but not popular enough to be "internationally famous?" Sounds like kind of a pain in the ass, but maybe it could work.

I've never done it before, but I'm in this year, why not.

But what is somebody going to do? Google "famous Turkish singers" until they find a really hot one that is popular, but not popular enough to be "internationally famous?" Sounds like kind of a pain in the ass, but maybe it could work.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to have a category that deals with geographical location that won't require 12 hour searches on Google lol...not to mention finding a pic of these non-internationally famous women that is recent (if we make that a requirement).

Yeah, but we were talking about the effects of name recognition dictating which choice people selected. And I had a LOT of ES members baffled that anyone could NOT pick Jolie lol...

Good point. lol

Public votes. No phantoms either. Odd how some will come in and vote off names and not stop for a second to check out the pics.:insane:

Actually, I think it might be good to have at least two categories that don't require "recent" pics of our choices to be used, but instead you can use photos of these women at their hottest..."Classic Beauty" was a blast partially because we could find their very best photos instead of trying to research when exactly the photo was taken lol. If we did something like "Rock/Singer Babes" we could make it any female singer from any time period, just use the best photos of them you can find...something like that.

In again.

What was a pain last year was finding when the pic was taken. Also, the athlete cat. was bs. I lost to a guy that used a tennis player who hadn't played in 5 years (never even went pro) and was using her current modeling pics.

I would like to see:

Born before 1.1.80 (pics may be from anytime)

Born on or after 1.1.80 (pics must be within 1 year old)

Over 6ft

Born outside USA

Birthdates or locations, height, or other easily measurable stats make the cat. easier to police then some of the others thrown around here.

I'm in this every year, so sign me up again.

Last time there were 4 categories, IMO there should really be an odd number. That way the voting won't have to go to a tiebreaker (which screwed me last year..... :) )

agreed, the tie breaker was kinda weak.

3 or 5 would def. be better.

In again.

What was a pain last year was finding when the pic was taken. Also, the athlete cat. was bs. I lost to a guy that used a tennis player who hadn't played in 5 years (never even went pro) and was using her current modeling pics.

I would like to see:

Born before 1.1.80 (pics may be from anytime)

Born on or after 1.1.80 (pics must be within 1 year old)

Over 6ft

Born outside USA

Birthdates or locations, height, or other easily measurable stats make the cat. easier to police then some of the others thrown around here.

I think the pics should be within something like 2 or 3 years old...there are some very attractive women who do not have an abundance of photos of themselves from the last 12 months online. I also think that the "Born before 1.1.80" should be within that same time period...no use in allowing someone to post a pic of a 30 year old from when she was 20 and starting out in modeling lol :).

I still think one like "musician/singer" would be better, that way you don't have to worry about finding a pic of them within a certain timeframe...plus I think it's pretty cool to have a large field to choose from that stretches decades and not just the latest Maxim shoot.

Sometimes less is more. The draft last year took forever. I'd say 3 categories is much better than 5.

Then just create a miscellaneous thread after for all the ladies people considered but didn't draft. (I don't want you boys to think I'm trying to keep the hotties out of the tailgate ;))

edit: And ljs is correct, I know MissU and I played last year too. I made it to the semis before the game mysteriously ended.

Archived